WIP thread - 711th CCAB (Chocochip Rats)

elmo

There has been a sudden burst of votes and with it a change of leader... Veterans are now edging ahead with 2 days voting to go :)

0 votes -  More grunts

1 vote - 6 HW Teams 

0 votes -  Chimera

0 votes -  Wyvern/Hydra 

0 votes -  Medusa

5 votes -  Veterans

1 vote -  LR Demolisher/Punisher/Executioner

4 votes -  Snipers

Moving into the final hours of voting and the Snipers and Veterans are neck and neck (no thanks to some sneaky double voting going on ;) )

0 votes -  More grunts

1 votes - 6 HW Teams (Scatmandoo)

0 votes -  Chimera

0 votes -  Wyvern/Hydra 

0 votes -  Medusa

6 votes -  Veterans (Scatmandoo, Reyner, CoffeeGrunt, captain sox, Vash, WarriorFish)

1 vote -  LR Demolisher/Punisher/Executioner (ArcticPaladin)

6 votes -  Snipers (Shinn, Idlem, Vash, WarriorFish, Bonzi, Kierdale)

Voting closes at midnight tonight and whichever unit has the most votes will be painted up prior to "Big Guns".

There will not be any veteran snipers as they will end up with scion hotshot lasguns, some special weapons and SAS brown Berets and I am saving my sniper bits to make a unit of counts as (tall) ratlings. ;)

Voting closes at midnight tonight and whichever unit has the most votes will be painted up prior to "Big Guns".

There will not be any veteran snipers as they will end up with scion hotshot lasguns, some special weapons and SAS brown Berets and I am saving my sniper bits to make a unit of counts as (tall) ratlings. :wink:

Now that sounds snazzy!

I could recommend to cut off the extended barrel on the hot shot lasgun. It will then be pretty much the same size as a standard Cadian Lasgun. 

0 votes -  More grunts

1 votes - 6 HW Teams (Scatmandoo)

0 votes -  Chimera

0 votes -  Wyvern/Hydra 

0 votes -  Medusa

7 votes -  Veterans (Scatmandoo, Reyner, CoffeeGrunt, captain sox, Vash, WarriorFish, Pigshead)

1 vote -  LR Demolisher/Punisher/Executioner (ArcticPaladin)

6 votes -  Snipers (Shinn, Idlem, Vash, WarriorFish, Bonzi, Kierdale)

So the veterans have won and I will be starting them tonight. Thanks for voting :)

Yay! Looking forward to seeing these.

Well work has already started... Painting up with my usual technique of modular painting, the torsos and legs are glued together and I have started to slap paint on them. Once done I will move onto the arms, heads etc :smile.:

Just done a bits check and with the addition of the Gue'vesa I have 60 more guardsmen to paint up as a mixture of HWT, Infantry platoon and some snipers.

So much still to do on these....

Edited by Elmo9141

Here you go Vash ;)

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/339/3/6/wip___imperial_guard_veterans_by_elmo9141-d88r6ml.jpg

And I have been working on a Commissar as well. Still a couple of days to go before he will be ready.

http://th02.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/f/2014/339/5/6/wip___commissar_by_elmo9141-d88r7a1.jpg