++ From the Abyss - A Word Bearers Log ++

Thanks Forte. I'll try and see what I can do with that on my next model. Really appreciate the constructive criticism.

Would like to know what you all think of my Daemons idea.

Edited by noctus cornix

I could say "go for it", but that would be the truth...and as an Alpha Legion player I need to be enigmatic and cryptic!

"If the goose crosses the bath, go for the red oyster!"

That's not cryptic, that's my bathroom!

The Alpha Legion moves in mysterious ways... :)

I could say "go for it", but that would be the truth...and as an Alpha Legion player I need to be enigmatic and cryptic!

The Alpha Legion moves in mysterious ways... :smile.:

You don't know how to use the three seashells either, huh?

The Alpha Legion moves in mysterious ways... :smile.:

You don't know how to use the three seashells either, huh?

Of course I do... *cough* *cough*

...I, eerr, just choose not to reveal the secret to others...yes, that's what it is!

Why am I friends with you people....

Because normal people are boring.

I'm expecting one day to snap out of a psyche retardant drug coma and find all my brothers in the same psyche ward ;)

Myself, Heathens, noctus, Kol, Kage, wade, cormac etc.

Just all in white cells mumbling to ourselves about an imaginary world we created and destroyed by a thing called 6th edition

Noctus I like the idea but I've got one query...

Are there going to be those khorne hounds, I like the idea if using them like hunting dog packs tracking and leading the word bearers to the innocents

Now that you remind me, I DO still have those Chaos Warhounds sitting around... I could use those as Bloodhounds...

think think think.....

well I thought with your chaos knights (counts as bikes)

it would be terrifying to hear word bearers chanting whilst slowly marching on a city with the knights at the forefront with the hounds sniffing out the fleeing innocents.

and maybe GS some ragged bits of flesh hanging from there mouths.

a very dark image that I feel the ruined king would appreciate.

every now and then I can be serious.

Thanks Forte. I'll try and see what I can do with that on my next model. Really appreciate the constructive criticism.

Sorry for the slow response.

I like it. This is one of the things with Chaos. There are no real limits. Even in the original Realms of Chaos books there were rules to create lesser gods from Daemon Princes who were that powerful that they became God's themselves.

If you look at fantasy too, the gods have different names to different tribes. Much like modern day religion (sorry to bring it up) there is a huge variety of beliefs but essentially they all boil down to the same thing but envisioned by different people.

Basically...go for it :tu:

Sorry for the slow response.

I like it. This is one of the things with Chaos. There are no real limits. Even in the original Realms of Chaos books there were rules to create lesser gods from Daemon Princes who were that powerful that they became God's themselves.

If you look at fantasy too, the gods have different names to different tribes. Much like modern day religion (sorry to bring it up) there is a huge variety of beliefs but essentially they all boil down to the same thing but envisioned by different people.

Basically...go for it :thumbsup:

Some beliefs even go so far as to create a new religion, a "new god" to worship so to speak! And sometimes they even forget the old one, which could be one of the "gods" you're going with Noctus. :wink:

The student of religious history and psychology in me wants so badly to start that discussion right now :P But I wont =)

I agree that the fluff of chaos in general makes for easy Creation of your own dieties. Since DPs and greater deamons are somewhat godlike to humans, it is very easy to imagine them carving out small religious empires all over the universe, imo.

The student of religious history and psychology in me wants so badly to start that discussion right now :tongue.: But I wont =)

I agree that the fluff of chaos in general makes for easy Creation of your own dieties. Since DPs and greater deamons are somewhat godlike to humans, it is very easy to imagine them carving out small religious empires all over the universe, imo.

Oh anyone aware of "Christianity" in even the slightest degree could point that argument out just using the terms "Judeo-Christianity", "Christianity", "Catholicism" and "New Age Christianity". :tongue.:

So what exactly can we expect these "remnants of forgotten horrors and half-gorged nightmares" to look like?

Thanks mates. Well, the idea is that I plan to try and make a twisted turn on everything.

The most important aspect, even though the majority of my army is Khorne, the chief daemon is simply known as 'the Maw', a primordial daemon from long before the Hunger was given name and form of 'Slaanesh'. The original inspiration, as with many of my Daemon ideas comes from horror games and movies, most prominently Silent Hill. The image seen below is sort of the main basis for his design, along with a few other very classic christians arts of hircinous Satan. When I get the chance to buy one, I'll be using a Keeper of Secrets as the model's base. It just works so well and with some repositioning and green stuff, he'll be perfect.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/240/42944121lo7.png

It's difficult to say how I'm going to do everything, especially the Khorne daemons and Soul Grinders as this whole idea is still in the very very early process of conception but I'm going to work on it...

Could really use some help on this. How can I make sort of half-formed or primordial Khorne daemons?.. What themes or concepts would go with that?... I'm almost tempted by the idea of the 'Broken Sword', former proud and prestigious servants of the Blood God that fell from their grace in ancient times and have long since been forgotten. They are the forgotten warriors, the abandoned and betrayed. They were cast back into the ever lingering darkness, and in this, they found the Hungering shadow, the black plague that consumed the weak and forgotten.. And now they serve a new Lord.