psychic primarchs

All Primarchs have a bit of warp in them, that's how they were created, it really depends on how the warp power develops, which I'm guessing has a lot to do with it's interaction with the genetics the Emperor engineered the Primarchs with. In Leman Russ's case, the Canis Helix taken from Wolves (which Corax finds during Deliverance Lost) seems to of received some attention from the warp energy and developed into what was seen on Prospero.

Fulgrim: So far, we have seen sorcery from this guy. Somewhere, there is psychic potential,

after all he did throw a daemon out of his own body.

okay, so after Angel Exterminatus and arguably the Reflection Crack'd

we know he came to a compromise with the daemon. he's trying to ascend to daemonhood because the taint of the daemon has ruined his humanity forever. but also, in Exterminatus, when baby Fulgrim is discovered by the Chemosians, he is already said to have some sort of manipulative influence on his discoverers, causing two to kill the other. Maybe his beauty is a sign that he was marked for Slaanesh from the start, when the primarchs were scattered.

... opinions?

Fulgrim: So far, we have seen sorcery from this guy. Somewhere, there is psychic potential,

after all he did throw a daemon out of his own body.

okay, so after Angel Exterminatus and arguably the Reflection Crack'd

we know he came to a compromise with the daemon. he's trying to ascend to daemonhood because the taint of the daemon has ruined his humanity forever. but also, in Exterminatus, when baby Fulgrim is discovered by the Chemosians, he is already said to have some sort of manipulative influence on his discoverers, causing two to kill the other. Maybe his beauty is a sign that he was marked for Slaanesh from the start, when the primarchs were scattered.

... opinions?

Mortarion is stated to melt into the shadows and be seen only when he wants to in flight of the eisenstein

in betrayal he teleports around

Rogal Dorn can instantly spot a structural flaw in a fortification.... not sure if it is a psyker thing or just due to how awesome his primarch DNA has made his sight.

I would Imagine his ability to build great fortifications comes from the fact inwit was covered in hives. He probably like most of the other primarchs made his world a better place and you gotta be the mac daddy bob the builder type to fix a hiveworld! Isn't it also speculated that he built Phalanx?

There's apparently two suggestions, one that it was built in the dark age of technology, the second Dorn built it according to the lightning tower. I have to say with Garro's audio drama when he goes aboard, I could very well believe Dorn built it and knew everything that happened aboard it.

And Peterabo wondered why Dorn got Picked to duild up the palace :P nothing like having a son who brings his own deathstar home :P

but I digress. Being able to see things at a molecular level with the naked eye has to be some sort of psyker ability.

I think every primarch is psychic to a greater or lesser extent. Several don't appear to make any overt use of their powers - Guilliman, Dorn, even Angron, etc, and there is no doubt a range of strengths amongst them, but at a minimum I'd say they all have pretty strong defensive psychic powers, as in their ability to deflect/resist psychic powers aimed at them. Given their nature as psychic/physical constructs, it's not clear either what portion of their awesome physical capabilities are due to biomancy as opposed to gene-wrought physicality either. Even before he became a daemon-prince, Angron would charge into significant bolter fire, in armour that left plenty of skin exposed, and not take a scratch - some form of psychic shield or deflector, potentially unconscious on Angron's part?

Obviously the traitors have their powers changed by Chaos - Angron would lose any powers I'd think, others became sorcerers/daemons with different powers.

fulgrim was part of it to and i thought the emperor gifted the phalanx to dorn

Actually, Dorn already had Phalanx by the time the Emperor found him. Whether or not he was responsible for it's construction is another matter, however.

I think every primarch is psychic to a greater or lesser extent. Several don't appear to make any overt use of their powers - Guilliman, Dorn, even Angron, etc, and there is no doubt a range of strengths amongst them, but at a minimum I'd say they all have pretty strong defensive psychic powers, as in their ability to deflect/resist psychic powers aimed at them. Given their nature as psychic/physical constructs, it's not clear either what portion of their awesome physical capabilities are due to biomancy as opposed to gene-wrought physicality either. Even before he became a daemon-prince, Angron would charge into significant bolter fire, in armour that left plenty of skin exposed, and not take a scratch - some form of psychic shield or deflector, potentially unconscious on Angron's part?

Obviously the traitors have their powers changed by Chaos - Angron would lose any powers I'd think, others became sorcerers/daemons with different powers.

In Butcher's Nails it mentions that Angron has had his face ripped off multiple times in battle, so I'd guess no go on the psychic repel. Just a tough SOB. And @Kol_Saresk, I'd imagine Primarchs survive injuries that kill Astartes pretty easily.

In Butcher's Nails it mentions that Angron has had his face ripped off multiple times in battle, so I'd guess no go on the psychic repel. Just a tough SOB. And @Kol_Saresk, I'd imagine Primarchs survive injuries that kill Astartes pretty easily.

Yeah, I can understand that, but this was a wall that took a literal mountain of dead to climb. And he was buried under all of it! Not only that, but he threw it all off of himself and then proceeded to kill like thirty people. That's a little much.

*Note, there might be some exaggeration, I haven't looked at the scene since the last time I read Horus Rising, but it's right around where they were taking on the Technocracy.

Archived