++Marines Malevolent/Knights Vermilion++UPDATE: Ironclad

Monstra Sumus

++UPDATE++

The tank is coming as expected, slowly. Just waiting on the turret and dozer blades before I begin doing any more work on it. Then once that's done, my ETL vow is complete.

So for now, I put together Master Tiberius.

gallery_41766_3028_46049.jpg

gallery_41766_3028_7404.jpg

gallery_41766_3028_6396.jpg

I've refined my Knights Vermilion list a bit and keep them as a 500 point assault based ally force for smaller games.

HQ - Basic Chaplain with Command Squad (5 x Power Sword/Storm Shield)

TR - 5 Marines with CCW, Bolter and Bolt Pistol, 1 Flamer.

FA - 3 Bikers with 2 Grav, 1 Combi Grav.

Cheers,

BT

Tiberius looks great! Love the helmet thumbsup.gif

Thanks Leviathus!

outstanding kitbash piece!

Cheers Aquilla!

Looks Good BT. for some reason I'm not liking the helm.I have a few of them myself it would seem to fit a Marine Malevolent than a Knight Vermillion.

Thanks Sarge! I know it'd fit better on a Malevolent with the way I've been doing them but I thought it was nice and imposing for a Chaplain of a rage filled space vampire Chapter.

++UPDATE++

Picked up my second Siege Mantlet Squad, I've got them primed and ready for paint after I finish the Land Raider (still waiting on parts), got their shields primed too. Also gave my Las Devs a Bolter Sergeant and prepped them for painting too.

gallery_41766_10176_40984.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_50702.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_67247.jpg

Cheers,

BT

My Bad I did not see that he is a ChaplainwhistlingW.gif . I'll do penance later.whistlingW.gif

Haha, no worries Sarge. I needed a cheap HQ!

Small update on the ETL. Got the Melta turret in, the dozer blades should arrive tomorrow.

gallery_41766_10176_57749.jpg

The issue I have no is the right hand Raider's sponson weapons are on the rear doors. I'm considering prying them off gently and switching them around.

Cheers,

BT

More work on Land Raiders. With the upcoming Codex and how it works in conjunction with my SAV, I've been contemplating a ride for my Siege Master and command squad. I really don't want to drop £60 + shipping on a Prometheus from Forgeworld so I figured I'd try my hand at building a Quad Heavy Bolter sponson. What do you reckon?

gallery_41766_10176_361452.png

If it works, I'll pick up the bits to make a second one and a used Raider from eBay.

Cheers,

BT

I like it, personally.  An interesting divergence from the staggered top/bottom layout of the forgeworld sponson.   

Can we get a rear shot of the sponson and a rundown on the parts used?    Also, how are you going to convert the battle auspex/sensor suite? 

Also, I might have to steal this idea, if you don't mind-- I love the prometheus, but the forgeworld kit is expensive. 

I like it, personally. An interesting divergence from the staggered top/bottom layout of the forgeworld sponson.

Can we get a rear shot of the sponson and a rundown on the parts used? Also, how are you going to convert the battle auspex/sensor suite?

Also, I might have to steal this idea, if you don't mind-- I love the prometheus, but the forgeworld kit is expensive.

gallery_41766_10176_334645.png

The staggered version is good but I as always, I can't help but add some flare to my stuff. The idea I had is more automated defense turrets that independently track non friendly signatures while the commander grinds his way over wreckage left by the initial spearhead.

The parts used.

Crusader/Redeemer Sponson housing and mount.

Centurion Heavy Bolters.

Drop Pod Eagle Plate.

Vehicle Missile Launcher Cable Block (I think?).

The Rear of Storm Talon Heavy Bolters.

I'm gonna try and make a sensor array that isn't fixed but rotates in the front mount much like the Heavy Bolter/Assault Cannon would on a normal Raider chassis. I'm thinking of something like the Helios uses but I think that part will be incredibly difficult to source. So I can try and knock something together.

gallery_41766_10176_22967.png

Cheers,

BT

Having had a look around I reckon the only thing I can really do is pick up the Grey Knight psycannon upgrade set and cut off the barrels on the front and replace them with sensor looking bits. 

Any ideas people? 

I'll give this some thought and get back to you. I'm sure I can come up with something. 

Brother I have returned!

This thread has a conversion using a HB sponson armor piece, plasticard and LED lights to represent the sensor.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/145792-singing-and-dancing-land-raider/

I'm sure that, instead of LEDs, you could just use whatever spotlight/lens bits you have lying around.  

Love the concept and LR split dozer blade! I've always imagined what that would look like in reality, but in practice I've been too intimidated to try. That Quad HB looks great, too. Thanks for the part list on this. msn-wink.gif

Brother I have returned!

This thread has a conversion using a HB sponson armor piece, plasticard and LED lights to represent the sensor.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/145792-singing-and-dancing-land-raider/

I'm sure that, instead of LEDs, you could just use whatever spotlight/lens bits you have lying around.

You absolute legend. I ordered a razor back turret on a whim to see what I could do with it. I'll knock something together. I've never used plasticard or leds but I'm sure I can figure something out. I'm also considering having a forgeworld Comms Marine sticking up out of the rear hatch where the Storm Bolter will be to show it's a command tank.

Bad-asss kit bash!!!!!!

Thanks Sarge! I'm glad it works. This saves me a lot of money.

Looks Like we are in a battle now, black and yellow marines, battle damaged and endless conversions....you sir are challenged lol

Great land raider bro

War? WAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!

Thanks fella, I reckon our forces are gonna look damn sweet when finished (hah, that's never gonna happen for me).

Love the concept and LR split dozer blade! I've always imagined what that would look like in reality, but in practice I've been too intimidated to try. That Quad HB looks great, too. Thanks for the part list on this. msn-wink.gif

Thanks Vel'Cona, it's really simple and easy to do and it looks mean as hell. The Heavy Bolters were fun to bash together, I'll just need to pick up a cheap Raider off eBay and some more bits and I have a Prometheus without paying half my soul to Forgeworld.

Well this tank is taking an absolute age to complete. So many little issues kept cropping up but now it has a nice neat paint job, applied mud and additions completed and begun. Once all of it is painted to a point I'm happy with, I'll apply decals and then weather and wash.

Here's the progress shot of "Sovereigns Fall", one of the 3rd Companies Dedicated AIFV.

gallery_41766_10176_43394.jpg

Here is the "Sovereigns Fall" and the "Defiance of Helican" AIFV's.

gallery_41766_10176_924.jpg

ETL Vow is coming along, should only be a few more days worth of painting.

Cheers,

BT

Archived