++ From the Abyss - A Word Bearers Log ++

That could work, or perhaps they have more human/xenos/insert other fighting item here appearance, as they become who they are before Khorne really created Blood letters and other of his kind

That could work, or perhaps they have more human/xenos/insert other fighting item here appearance, as they become who they are before Khorne really created Blood letters and other of his kind

That would be cool, but I already have a big swath of Khorne daemons lying around... need to do something with them

Okay noctus this is the vision I'm having;

Bestial khornate Deamons; using blood letters and beastmen.

Removing/shaving off the khorne logo and inserting more base runic symbols to show they are older than the pantheon.

Switching/cutting the horns for a broken aged look, sort of primordial rage before it formed khorne.

It can also make it easy to add other Deamons such as horrors and plague bearers as it hasn't devolved into angry hate it's more a pure hate

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zps8a7fb42b.jpg

http://i1279.photobucket.com/albums/y524/Taron_James_Beer/image_zps76001bc0.jpg

Like this

I feel in regards to pre khorne ascension the lesser Deamons of hate rage anger etc, would be predominately agile and lithe like modern counterparts but would retain a feral feel like a wild man or a bestial look that shows the animal within humanity.

If you don't use the idea brother ill use it ;)

Hey I said I'm a traitor and I think I'll need to start another project soon my thoughts are getting dark again :/

But I tell you now noctus any ideas you have I'll be happy to contribute.

Ohh and I also thought of a way to use them as nurgle Deamons, if you want ideas I also can give ideas on slanesshi and tzeentchian Deamons with the same idea

All hail the ruined king

Edited by Jaspcat

Hey Noctus,

I've been lurking this thread for a while and just wanted to say how much I enjoy both the fluff and models. I start out with a white primer and Wazdakka red as well and it's amazing the burgundy red you get washing it with nuln oil. I love the color for Word Bearers. Carroburg Crimson does end up with a more "red" color as I've found painting World Eaters (as was mentioned earlier in the thread) but I like the more burgundy color for Word Bearers.

Edited by Akylas

I'd go with Jasps idea. That was really cool. Now we can all come together as one in our hatred for Jaspcat and his brilliant ideas that we wish were our own. :teehee:

Edit: 

Oh, and Kol_Saresk: It's not that easy definable as you might think. It is not all about apperances, it is also about the "funamentals". (Writhing an essay on religious fundamentalism right now, so into that expression). 

Edited by Natanael

I'd go with Jasps idea. That was really cool. Now we can all come together as one in our hatred for Jaspcat and his brilliant ideas that we wish were our own. :teehee:

Edit:

Oh, and Kol_Saresk: It's not that easy definable as you might think. It is not all about apperances, it is also about the "funamentals". (Writhing an essay on religious fundamentalism right now, so into that expression).

Trust me, I understand the intricacies. And there are some subtle ones in the four descriptions I put up and most just fly over the cuckoo's nest.

• 2 weeks later...

Hail to the Ruined King, my brothers. Its been a while, eh? Honestly, I must unfortunately say that a fine cocktail of being sick, an exhausting road trip, being sick again, and Christmas has kept me out of the loop and has sorely bested my ability to work on anything as of late, especially anything Warhammer.

Now, as a Christmas gift to myself I decided to splurge a little bit and bought myself the Cypher rules. Is it worth nearly $20 but I'm in the giving spirit so whatever. That being said, I absolutely love his rules. He's fun, fluffy, and quirky without going into the realm of broken. I've always been sort of on the fence with Cypher. I could never really tell if I liked him or not. Now I know that without a shadow of a doubt, (thank you Cypher fluff in the datasheet and preheresy Knight Dark Angels) I love him and I love the idea of making a small contingent of fallen to go with it.

Mind you that progress in general will be slow for a bit while longer. I'm just not feeling up to my best to work on anything for a long period of time, but in a flurry of inspiration, I had to make myself a Cypher model. I'll probably even be using him tonight for a small point 1750 point game with a friend tonight. He's not exactly like he is in the pictures, but I took some inspiration and tried to add my own little personal flare to it like I do with everything. Hope you like him.

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20131227_111040_zps8f8fa7f2.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20131227_111104_zps9808a610.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20131227_111116_zpsbce0ec90.jpg

http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac352/Noctus-Cornix/20131227_111134_zps28c94dca.jpg

Enjoy.

Thanks guys, glad you like him. I understand what you mean, Heinrich. I honestly think its a little poofy too but I think it doesn't detract from the model enough for me to try that again and if I did I'm afraid I'd never get it right. It was also, somewhat intention though it went a bit farther than intended. The original inpsiration for this conversion was a piece of artwork in his datasheet.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cdesGMWVtEQ/UrrstqrizhI/AAAAAAAAiQM/sVpGfOZT3z8/s1600/cypheraction.PNG

As you can see, his is a tad bit poofy as well, or atleast that's how it looks to me. That's also where I got the idea for the open robe that I used for this model rather than the belted closed robe we often see. I think it adds some fluidity to it, almost sort of making it a sick mesh between a robe and a duster.

It's a really good conversion, noctus - true to the art. Cypher and his rules seem like a great buy points wise for what he does. Might have to make a count-as for my Ravens, and I hatehatehatehatehateHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE count as.