lions roar... thoughts...

tomsev

so what do you think of it? i personnally love it!! ive been proxying it (if that word exists...) on my interrogator chaplain in tda with MoR... i know its an expensive build but man does it hurt... i like it so much im in the process of kitbashing/converting one... anyideas on how to do it?

You can't take both...

You can have one relic per model... which is why Lion Roar doesn't get used much, as an Interrogator Chappy is much happier in the front, where the MoR or MSoC (Also really under-rated) is better.

I've been giving the Lion's Roar to my Grand Master of my Successor chapter, but he only gets run when I don't run Azrael.

where does it say that one can only take one relic per model???

i know you can only take each relic once but id never heard that... 

also how can the 45pts powersword/in its best day relic blade be even consided when for 15pts less you an get a s7 ap3 blinding, commotion power mace...

I'm not sure he can take both now. The only issue is he would only have the lions roar and mace of redemption. No bolt pistol.

Chapter Relics ............................................ ........ Page 67
Only one of each Relic may be taken per army.
A model can replace one weapon with one of the following.

i think this means he can take 1 for each weapon he has, or only 1 for 1 weapon.

th way i see it is: you may only have each relic once per army. he may swap 1 weapon for 1 relic, as he has 2 weapons he can swap both weapons for 2 different relics... 

I don't really see how that's vague. You replace one weapon with one relic. No where does it even really hint at only allowing one relic. It seems rather clear to me. I'm looking at the book right now. It says only one per army. I think if they intended it the way you say brother, they would have said only one per army and character.

It's not vague at all.  It doesn't say he may replace EACH weapon with a relic.  I don't know how it's possible to imagine any ambiguity in the word "one".  He may replace ONE weapon (with one of the following).

March old chap: it is vague, just like and/or is vague ;) . GWs permissive rule set is often ambiguous, depending on the readers pov.

Again I agree with your literal reading of the text, it's just that because I can swap 'one' doesn't necessarily preclude me swapping another 'one' in GeeDub English.

s

March old chap: it is vague, just like and/or is vague msn-wink.gif . GWs permissive rule set is often ambiguous, depending on the readers pov.

Again I agree with your literal reading of the text, it's just that because I can swap 'one' doesn't necessarily preclude me swapping another 'one' in GeeDub English.

s

Yes. It means one, as opposed to two. Or three. or "any," or "all." Only someone pretending to be dumb in the hopes of getting away with cheating would pretend to think that they said "one" to indicate that you're precluded from dropping as many weapons as you like when you take the relic.

And if you follow the general principle that what's written is only loosely related to what the author meant, you can change any rule you like to be whatever you want it to be (which you can anyway. It's called a house rule!)

This is in no way analogous to and/or! One means...one.

the increase in strength and instant death mean that if you cause a wound, that big, snarling gribbly is dead. Plus you get to strike at initiative.

yes it does that, but only on one d6 roll of 5-6, on a 1 its a normal power sword, and on a 2-4 its a power sword with +1s, for 45pts id rather have the MoR and save 15pts 

I haven't really used it yet. I'm still training myself to get used to having all these options after our previous codex, but every time I make a list I gloss right over the damn armoury stuff.

I haven't used the Lion's Roar yet, but I very much like the sound of it. Except for range, it's like having a heavy weapon on a character, which is virtually non-existent for marine characters. Great for a character accompanying a team in a drop pod.

When I model it, I plan to use the combi-plasma weapon that comes with the terminator librarian. It's bigger than most other combi-plasmas, and has that ammo belt hanging down from it. I just like the look of it a lot. I may add a little bling from either the DA or RW upgrade sprues, but otherwise I don't plan to do any fancy conversion for it. However, if I were to do something more involved, I'd probably start with a plastic boltgun from the DA upgrade sprues and a standard plastic plasma gun. Those plasma guns are big. Figure out how to splice the two together, probably with the plasma barrel sticking out farther than the bolter barrel, and I bet it would look pretty cool.

Only someone pretending to be dumb in the hopes of getting away with cheating....

This is the kind of bull:cuss that drives me crazy. Who do you think you are? The final arbiter of sense and logic? That anyone coming at an issue with a different interpretation is not only wrong, but disingenuous and a cheater? Get off your high horse, open your eyes, and realize that intelligent people can and do disagree with each other, genuinely, without sly goals and deception on either's part.

im ttrying to do one for a tda model so i dont mind if mine is big, so im using half a pintle storm bolter and a plasma gun then mounting that on to a powerfist... and a hand wielded one. but because its a blast weapon i thought it would be more realistic on a powerfist, as it would support the recoil, and better accuracy, than just hand wielding a hand cannon...

im ttrying to do one for a tda model so i dont mind if mine is big, so im using half a pintle storm bolter and a plasma gun then mounting that on to a powerfist... and a hand wielded one. but because its a blast weapon i thought it would be more realistic on a powerfist, as it would support the recoil, and better accuracy, than just hand wielding a hand cannon...

Oo. That sounds awesome.

Archived