Avoghai's 5th company and support Update : ETL adds on

Master Avoghai

I have been thinking about mounting the plasma weapons like you have.  Good to see an example if it, and nicely done.  The remote turret idea is a good one too, though I was considering chopping the cupola area completely off and re-mounting it at the front center of vehicle.  That would be more work, but I think it would look better than the standard off-set postion.

I have been thinking about mounting the plasma weapons like you have.  Good to see an example if it, and nicely done.  The remote turret idea is a good one too, though I was considering chopping the cupola are completely off and re-mounting at the front center of vehicle.  That would be more work, but I think it would look good.

That was actually the first idea. I've bought a normal LS top armour in order to cut the vengeance front and replace it. But then I've noticed that both are very different in form and that the top part (next to the hood)is very difficult to remove. That's why I've eventually. Chosen this option.

A good solution could be to remove only the superior cupola part so that the cannon is lowered down. It would be a more aerodynamic style.

Excellent work as ever. The small changes look good a make the model a bit more your own. I especially like the detail in the individual windows.

• 2 months later...

Your ETL additions are stunning brother thumbsup.gif Am I right in thinking that you highlight the black armour of your First and Second Companies differently? Blue highlights for the RW and grey for the DW?

The new sergeants are cool too, particularly the middle one with the chainsword. Are you counting the wrist mounted infernus pistol on the third srg as a combi-melta?

... and all with banners coming too ... what's not to like :tu:.

Cheers

I

Yeah now they make nice plastic ones I try to use them as much as possible

Your ETL additions are stunning brother :tu: Am I right in thinking that you highlight the black armour of your First and Second Companies differently? Blue highlights for the RW and grey for the DW?

Yup I'm loving the " nightlight reflect" for the RW... More raven look to me

The new sergeants are cool too, particularly the middle one with the chainsword. Are you counting the wrist mounted infernus pistol on the third srg as a combi-melta?

Exactly

• 1 month later...

Poding time!

I have a battle tomorrow against filthy tau (but apart from the riptide, they don't have intercepting units), hence I decided to use a full poded list...

Since I was tired to transport the pod, I've invested in some feldherr foam trays : 2x100mm and 2x60mm.

Here you see the bottom with the pod inside and on theleft, the top part

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Dark%20angels/84B0D0EA-4511-4F91-8E91-B39FCC66160D.jpg

Lateral view with the top

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Dark%20angels/CA1AFFC2-72D4-4FE0-9311-68F29FECD3B2.jpg

Global view of the ten pod in place :

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Dark%20angels/8DF00B00-1D02-42E0-93AE-BF8577BD98DF.jpg

Once the rest of the company is upside:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Dark%20angels/6D3348C0-70AF-4EE1-A7CE-865D723492AA.jpg

I'm very happy with this organization because it allows me to transport the entire 5th company with HQ and pods in the same case. :tu:

• 1 month later...

Guys there some things happening in your life that makes you feel that you are personally under the Emperor's protection...

I was returning from my wedding in Brazil when I received an emergency call from work.

My car (which is both personnal and professional) had been found burnt last Friday.

Rapidly, my mind started to realize that I've left my minis inside after my last game... My whole 5th company (200 models) + my 1st company...

I let you imagine the states of mind I have passed through...

A little bit of hope appeared though when I saw the police's pics of the scene. It seemed that the fire started at the front and that the firemen circumvented it rapidly... But we talk about plastic soldier in heat... Hence I didn't want to have false hopes.

After fulfilling the necessary administrative formalities I got access to my car and here's what I've found.

Fearfully, I tried to get access to the rear... I managed to pull off the first case, then the second...

And opened them...

THE MINIS WERE SAFE!!!!

The rear seats have plainfully played their protective role and luckily, even the freshly bought crusader has been safe.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/Masteravoghai/Miscelleanous/6FEB7395-53CF-4F65-95A4-0F56F7BF27DA.jpg

Now my 5th company will be known as "the fireproof". This honour will be represented on their company banner.

For the Lion! Forged in the fire of battle!

http://i39.servimg.com/u/f39/18/77/96/34/dark_a10.jpg

as for the guys who started the fire, they were clever enough to laugh at the firemen with their hands full of coil... The firemen noted their car's number and they got caught by police yesterday :wacko:

You should consider yourself blessed I think.

You should probably consider renaming your HQs fire-related names: Smoke Walker, Fire Angel, Kindled Spirit (sic), Dragon Breath etc etc.

:p

Cheers

I

Can't say I'm a fan of only one decision you've made across the collection and that was butchering seraphicus to make two seperate models, I sort of covet my seraphicus model and want him to remain the way he was intended. Beyond that the rest is breath taking and enjoy every minute.

Can't say I'm a fan of only one decision you've made across the collection and that was butchering seraphicus to make two seperate models, I sort of covet my seraphicus model and want him to remain the way he was intended. Beyond that the rest is breath taking and enjoy every minute.

Well it's not like I own 2 other models of Sepharicus ;)

Damn man, while it's great about your minis, that's definitely a miracle for you, really sorry to hear about your car. Very cool that your car protected your army though! Glad you and yours weren't involved in the situation (car wasn't on fire when anyone was in there) and that it sounds like they got the folks that did this. I second Isiah's idea on the names, and I think you should post them up here with pics for us to admire again. :yes:

Archived