Some pictures of the boards we used for our Apocalypse:

gallery_62972_11822_195147.jpg

12 x 6 board, panoramic shot (done by moving left to right along the Imperial board edge), middle of turn three.

gallery_62972_11822_30987.jpg

Satellite board layout

gallery_62972_11822_34544.jpg

Overland board one, 4 x 4

gallery_62972_11822_99345.jpg

Zone Mortalis board, 4 x 4, access only from both overland zones (or by teleportation)

gallery_62972_11822_11592.jpg

Overland board 2, 4 x 4

12 x 6 board, panoramic shot (done by moving left to right along the Imperial board edge), middle of turn three.

Satellite board layout

Zone Mortalis board, 4 x 4, access only from both overland zones (or by teleportation)

Overland board 2, 4 x 4

So the battles were being fought on multiple tables?

Satellite board layout

Overland board 2, 4 x 4

So the battles were being fought on multiple tables?

Yup. The main board was for the Apocalypse Formations, Super-heavies, GMCs, etc, and represented the main fight. On the main board were four objectives which turned out to be large guns (Primus Redoubt, Plasma Obliterator, Macro Cannon, Vortex Missile Launcher). Each large gun was powered by an objective on the sub board and if we wanted to fire it, it had to be controlled.

Carnage.

One huge, and three smaller that had points on that meant control of big guns on the large table!

My padawan speaks truth! It's also entirely possible that he was in attendance...

• 2 weeks later...

Apocalypse 2016 Review

Going to have to split this into four posts due to the image limit:

1. Game Information and Deployment
  2. Turn One
  3. Turn Two
  4. Turn Three

1) Game Information and Deployment

A
nd so it was that with the crushing defeat of the forces of disorder, peace returned to the planet Enville in the system of Brown. Sadly, this was not to last as in a little over a Terran year later, another Archenemy host grossly inflated with Xenos auxiliaries returned to Enville, plunging the planet in darkness once more. With the planet now being declared a Warzone, The Fleischentashe 6th regiment of the Astra Militarum were sent in en mass along with support from two Imperial Knight and three Titan Legion households. However, upon seeing nefarious Eldar – once our erstwhile allies for this world – lining up in opposition to our forces, the Astropaths were instructed to send out requests for aid. Answering the call were four Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes including a strike force of Dark Angels, but who knows what their endgame would be?

Teams

Imperials ~ 43k

• The Fleischentashe 6th (Astra Militarum) ~ 15k including numerous Super-heavies, four Warhound Titans, two Reaver Titans and a Warlord Titan
  • Redemption’s Fists Space Marines ~ 4.5k
  • The Sanguine Vision (Blood Angels) – 4.5k
  • Blood Angels ~ 13k including two Super-heavies and one Imperial Knight
  • Dark Angels ~ 4.5k including one Warhound Titan
  • One additional Imperial Knight

Chaos and Xenos ~ 43k

• Chaos Space Marines ~ 5k including one Chaos Knight
  • Eldar ~ 15k including two Gargantuan Monstrous Creatures, one Super-heavy, two Revenant Titans and one Phantom Titan
  • Tau ~ 1k
  • Chaos and Orks ~ 12k including four Super-heavies
  • Fallen Angels and Daemons ~ 13k including one Super-heavy

Schedule and Board Information

Schedule

• Friday night: Deployment (and pre-game stuff)
  • Saturday: Turn one on the main board, turn 1a and 1b on the satellite board. Repeat for turn two
  • Sunday: Scheduled break. Turn three on the main board, turn 3a and 3b on the satellite board
  • Turn sequence
    • Sub-phase 1 (Main Board)
      Control of guns is based on the state of the objectives from the previous game turn.
      Any units that left a board in the previous game turn can enter the main board.
      Team 1 Turn
      Team 2 Turn
    • Sub-phase 2 (Satellite Boards)
      Any units that left a satellite board in the previous game turn can enter a satellite board.
      Team 1 Turn
      Team 2 Turn
    • Sub-phase 3 (Satellite Boards)
      Any units that left a satellite board in the previous game turn or sub-phase 2 can enter a satellite board.
      Any units that left the main board in the previous game turn can enter a satellite board.
      Team 1 Turn
      Team 2 Turn

Board Information

• Board sizes: main board 12x6, three satellite boards 4x4
  • Mission played is Meatgrinder (Apocalypse, page 43)
  • The mission special rules Mysterious Objectives and Unnatural Disasters will not be used.
  • There will be eight Objectives. Four on the main board and four spread over the satellite boards.
  • Each team has six Strategy Cards taken from Apocalypse
  • Cross board travel
    • Each board will have 2 points that allow units to travel between boards. This might be with some kind of tunnel system or teleports and because of this only Infantry, MC (with a base no bigger than 60mm) and Walkers (with a base no bigger than 60mm) may travel between boards
    • If a valid unit moves within 3” of a travel point in their movement phase they can choose to travel between boards. If this is done the until should be removed from the board and held in the “board travel pool” They can then return to play as described in the Game Turn Sequence
    • Flyers may also travel between boards by leaving the board in the movement phase. This can be done by disengaging by taking the flyer off the board and putting it into the “board travel pool” at the start of the flyers movement or by moving off the table edge using normal movement. They can then re-enter as described in the Game Turn Sequence

• Objectives
    • Objectives on the satellite boards will also act as controls for the guns on the main board
    • A unit is considered to have control of a gun if it is within 3” of an objective and not engaged in combat. If units from both sides are within 3” of the objective it is considered contested and no unit has control
    • Guns controlled from the satellite board are fired in the shooting phase of the controlling side and are fired at BS3
    • The gun control objectives will also count as apocalypse objectives and scoring will follow the normal rules (closest unit gets the objective) expect that they will only ever be worth 1 point

• Zone Mortalis board
    • None of the optional special rules will be used
    • After deployment additional units can only enter the zone mortalis via the access points on the other boards or by deepstrike if permitted by the Zone Mortalis rules

House Rules

• All armies are "Ally of Convenience" level with each other. If a player’s army is made up of multiple factions these will follow the standard alliance rules but will never be worse than Ally of Convenience. For example on Team 1 Player A has an army made up of Space Marines and Guard and Player B has an army of just Space Marines. Player A’s Space Marines and Guard will be battle brothers with each other however they will only be Ally of Convenience to the Space Marines of Player B
  • All models/fortifications are to be WYSIWYG, painted and based to battle ready standard (three base colours and based)
  • All rules are to be official, be they (preferably) hard copies or digital. Where something is experimental or OOP, but still valid, a print out may be used
  • Apocalypse Formations, GMCs and SHVs are only permitted on the main board
  • Units from a single detachments or formation can’t be split across boards during deployment. After deployment units that are held in reserve they can enter any board they are allowed to be used on
  • All armies are to be Battleforged. The exceptions are GMCs, SHVs and Apocalypse Formations. Unbound armies will not participate
  • Whilst 30k stuff is permitted, they must conform to an AoD Detachment/FoC as listed in HH: LACAL. They must also conform to the above rules (i.e. painted, most up to date rules, etc). In addition, due to how unfamiliar most of us are about the rules for 30k stuff, this needs to be declared in advance
  • When GMC or SHV fire on different targets use the rules described for split fire (40k rulebook page 172). For example if a Wraithknight fires one of its wraith cannons at a Rhino but doesn’t destroy it the Wraithknight can’t then select to shoot at that Rhino again but can pick another target
  • During the psychic phase each board will have its own warp charge pool which is generated based on what is on the board
  • The objective controlled guns on the main board work are considered Impassable Buildings (40k Rule book page 110) and can’t be destroyed
  • Any non-objective buildings or emplaced weapons on the battlefield will follow the normal rules (40k rulebook page 110). The only exception to this is if a building is removed due to a Detonation result on the damage table it will not be removed from the battlefield. Instead it will be marked as destroyed and will become an impassable building
  • The psychic power Invisibility will be altered so that anything attacking the unit with this power on it will be at BS1 and WS1

Deployment

The Archenemy won the roll for Deployment, setting up a full half of their force. While most of it occupied the front lines, Fallen Angels, depraved Cultists and Xenos mercenaries staked a claim for resources many miles away. The Imperial forces moved to counter this, deploying all their Titans and Super-heavies to the front lines to support the ground forces of Guard and Blood Angels. The Dark Angels swiftly moved to engage the Fallen, leaving the Redemption’s Fists to eradicate the Cultist threat. Ceding overall command to Sir Terence Fotherington IV of The Fleischentashe 6th, he proceeded to spring his trap by effortlessly wrestling control of the first turn...

Click to enlarge.

Main board

sml_gallery_62972_11822_113582.jpg sml_gallery_62972_11822_110980.jpg

Satellite boards

sml_gallery_62972_11822_34544.jpg sml_gallery_62972_11822_99345.jpg sml_gallery_62972_11822_11592.jpg

Still working on the next part of the Apocalypse report but in the meantime, I was asked about how I highlighted my black. Naturally I showed some pictures but I realised that I haven't shown a picture of my Death Company Rhino on here yet. So:

gallery_62972_9848_296159.jpg
med_gallery_62972_9848_854692.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Been giving some thought to my 1250 DC list lately, but I can't seem to get anything I'm satisfied with.

Feel free to take a look and see what it is I'm lacking to tip the balance of a battle in my favour.

** and yes, I know I've got an Apoc report to finish but work it sucking up too much energy right now...

• 4 weeks later...

Ooph that's a heart wrenching decision. But it really doesn't seem there's any place for it there. That's rough, buddy.

Yup, especially considering the list was originally re-imagined to include it! However, in it's two non-Apocalypse games so far, the first saw it ignored and it did very little, whilst the second saw it detonated by from a volley of heavy wraithcannons. Whilst I like the idea of having two AV 14 units in the army, my collection currently doesn't have enough redundancy to accommodate it - so basically it will stay benched until I get more Land Raiders. Or something.

We're go!

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of his name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one squad of Terminators with an assault cannon, heavy flamer and two chainfists from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 440 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

gallery_62972_9848_68443.jpg

The SH termies are gorgeus. Im sure you'll do right by them. Get cracking :smile.:

These have been on my painting desk as a carrot to do things since last year's RTS. I then went and teased myself by painting up Calistarius for my group's Apocalypse :teehee: Literally can't tell you how much I want to paint these since I bought them :happy.::happy.:

However, last night I got as far as securing the base material with watered-down PVA on these and my future vows. Expect to start applying the first colour (black) tonight or at least by midweek.

Can I get by on six hours' sleep for the next three months when I have two young children?

Can I get by on six hours' sleep for the next three months when I have two young children?

It turns out, the answer is no.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Meanwhile I get to decide on the points limit for my next game; sadly it's against Eldar :(

or

or

?