WIP thread - 711th CCAB (Chocochip Rats)

elmo

• 1 month later...

Holy Emperor of Mankind.... Has it really been so long since I painted anything Guard related???

This must be remedied!

Starting this weekend with priming I will be painting up a couple of Rough Riders as a paint scheme tester. The plan is for a simple scheme of black/green bikes with the standard chocochip uniformed riders. Here's hoping it al works out :)

if it does then more will follow and just to remind you what I will be using for Rough Riders...

gallery_62353_11005_15429.jpg

Had a good look at all of this, start to finish.

Very nice. I love the choc chip cammo. I think the scheme with the green vests and pass is quality. Reminds me of the 1/72 troops I've done for Force on force - Somalia 1993

http://i1268.photobucket.com/albums/jj567/Joel1985A/167739D4-80C0-4574-A86F-F1F39DB41ED4.jpg

I also like the tanks paint jobs.

Very nice force, from start to finish.

As if rough riders couldn't be any cooler, you had to go and out them on dirt bikes.

I do have a gripe though and I'm sure it's near unavoidable. They're carrying their weapoms with their throttle hands and it's driving me insane lol.

Except the plasma guy... he is doing it right :devil:

Unfortunately you will have to be insane as I am limited to which arms I can use 

Treat them as "Future" ambidextrous bikes and it may make you feel better :tongue.:

The plan is to add more equipment as time progresses and I find it so bear with me on this.

As if rough riders couldn't be any cooler, you had to go and out them on dirt bikes.

I do have a gripe though and I'm sure it's near unavoidable. They're carrying their weapoms with their throttle hands and it's driving me insane lol.

Except the plasma guy... he is doing it right :devil:

Unfortunately you will have to be insane as I am limited to which arms I can use 

Treat them as "Future" ambidextrous bikes and it may make you feel better :P

The plan is to add more equipment as time progresses and I find it so bear with me on this.

This sounds solid. They're now ambidextrous bikes.

• 2 weeks later...

I am calling the Rough Riders completed for now (until I get some more baggage for them). Still another 9 to do including the special weapons.

gallery_62353_10396_142596.jpg

After 2 years of having these scenery bases on my painting table I finally got around to finishing them off. FW leftover casts, bits of wire and Tamiya signpost set with motivational posters :)

gallery_62353_10396_158034.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_156505.jpg

gallery_62353_10396_129988.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Kier :)

New Year, New Models...

Next up will be an infantry squad with a Chimera for the Assault on Lutum campaign.

Work will begin on Monday with the models being built/magnetised then sprayed on the weekend followed by chocochip on the squad and desert stripes on the Chimera the week after so planning to be complete in 2 to 3 weeks for detailing/weathering :)

Here are the projects on the go in the painting corner at the moment....

Assault on Lutum

1 x 10 man squad (not shown)

1 Chimera (plus bonus Chimera)

gallery_62353_11005_7039.jpg

Up and coming

711th Battalion command group

gallery_62353_11005_69861.jpg

The figures are not modelled for gaming but for display ;)

Special weapons squad

gallery_62353_11005_58388.jpg

Techpriest

gallery_62353_11005_76342.jpg

Vanquisher turret (as an alternate for one of my Russes)

gallery_62353_11005_68689.jpg

I am hoping to have all these and more done by the end of March and have more prepared ready for the ETL.

Stay tuned for updates :)

There are slight differences in the head position and helmet optics but not up to the usual FW standard. I have used different leg positions but that is also limited by the torso pose :(

It has been a poor week for motivation due to a stressful work situation at the moment so I did not get the squad completed as I had hoped but there are still 2 weeks to go :)

Here is the current state

Most of the infantry are done less a couple of arms and equipment

gallery_62353_11005_74125.jpg

And I managed to paint up the 2 Chimera commanders and an extra one for the Vanquisher turret at the same time

gallery_62353_11005_7751.jpg

Need to keep at it next week to get over the painting mountain I have ahead of me...