psychic primarchs

Well Perturabo had a sort of warp sight, similar to navigators which is kind of psychic. Corax could "mask" himself so people couldn't see him which I assumed was a psychic power. I think the Khan has a psychic power after reading Brotherhood of the Storm but it's hard to explain. Leman Russ had a howl which seemed to be anti psyker.

Well Perturabo had a sort of warp sight, similar to navigators which is kind of psychic. Corax could "mask" himself so people couldn't see him which I assumed was a psychic power. I think the Khan has a psychic power after reading Brotherhood of the Storm but it's hard to explain. Leman Russ had a howl which seemed to be anti psyker.

That's what he means.

Let's not forget the Lion's psychic shield. Essentially, all of the Primarchs are psychic to one degree or another. It's just that some were psychic in subtle ways while others were very obvious about it as well as everything in between.

No, Russ is not a Pariah. His psychic howl was like a phonetic shock in the warp. Sort of like a banshee's scream.

All of the Primachs had some form of Psychic power

The ones I am aware off

magnus - full on psychic

curze - ability to blend with shadows some form of psychic blast

lorgar - not entiry sure of his powers but it's mentioned in FH

sanguinius - foresight and others IIRC Magnus mentions in TS he's the next one in line after him for Psychic ability

Corax - ability to cloud minds and walk unseen

Ferrus - ability to work with metal (before his hands thing) also has iron skin a known psychic power

Russ - psychic roar

Fulgrim - had some form of psychic power

Mortarion - apparently can't feel pain which could be attributed to psychic powers

Possibly or he just has an anti psyker ability. Each of the Primarchs had a element of the Emperor including his psychic prowess, this is how I see it's broken down.

The Khan - He has a sort of radiance when first seen, overwhelmingly blinding, I'm unsure whether this is a psychic power or over dramatisation on the part of Chris Wraight.

Perturabo - Can look into the Warp from any where, especially powerful when he stares at the Eye of Terror - Possible Navigator Gene

Magnus - Apart from his overwhelmingly powerful psychic ability he can also transmit over great distances, potential Astropath Gene.

Sanguinius - Power of foresight

Curze - foresight or is it premonition, but he kind of shares this with Sanguinius, as well as a psychic dampening effect or something.

Lorgar - Powerful "buffing" psyker that inspires those around him as shown on istvaan V around the time he fights Corax.

Leman Russ- Potentially the Emperor's ability to combat other psykers given form?

Corax - Ability to manipulate people to hide in plain sight, something the Emperor had done for a Millenia.

That's all guess work on what I've read though.

I can help you a bit with that list:

Curze: Foresight, telekinetic blast, the Shadow.

Lorgar: Started out as empathy. IIRC by now he has reached Magnus in being fully open with his powers. NOTICE: I did not say he was as strong as Magnus, only he is now open and using all of his powers.

Sanguinius: At the moment his foresight is the only thing that has only been displayed.

Corax: The Shadow

Ferrus: Not to sure I'd run and label that a power. Reason being is because IIRC, he got those hands after sticking them into a burning lake with the corpse of a steel serpent.(Feel free to correct me if I have it wrong)

Fulgrim: So far, we have seen sorcery from this guy. Somewhere, there is psychic potential,

after all he did throw a daemon out of his own body.

Mortarion: Again, I could see why but so far he has been the only "anti-psyker" Primarch. So while following the fact that every single other Primarch has(or will) display some sort of psychic power, he really hasn't. Mortarion survived the poisons thanks to his biology, just like Gulliman surviving the extreme cold of space without a helmet.

The Lion El'Jonson: Psychic force shield.

The Russ: It has been described as a "psychic roar". I've always heard it as a psychic roar. I honestly do not believe it to be some sort of "anti-psyker" power. More like Sarpedon's Hell. Russ is just able to create a sort of warp feedback loop that affects those who aren't use to it. Otherwise, even the Rune Priests would get hit by it. And while Russ seems ruthless and doggedly determined to win every battle he gets into, putting his own troops into the line of fire is something I don't expect from him. Curze and Angron, yes. There's a reason their reputation is what it is.

EDIT: Sort of ninja'd by WoT.

motarian is not imune to pain by psychic powers cause he almost died fighting his ex foster father and fulgrim did have any as far as im concerned

and corax just hid in shadows not in plain sight that im sure off

and lorgar other turning him self gold the big e did and having nightmares like curze did he have any other gifts

motarian is not imune to pain by psychic powers cause he almost died fighting his ex foster father and fulgrim did have any as far as im concerned

and corax just hid in shadows not in plain sight that im sure off

and lorgar other turning him self gold the big e did and having nightmares like curze did he have any other gifts

No, Corax did walk in plain sight. Deliverance Lost is the source. You see it mostly in flashbacks but you do see it in action towards the end of the book when an Emperor's Children is looking dead at Corax but sees nothing except his men falling apart before his eyes.

In A Reflection Crack'd, we see Fulgrim do something to a Titan that is eerily similar to the Gift of Chaos psychic power, except no Spawn came from it, the result was just a mass of unordered flesh.

Lorgar never turned himself gold. Either skin was gold or he was covered in gold tattoos, it depends on the fluff. I believe the most recent has it as his skin being golden. But yes, in TFH, we see him using empathy and he describes his power as empathy because empathy is all he ever bothered to use. In Aurelian, we see that he has psychically matured enough that he can pimp slap Magnus. NOTICE: At the time, Magnus was still sort of weak from Prospero being destroyed and was stretching himself by putting an astral projection all the way from the PoS to Istvaan.

Yeah I didn't mean he turned himself gold just they he was perceived as being golden due to tattoos or pigment of his skin, however in Brotherhood of the Storm Khan is shown to be blinding, similiar to how the Emperor is first perceived in a number of stories, especially those in which a Primarch first meets him.

Corax flanked an entire Iron Warriors convoy in A Raven's Flight in plain sight carrying a heavy bolter and whip, the Iron Warriors didn't see him until he was killing them and blowing up tanks. It is explained more though in Deliverance Lost as Kol_Saresk states above.

Fulgrim's powers I believe are due to his possession or his path towards daemonhood, I don't think he innately had any.

Yeah I didn't mean he turned himself gold just they he was perceived as being golden due to tattoos or pigment of his skin, however in Brotherhood of the Storm Khan is shown to be blinding, similiar to how the Emperor is first perceived in a number of stories, especially those in which a Primarch first meets him.

I was talking about Lorgar because Deathwatch/Grey Knight mentioned Lorgar specifically. I cannot comment on the Khan because I haven't read Brotherhood of the Storm, but either he can cast some sort of psychic illumination shroud(those words just really don't want to go together) or he was standing in front of the sun and the author forgot to mention that.

Fulgrim's powers I believe are due to his possession or his path towards daemonhood, I don't think he innately had any.

Yeah, that's why I said sorcery. I do believe that he innately had some psychic powers as it is something that all the Primarchs seem to share to one degree or another. After all, he was able to throw a daemon out of his body. And there's that old tidbit of fluff where latent psykers were such a danger not only because they attracted daemons, but because it was easier for a daemon to influence latent psykers than "blunts"(read as non-psykers).

lorgar was blinding because corax said to him you are ugly mockery of our father or something like that

Oooookay, nowhere has anyone said Lorgar is blindingly gold. The only Primarch to be described that way is the Khan, Primarch of the White Scars.

I'm really not sure on Mortarion having powers, I don't think we've read enough about him to make definitive claims. I seem to recall, and correct me if I'm wrong that he was one of the Primarchs vehemently opposed to Magnus and his use of psychic powers.

No one said Lorgar was blinding, I was making a comparison between the way Khan is described in Brotherhood of the Storm and the way Lorgar is generally described, Lorgar is said to be "golden" perhaps due to his tattoos or skin colour but every time the Khan appears to someone for the first time, they are blinded until it begins to die down. Kind of like the way the Emperor appears several times during the Index Astartes when he's stated as being enveloped in light etc.

I'm really not sure on Mortarion having powers, I don't think we've read enough about him to make definitive claims. I seem to recall, and correct me if I'm wrong that he was one of the Primarchs vehemently opposed to Magnus and his use of psychic powers.

So was Leman Russ, but it didn't stop him from using a (probably psychic) howl that could disrupt even Astartes...

The difference is, as WoT said, Mortarion hasn't displayed any abilities yet. Mortarion took a disliking to sorcery and as an extent, he hates psykers as well. IIRC, that's how Typhus tricked him by saying there was a way to get to Terra without using Navigators. And dummy believed him. Ironic, his hatred of psykers caused him to become the very source of his hatred.

So was Leman Russ, but it didn't stop him from using a (probably psychic) howl that could disrupt even Astartes...

Yes however he possibly wouldn't of considered it a psychic power, especially when it seems to be an anti psychic power, in the same way that he didn't consider rune priests as proper psykers.

That's true, he did have a psychic halo. But the halo only made an appearance at Istvaan V. He didn't always have it. His skin(or tattoos) was literally golden.

In the case of Leman Russ, not all warp users have to be psychic but all psykers are warp users. The problem is, warp users that aren't psykers usually tend to be sorcerers...

Archived