WIP thread - 711th CCAB (Chocochip Rats)

elmo

• 1 month later...

Damn you Forgeworld with your new website layout and free shipping on orders over 100 quid!

You know I am weak...

COMMISSAR TANK COMMANDER

TITAN TECH PRIEST

VANQUISHER STYGIES VIII CONVERSION KIT

CADIAN COMMAND HQ SQUAD

CADIAN HOSTILE ENVIRONMENT TROOPS MELTA SQUAD

Plus a TAU DRONE SENTRY TURRET WITH MISSILES but don't tell the Lord Commissar....

Edited by elmo

Although I am away from my painting corner at the moment I have not let it keep me away from the hobby. Apart from ordering some FW goodies, I have received a donation of surplus HW sprues and now have a large number of ML, HB, LC, AC and mortars to add to the 711th. Only one problem though... no tripods :sad.:

Then I remembered that about 4 years ago I had a similar problem and managed to track down alternative tripods which where a perfect fit from Anvil Industry. Unfortunately they have been discontinued.

Being a true Commissar and not willing to take the word "discontinued" as being in any way or form a suitable answer for one of the Emperors servants, I emailed Anvil and after a nice conversation with Joel discovered that they had 13 of the tripods still in stock so I bought the lot.

Joel went on to tell me that the mould had worn but he may be looking at doing a new CAD design and may be producing some more in the future. If any members of the Guard are interested then by all means pm me and I will send on your info to Joel. You never know, if he gets enough interest he may speed the new design :wink:

I also went ahead and produced another 16 of these

gallery_62353_10059_39096.jpg

I also plan to make up the missing gun shields using plasticard so hopefully you will not be able to tell the difference.

Also bidding on eBay for a Valkyrie, 3 pyskers and a collection of figures including Creed so if anyone else is bidding on these then stop it now :biggrin.:

Things are looking good for the 711th :smile.:

Edited by elmo

So as promised in the Today's Duty thread, here are the WIP Ogryns. They need a little more detail, basing and weathering so should be ready by the end of next week.

gallery_62353_10396_12191.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_66348.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_20660.jpg

The FW world stuff had arrived by the time I arrived home and the plan is that this guy will become the Commander of the 711th CCAB

gallery_62353_10396_12400.jpg

The sensor array and operator will become the Master of Ordinance.

The Tank Commissar will slot into the new Vanquisher turret and the Titan Tech Priest will need some servitors.

gallery_62353_10396_23473.jpg

And the Hostile Environment troopers will be used as required even though it is tempting to use them as more Kasrkin

gallery_62353_10396_40506.jpg

Ogryns are now done. Finally the 293rd Abhuman Company is starting to fill out.

gallery_62353_10396_50917.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_78687.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_29541.jpg

I have also been hard at work on the Rough Riders and here is the current state of play with them.

gallery_62353_11005_126975.jpg

The bodies and arms are mainly from the tank commander sprues with various other pouches etc plus a couple of arms which used to hold mortar bombs which just happened to be the perfect length. :)

Not convinced about the skeleton on the front bike but I suppose it could be an Imperial Relic :biggrin.:

Wonderful work on the Ogryns :)

... but I'll reserve judgement on the bikes. You have managed a miracle with them so far (I can almost feel the pain you endured; cleaning those up :o ) but they still look strange because they are so shiny.

I really hope that the end result justifies the amount of effort you must have put into them (so far).

I plan to try out the paint scheme on a couple of bikers first before committing to the rest of them.

Hopefully it will match up with the image I have in my head.

I have played around with the Hunting lance using a SM knife, Ogyrn grenade and a SM dreadnought parchment cut down into a guidon although I may change it later for some stiffened paper. I also tried a melta bomb and a mortar shell as the tip of the lance but was not really happy with either.

Here is how it looks on a couple of models plus the Sgt with plasma pistol.

gallery_62353_11005_62591.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_30642.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_5612.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_15429.jpg

I think the length, looking at the last photo, is just about right.

I really need to sit down and finish some models rather than just glueing some more together... This is not the way to reduce the painting queue but it is certainly creative :)

Here are the 4 Astra Ministorum which I have put together using the Empire Flagellants kit and the best thing is that there are still many more which can be made from the contents of the box so you may see some more soon.

gallery_62353_11005_25932.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_33638.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_20206.jpg

gallery_62353_11005_7369.jpg

This one is my favourite :)

The plan is to do brown robes with the standard colour of equipment as the rest of my 711th to help to show they belong and also that they have been scavenging equipment from any surplus they have been able to find to continue the work of The Emperor!

• 2 weeks later...