++Marines Malevolent/Knights Vermilion++UPDATE: Ironclad

Monstra Sumus

Cool apothecary, but the typhon really steals the show!

It Will look awesome in black and yellow!

Thank you for the kind words! It'll look stellar next to my Fellblade.

The butcher is looking to be a great addition!

I'd make damn sure to fight even harder when grievously wounded knowing that he was around. Quite the motivating factor among the ranks when you've got a skull painted helm and a nickname to match a grisly visage. msn-wink.gif

Thank you Hush! That's the idea behind him, he's not exactly....sterile, nor does he have a light touch when it comes to triage on the battlefield. The idea of fluff for him is that during a particularly nasty protracted siege he spent more time amputating mangled limbs and putting people out of their misery than actually helping people and after several straight weeks it took its toll on him. The running joke among the Brothers of the 3rd is that even if you get a paper cut, don't go and see Sulla, he'll cut it off.

Those tanks are beast. Liked the beakies, especially the one with the teeth.

Thank you Radiation! I do love my all Beaky squad. I'm going to be building some Sternguard at some point, with all accessories. Pistols, knives, grenades and ammo pouches, each one bearing the sharks teeth on their helms.

+SMALL UPDATE+

Reinforcements inbound.

I have no excuse not to paint now. We have 3 Bikers, 10 Assault Terminators, 2 Drop Pods, the rest of the Command Squad, a Vindicator and the Typhon.

gallery_41766_10176_64374.jpg

Cheers,

BT

• 1 month later...

Having taken a little break on the painting front (lots of big boy decisions have been made, one of which is moving out to California in the coming year/two years) I'm back on the wagon with a steady approach. I didn't get many WIP snaps because my PC blew up and I had to replace the whole damn thing so that was hundreds of pounds out of my savings I wasn't expecting. Here I present the completed Command Squad that follows the Captain, soon to be Siege Master, into battle.

gallery_41766_10176_687.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_24958.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_52080.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_42978.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_15411.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_25307.jpg

Command Squad Sulla is complete. I can take more pictures of any individual model on request.

I've played a few games this month and I've come to a conclusion. I like trench warfare. Objective taking/holding and big guns are my forte so in the spirit of that, my 3rd Crusade Company is taking a slightly different approach and is becoming a Siege Assault Vanguard list. I've got 20 shields on order and an 800 point force ready to rock. This log will focus on finishing off that before anything else as I am eager to play with it. I have a doubles tournament coming up soon, paired with tank heavy Imperial Guard and I want to be ready for that.

As always, thank you for looking,

BT

Thankyou Pearson!

I figure being on Crusade they would've passed by multiple forgeworlds where the weapons and plasma canisters would have been constructed to different specifications. Plus I wanted something unique for the squad. 

Thank you Aquila, see above post for my weak reasons tongue.png

Whoops, didn't quite see that! Lol laugh.png

now that i think about it, that ain't a half bad idea, i may need to 'borrow' it. tongue.png

Orange has always been a color i liked on power weapons....

So I picked up a bunch of Chaos stuff from one of my brothers who no longer plays and it was in danger of becoming scenery because it was in such bad condition. Having no Chaos bits hanging around to repair they sat in a box until the day I decided to wreck them. Then it occurred to me, I had lots of Imperial bits, especially tank bits. So tonight I made 5 tank variants for a grand total of £0, not counting the predator turret I picked up on eBay. Below is a standard Land Raider, a rhino chassis that is interchangeable between a Rhino, a Lascannon/Plasma Gun Razorback and my take on a Malevolent Damocles Command Rhino. There is also the turret-less Predator.

gallery_41766_10176_59370.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_49051.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_25376.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_31746.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_33937.jpg

Not bad for a evening of mad science. Also, all the areas missing primer have been scraped back to an even surface, it's where icons and spikey bits and other nefarious symbols were so there's no garish bumps even if it looks like a hack job.

Cheers,

BT

The first lot of Siege Mantle's showed up today, here are a few mock ups of what they'll look like on the miniatures. I'm open to suggestion on the powerfist/shield combo as I'm not convinced it looks too good tac'd to his fist like that. The idea I've got behind them is they are mag locked so they can be slammed anywhere to provide easy access to weapon systems.

gallery_41766_10176_29249.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_59960.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_60501.jpg

What do you guys think?

Cheers,

BT

Nice save on the Tanks. Mag locked sounds fair to me.

Thanks Sarge, it was a labour of love but it was worth it.

I second DeathSpectre. maglocked is the way to go.

Thanks Aquila, I'll go with maglocked.

So, had a bout of 'the hobby' and finished up my Siege Objective. The idea is for the Siege Army to find their missing brothers and either save their lives or stop the geneseed from falling into enemy hands. A fitting objective for the Marines Malevolent I think.

gallery_41766_10176_73871.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_35852.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_28477.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_19695.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_59654.jpg

What do you guys think?

Cheers,

BT

A little bit of Battle damage would look the part.

Love the objective, I second the battle damage on the mantlet.

Put a little bit of damage on the shield, looking better?

gallery_41766_10176_34724.jpg

Also, threw together a second sergeant for my Siege Marines.

gallery_41766_10176_9957.jpg

Cheers,

BT

Done the first four shields, this will be the standard for the rest of the force. I like to think they convey the sense the 3rd have been involved in the siege of a city for months. There's rust, verdigris on the bronze parts and general grime among the bullet impacts.

gallery_41766_10176_9638.jpg

gallery_41766_10176_14481.jpg

Look the part?

Cheers,

BT

Archived