Dechande's true scale thread. 11/09 War walker cockpit added

Dechande

Thanks for the kind words guys. 1000heathens, I agree he does look like Snake, when I was doing the face I had Liam Neeson in mind but your observation seems more accurate.

Stobz, yes, I have 2 motorcycles, a Triumph Street Triple and a Honda VTX1800, which I ride a lot. Do you ride? That isn't how I got the head injury, although I was knocked off my bike in October, luckily was nothing more than a couple of bruises. 2013 was not a good year for me...

Vash113, I quite like that idea, I'll have a look and see if I can get it to fit, thanks.

Edited by Dechande

I don't suppose your going to cast this lovely piece and potentially make it available to us snake plissken fans?

Yes I am, like my last model, I'll be listing them on ebay.

I'm going to end up referring to this one as Snake Plissken after the comments lol!

I'm going to end up referring to this one as Snake Plissken after the comments lol!

Awesome, is your previous one still available on ebay and what is it called? I checked your previous thread but didn't see that info... :blush.:

Awesome, is your previous one still available on ebay and what is it called? I checked your previous thread but didn't see that info... :blush.:

I've sent you a PM :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone

My copy of this magnificent brute appeared in the post today and I just wanted to say he's great. The pictures really don't do him justice. I have sent Dechande a message with some detailed feedback but it's really tiny details that aren't complaints, just suggestions for future sculpts. As others have noted the fur of the cloak is a bit uniform, expecially when viewed from the back. I'm going to very carefully try to add a couple of amulets and other gubbins to the cloak along with some raggedy tufts of fur to break up the texture a bit but that's really small stuff and I'd say if you were tempted to buy this guy don't let tiny niggles put you off.

• 4 months later...

He looks fantastic.  Not sure I'd call him true scale though.  Looks like that'd make him about 16ft tall.

The model is 45mm to eye level, 55mm to the top of the armour. I worked on the basis that if a guardsman is about 30mm and 6 foot then 5mm is around a foot. So 45mm would be 9 feet tall, 11 feet to the top of the armour. That would make the individual inside the armour around 9 foot tall without the armour and bare feet.

Looking at the face closer, i just realized that he looks like Snake Plisken with a beard.  :laugh.:

http://gavinstephens.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/snake-plissken.jpeg

Which makes him even cooler.

I thought he was dead.