Sentinels: 2024! Technically my first Intercessor...

This vehicle is a labour of love, man. It's going to look fantastic when it's completed.

I hope so! At the very least, I'll love it for being the first non-walker vehicle that I will have complete to my target standard. :wub:

Busy with a razorback of my own and its a lot more work than I was expecting to get it how i want it to look, yours should look great when done

Painting the interior has turned out to be much more work than I initially thought it would be. It's definitely something to keep in mind for my future vehicles. In fact, I can say I've definitely learned a lot from painting this Razorback.

this is really great stuff!!! love your models there, quick question what torso did you use on your honour guard they are sweet!

Did you have a particular torso in mind? Sanguinary Guard, Grey Knight, Sevrin Loth Honour Guard. And I think one is a slightly converted torso from the Black Templar upgrade set.

Thanks for the proprs, team!

And progress:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/penitent_tangent_19.jpg

The silver half of the side needs detailing, and then I need to partially assemble so I can paint on the white stripe. After that, I do it all again for the other side of the Razorback, and wait on my twin-linked lascannon turret.

• 2 weeks later...

And then, there were photos!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/penitent_tangent_20.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/penitent_tangent_21.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/penitent_tangent_22.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/penitent_tangent_23.jpg

I still need to clean up the script on one of the doors (it'll say 'Valour') and do the turret.

Really darn happy and proud with how Alaric's Zeal has ended up.

Comments? Critique?

EDIT: Updated links.

Edited by Disruptor_fe404

Only thing I can see that's even remotely off about the model is down by the front right wheel arch, the metal is a little light, could probably use a very thin coat to cover up the 'layer bleeding'. 

That said, this is a fantastic vehicle. It's very clean and well presented. I love the detail and the colour of your interior, simply because when I see it, I get flashes of cold hard scifi, anesthetic white plastic flooring covered in spent ammo and dried blood. 

Only thing I can see that's even remotely off about the model is down by the front right wheel arch, the metal is a little light, could probably use a very thin coat to cover up the 'layer bleeding'. 

is this what you mean?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/rback_fix.jpg

Because if it is, good spotting! It's not as noticeable in person (I didn't see it at all!), but I'll definitely fix it when I'm home tonight. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I've moved into my new place, pretty stoked at how awesome it is, and got myself a new desk; this means painting starts again soon!

But first, something a little different...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/Disruptor_fe404/40K%20WiPs/penitent_tangent_24.jpg

No, fear not, I'm not starting on a Chaos force (though the Dark Vengeance Chosen and Evil Craft's bitz and Subtle Discord's kits all combine to make it very, very tempting...). No, a friend of mine just asked me to fill in some gaps for him on the model (you'll notice he assembled the backpack skull-vents in the opposite direction form normal; I think it looks pretty aggressive and therefore boss), so I gave it a shot with my rudimentary sculpting skills. Was aiming for a sinewy exposed muscle look, which I think I accomplished.

Anyway, hopefully I'll start on painting soon. There's still lots to do around the house though.

Ooo...looking very interesting! Shame it's not the start of a pet project :wink: Nice GS work.

Razorback fully done yet?

Haha, one could argue that my Sentinels are already enough of a pet project!

Waiting on a (very busy) friend to drop off the Forge World turret I'm going to use for the Razorback. Painting that up shouldn't take very long once it gets to my desk.

In the meantime, I think I'll go back to tackling that Dreadnought from earlier. Or should I roll with the Chapter Banner bearer... Decisions...

You should buckle and get a knight. I want to see what you do with one.

Well, the twin mistresses of time and money don't play well with me these days (the former is giving me more of the cold shoulder than the latter).

Seriously though, if you and Arkhan had your way, I'd have an army of bikes and Knights.

Which wouldn't be a bad thing.

And would look pretty awesome.

Hmm...

What a cool image! A swarm of bikers jinking and weaving between the legs of the knights, launching hit and run attacks and circling around the lumbering beasts. Dude. Just… Dude. 

Maybe we should start a drive to raise money for you, because holy cow I want to see you do that. 

Edited by JeffTibbetts

• 2 months later...

Hey folks!

Just figured I'd check in now that I've gotten nice and comfortable in my apartment, and my Diablo III sabbatical is over (and my Transistor sabbatical is coming to a close). What a time to get back into it! ETL vows ending soon, new edition, huge backlog of alerts to get through... Plus big changes on my end, with one of my best mates moving to LA and leaving me the equipment he uses for... shall we say... replication purposes. Unfortunately, I have zero experience with that, and his compressor is LOUD. Like, "people-on-the-floors-above-and-below-me-might-panic"-loud. I'm still mulling over whether I want to spend the time to learn to do all that stuff (he has left me a whole lot of silicon moulds though, so at least I don't have to learn to make those yet).

Many apologies to all for lack of updates (and general absence), especially to Arkhan, since I sort of left him hanging by telling him I would have something he would really like on my WiP page soon and then promptly falling off the face of the planet (well, burning my way through hordes of demons, but I digress).

So! Uh... Updates this weekend most likely. :biggrin.:

Also, I'm kind of amused that Forge World hasn't really released all that much during my two month break.

Welcome back brother! About time ;)

...with one of my best mates moving to LA and leaving me the equipment he uses for... shall we say... replication purposes. Unfortunately, I have zero experience with that, and his compressor is LOUD. Like, "people-on-the-floors-above-and-below-me-might-panic"-loud. I'm still mulling over whether I want to spend the time to learn to do all that stuff (he has left me a whole lot of silicon moulds though, so at least I don't have to learn to make those yet).

Many apologies to all for lack of updates (and general absence), especially to Arkhan, since I sort of left him hanging by telling him I would have something he would really like on my WiP page soon and then promptly falling off the face of the planet (well, burning my way through hordes of demons, but I digress).

Replication material? Sounds dangerously close to heretical xenotic technology to me... ;)

Keen to see what you come up with, I've also had a little bit of a hiatus recently although nowhere near as long as yours seems to have been. Hope you enjoyed the time off!