PATH TO REDEMPTION

The Shadow Guard

sooo, should I stop painting?

No - not at all. Unless you'll finish by tomorrow that is! B) It doesn't matter at which stage the minis are in when you enter them, as long as they still are incomplete according to your standards. However I see you entered your new vow ahead of the opening for new vows... We'll keep this in mind but the reason SG says the new vows should be entered after a certain time is to facilitate the fairly complex data keeping and logistics of the event...

Not to worry though - I beleive he'll get your vow in regardless... In any case if you see your vow is not there you can always alert SG to the fact quoting the number of your oath post.

So guys - a day extention! Let's do the most out of it! :)

I finished my vow and updated my post earlier in the thread, but I suppose I should get clarification since this was my first vow I participated in. When is the deadline typically? I saw it was about 7pm my time so I'm assuming midnight GMT? I need to make sure for my next vow because I don't want to make that mistake twice. Note to self, finish early and don't work to the last minute. bah. Next time I hope to have better pictures, I was using my cell phone unfortunately. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a nice and cheapish digital camera. I'm saving up for a Digital SLR but I should probably get something in the mean time if I'm going to be posting status pictures.

Thanks all

cool, thanks guys. I just hope no one cries foul with this apparent extra time. I am gonna try and do a minimum of 5 vows......try!

You do realise that we have FIVE more months of walking the path to redemption?... might be worth looking at one oath per month? :P but then again... go for it if you feel up to it! :D

SG

The Inner Circle works in mysterious ways! Nice to see people getting an extension, hopefully a few more battle brothers come through and complete their objectives for September. I'll make my next vow tomorrow, still considering a few options.

NEWDEADLINE IN 8 HOURS

The Inner Circle of the Unfogiven has deemed it not only a necessity but also an honour in the name of the most benevolent emperor of man and our paternal primarch, the lord of the first legion, that a brief respite of 24 hours be given to those struggling on their march towards redemption. That the journey matters is beond dispute but this one last respite is all that stands between redeeming those who have stumbled in the eyes of the Lion and the eagle!

SEPTEMBER OATHS MAY BE SUBMITTED UNTIL MIDNIGHT GMT MONDAY 01 OCTOBER 2012: 8 HOURS & COUNTING

OCTOBER OATHS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM 0600 HOURS GMT TUESDAY 02 OCTOBER 2012: 14 HOURS & COUNTING

The Honoured Oath Makers

Total participants = 82 Oathkeepers = 49 (59.8%) Oathbreakers = 5 (6%)

Up to date as of the 4.00pm GMT 1st of October 2012.

SG

Did update my original post yesterday, But finally got some decent shots uploaded, and would get some comments (rather than being lost mid thread).

The robes are experimental, but will probably make their way onto the rest of my robed troops. Trying a new scheme (Rakerth / Palid wytch) rather than the usual vanilla ice-cream. Possibly could be improved with a sepia wash, but will leave that until I have given it a go on a few more robed marines.

Anyway onto the photos.

Front

gallery_68724_7717_915038.png

Side

gallery_68724_7717_2212180.png

Other Side.

gallery_68724_7717_3014229.png

Comments welcome (except for ones about the mould line on the inaccesable part of the robe)

Brothers! Push ahead and finish those vows! Take advantace of the Inner Circle's generosity. Let's get that 56% higher, show our brothers in the other chapters what we can do!

For October, the time is now to decide what to do! Prepare those models to be done. And they will be done!

Redemption shall be ours!

Did update my original post yesterday, But finally got some decent shots uploaded, and would get some comments (rather than being lost mid thread).

The robes are experimental, but will probably make their way onto the rest of my robed troops. Trying a new scheme (Rakerth / Palid wytch) rather than the usual vanilla ice-cream. Possibly could be improved with a sepia wash, but will leave that until I have given it a go on a few more robed marines.

Anyway onto the photos.

Front

gallery_68724_7717_915038.png

Side

gallery_68724_7717_2212180.png

Other Side.

gallery_68724_7717_3014229.png

Comments welcome (except for ones about the mould line on the inaccesable part of the robe)

Looks great! I don't see any mould line? Well done! I like his face and hair especially. Nicely done. The robes stand out too, good colour choices!

Agreed, that samael is awesome! oh and don't worry SG, I have a ton of mini's. but the main reason for the push is I am coming out of retirement. My new job starts on October 29. so I'm going to try to smash october!

Come on brothers we can do better tha 59.8%!

NEW DEADLINE IN 6 HOURS

The Inner Circle of the Unfogiven has deemed it not only a necessity but also an honour in the name of the most benevolent emperor of man and our paternal primarch, the lord of the first legion, that a brief respite of 24 hours be given to those struggling on their march towards redemption. That the journey matters is beond dispute but this one last respite is all that stands between redeeming those who have stumbled in the eyes of the Lion and the eagle!

SEPTEMBER OATHS MAY BE SUBMITTED UNTIL MIDNIGHT GMT MONDAY 01 OCTOBER 2012: 5 HOURS & COUNTING

OCTOBER OATHS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED FROM 0600 HOURS GMT TUESDAY 02 OCTOBER 2012: 11 HOURS & COUNTING

+ + + and djgoldsmith takes it to 64.6% completion + + +

The Honoured Oath Makers

Total participants = 82 Oathkeepers = 53 (64.6%) Oathbreakers = 5 (6%)

Up to date as of the 7.00pm GMT 1st of October 2012.

SG

Ok, I think I have the time right. I vow for the month of October, to paint 6 Ravenwing Bikes, sergeant with melta bombs and2x meltaguns for 245 points, for my fallen Angels of Malice chapter

gallery_68682_7685_278899.jpg

As well as 5 chaos termies kit bashed to DA, sergeant with assualt cannon and power weapon, 1x stormbolter and chain fist, and 3x stormbolters and power fists for 250 points.

gallery_68682_7685_300421.jpg

Archived