psychic primarchs

That's because Angron's got ---- to do. Maybe a layabout like Gulliman or Dorn would just let a mountain falling on them cramp their style, but Angron's got cowards and fools to dismember. The point is that the primarchs pretty much are Supermen, it comes standard. Now you can argue degree all you want but it's like arguing how many angels you can fit on the head of a pin, it's pointless because it's all made up anyway, as a rule of thumb primarchs can pull off all kinds of horrendously unrealistic things, it's just that they mostly do so by virtue of their physicality, except the ones that do it with psychic powers, which are the psykers. The ones that just stab things really hard and take stabs aren't, they are just primarchs. There are plenty of over the top characters in the setting that aren't psykers, it's not a necessary thing to be ridiculously powerful and the arguement that "X is really good at Y therefore X is a psyker" is silly unless Y happens to be "using psychic powers". Words have meaning for a reason.

Sincerely it's impossible, even with every biological achievement, to surpass some limit to the organic matter.

Even with supehuman training and body, no one not even a Primarch can survive after a huge lot of critical wounds... without a psychic power keeping the internal organ safe.

Example for me Angron... even the better armor cannot save the soldier inside from a crush damage

Another example is Guilliman going outside in the void without a complete closed suit. He can keep the breath, but the internal pressure is the real problem.

The Primarchs were made from a common project, so it's acceptable they will have similar characteristics and one of those are latent or conscious psychic powers... many times we read they were made from the DNA pattern of the Emperor himself and if the Emperor is a psyker it's believable that his lesser copies will have the most important characteristic.

I'm not sure everyone is familiar with the anime Saint Seya (or Dragon Ball)... in that anime a warrior starts destroying stones with his fists... after he destroys mountains and even planets... he cannot accomplish that only with hard training and biological enhacement... he used his mind power against the target and the hands are used like a magical foci for his power.

actualy, they use cosmo (Saint Seiya), or ki, or whatever, which isn't psychic power, but what has been called "the god particle" (physics), or "the lifestream" (Final Fantasy), "hado" (Street Fighter) etc etc etc. the one thing that connects all of creation.

the mind power is only used to push themselves far enough, to make sure they don't give up. perseverance. is perseverance a psychic power, or something everyone is capable of? Is perseverance fueled by the warp, or by ourselves, our friends, family, and even enemies?

Out of curiosity, where was Gulliman's power?

In Know No Fear, when the techno chaos virus(?) flooded the systems, Guilliman and other librarians felt the disturbance in the warp. Guilliman even forgot something which probably never happened before. That makes him psyk sensitive.

*snip

I think Karkass meant by mind power was Qi(pronounced "chi"), not psychic powers. Essentially force of will projected through the body using "god particles".

Billuriye, thanks. I completely forgot about that scene. Now I can add it to my list!

and I explained why his examples were bad ones.

Actually didn't say he was wrong. Here's a way to put both views into 40k perspective. An extremely powerful psyker could in theory, lift up a Land Raider with his mind. That is the Qi. Now, let's say his limit is he can only hold it up for five minutes. Perseverance would be when he not only decides to hold it for five minutes, but at the end of the five minutes, he tosses it to kingdom come. Perseverance is not the energy being used, it's the will to continue using the energy while Qi is the energy.

So to answer your hypothetical question of "is perserverance fueled by the warp?" The answer is no. Because perserverance is the choice to not give up, as you said. However, it is not the power. The "mind power" simply broadens the potential. Perseverance is the choice to actually reach the potential.

ki comes from within, and can be strenghtened by drawing upon the surroundings. to put it in 40k perspective, it's more comparable to faith (like the Space Wolves Talismanic Tattoos and Runes, or the Sisters of Battle) for psychic powers (and sorcery) the energy used to do the feats comes from an alternate universe completely made up of energy. not from within. the only thing that comes from within is the ability to tap into that universe.

perseverance is what enables the users of psychic powers to retain control over the energy they syphon (hence the Ld test)

Archived