Shrineworld Garrison (what’s still legal??)

Kierdale

You mean to say you would turn your guns on the servants of the Emperor Vash? In that case you need not worry, for His wrath will ensure you get no such chance ;)

Oh I spoke out loud...

The secrets of the radical Xeno inquisition (who leads my guard) must not be known...

"We come in peace..."

Thanks!

The plasma probably looks better in the photos than in real life. I may go back and try to add more white to certain areas of the coils to make it look like a pulse travelling along the weapon. Depends on whether I I have time.

And should anyone find themselves in Tokyo, with their army, I'll try to find time for a game. What with the abhumans on Kiedale's World I'm sure we can find reasons for an Imperial-on-Imperial battle. Disagreement over Cult rhetoric, etc :)

Mehman challenged me in Augustus' event to make and paint an enginseer, so I got to it...

`he` is still under construction, but the electronics work!

med_gallery_63428_8145_50018.jpgmed_gallery_63428_8145_72700.jpg

I didn't go with red as his robe will be red (albeit very dark red) nor green (too Necron).

Or does anyone think I really, really should go with one of those colours?

I rather like this bright amber LED I have...

This made my jaw drop. No, I actually laughed and said I'm a horrible coach because this is too cool! I would stay with amber as I think it would contrast well with a dark red. Blue, as the Lord Commissar has mentioned, would be good, also, but, I feel, amber isn't seen enough.

Thanks all!

Amber the LED shall remain, then.

Mehman asked about colours in the other thread so I may as well repost it here too:

His robes will be a dark crimson. I have the old dark red (Mechrite red? I think the new version is Mephiston red) which I'll be shading with Nuln Oil and Carroburg Crimson, highlighting with Evil Sunz scarlet and washed again with Carroburg to keep it dark. Maybe a last wash of Agrax Earthshade too as he's far from the cleanest, most well-maintained of cybernetic gents.

His face will be halves (his) right side black, left side white-cream, with the robe trim the opposite, as per the Ad Mech symbol. The bolts in the trim will be brass with a hint of Nihilak Oxide.

I got to work on his arms too last night.

One big servo arm coming out from under his robes on the left, the ubiquitous chain-bayonet as his left hand and his right -the form of which I'm not yet decided on (probably a skeleton hand done metallic) - holding his power axe...which I have to cut cog-teeth into.

...I've got nothing to say. Well, I have plenty to say but I'm at a loss as how to get them out of my head and onto the computer keyboard. That axe! Those squigglies!

My coaching approach seems to be working: saying nothing and hoping for the best :laugh.:!

• 2 weeks later...

WIP on my two Primaris Psykers for the forum challenge:

A lot still to do. The left arm of the first and the right arm of the second are just Blu-Tac'ed on here.

The staff decorations were just added today.

med_gallery_63428_8145_45188.jpgmed_gallery_63428_8145_101087.jpg

And this one's cables will be cut shorter and put down his back into his hood in the end.

med_gallery_63428_8145_55009.jpgmed_gallery_63428_8145_103173.jpg

And that brown `cloth` will be parchment.

And Enginseer progress...

gallery_63428_8145_38028.jpggallery_63428_8145_24193.jpggallery_63428_8145_16731.jpg

And...

gallery_63428_8145_30096.jpg

One question: what colour(s) to do the cables (e.g. the one from up inside him to the servo arm)?