Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH, I got excited about all of the great Deathwatch stuff coming out and wanted to read some novels.

So I went to the Black Library website, filled up my cart with ebooks and the mp3 only to discover they do not accept paypal.  :huh.:

It was the perfect plan too, the wife would of never seen a CC statement. :ph34r.:

TITH, I got excited about all of the great Deathwatch stuff coming out and wanted to read some novels.

So I went to the Black Library website, filled up my cart with ebooks and the mp3 only to discover they do not accept paypal.  :huh.:

It was the perfect plan too, the wife would of never seen a CC statement. :ph34r.:

Send me the money and I'll buy them and email you copies. ;) Just kidding... 

For reals? Crap! I had heard that it was safe for plastics. :(

I heard the same thing from a brother here when I first started getting into the game. He meant acetone free nail polish remover (which still can erode the plastic but not as fast) but there was a typo and I didn't verify before dunking. Lost a dreadnought and a squad of death company, unfortunately.

Today in the hobby, I have started my vow with haste. I only have today, tomorrow and most of Thursday next week to get it done, and I forgot that I have two Exorcists, three Immolators and two penitent Engines to paint. Still, I'm half way through my Legion of the Damned Counts as, and part the way through one Immolator. I have the vast majority of the rest at the primered stage (still have a PE and a kit bashed Immolator to build :sad.: ), so I'm doing better than I thought...

Yesterday in the hobby I... cast parts...

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j332/SubtleDiscord/2016%20WIP%20Photos/Shield_Generator_14.jpg

Today in the hobby I... cast parts...

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j332/SubtleDiscord/2016%20WIP%20Photos/Shield_Generator_15.jpg

Tomorrow in the hobby I... will cast more parts...

TITHI began to drool uncontrollably at the email from GW mentioning a Codex Deathwatch and the return to carnate glory of Captain Artemis. I've seen through GW's plan; they're going to stop me buying Urban War and Warmachine because I've spent all my money on that exquisite 40k plastic crack. Anyone know if there's plans to release a DW-only upgrade kit?

There is a deathwatch upgrade sprue as well as a kill team mentioned in the contents of the new box, loath as i am to post a bols linkie here you go mon

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/08/gw-new-releases-august-6-pricing-links.html

No idea why they thought we'd new pics of the old vanguard and venerable dread sprues as well as the (actually new and relevant) deathwatch stuff, but hey it's bols I'm just glad it wasn't more click bait

TITHI Started on the last of my legion tactical squad's blue base coat, seven down just nine to go (out of 48)

TITH I almost finished painting a Thunderfire and Techmarine gunner.  The last hour of my session had me thinking over and over that the effort to paint this unit was not worth the cost and ability of the unit in the game.  I looked at the second TFC already primed on the desk and considered trying to sell it.  I mean, one and done, right?  I dunno.  Maybe I'll push on through and just get both done.  That way I can have the option of using two in a game because frankly, if I'm goingto paint two of these units, then dagnabit I'm going to use two.

Or not.

I also decided the next thing I'm going to paint is my FW Mk II Land Raider.  Yeah man, get that thing done.

TITH I: finally worked out how to cover up the painted-shut top hatch on the eBayed Rhino I picked up for peanuts a few weeks back and did the photo search stuff necessary for my reference material; I also finished doing all the weathering, paint-scraping and other conversion-y bits of work on it, and ~75% of the green stuff work. 

I also finally worked out how to do the first weapon on the similarly-eBayed Land Raider that's sat next to my modelling desk. 

TITH, I decided to take a break from Mechanicus models so I can start working on a project that's been on my mind since my early days with 40K (so, like, about two years ago): adding units to my Salamanders force drawn from their "successor chapters" (Storm Giants and Black Dragons). Figure it'll be a joint force fighting together at Armageddon. Just need to pick up a dread and maybe a box of Hormagaunts (in case Dark Elf Corsair swords don't quite work out for the Black Dragons)

Today in the Hobby I... finished this!

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j332/SubtleDiscord/2016%20WIP%20Photos/Shield_Generator_21.jpg

Designation yet to be determined; behold, the fully operational (if not painted) Shield Generator, complete with armoured construction, external ladder leading to battlements, full sized door access, and the option to run it by cord or 4 AAA rechargeable batteries. Made from 42 cast components combined with a Vengeance Weapon Batter, it stands 18 cm from the ground to the battlement deck, and 22 cm total. Seeing it finally complete, I think it may become a 'Heavy Plasma Shield Generator', but that seems a little to obviouscould easily change.

Note: I current have 1 final kit of the first 4 made and it's available exclusively to the B&C community before I begin offering these through my shop. My kit will include all the pictured cast components, a 3" plasma globe, and all of the magnets required for assembly; first-come-first-serve. See my Legion Rising W.I.P. thread for details and pricing. The last kit has been spoken for. Thanks for the interest, much more to come!

Edited by Subtle Discord

YITH I beat my local GW Manager at 40k again (although unfortunately he had some *awful* luck with the dice) and today I'm contemplating finally getting these new Combat Squads built. Emperor knows if I'll ever get them painted.

That's quite possibly the coolest project I've ever seen, really great work on that, I can imagine when it's all painted up it'd be the highlight of any battlefield!

Greetings

I'm sure you're aware that this is about a billion times better than the official product. But in the event that you're not, this is about a billion times better than the official product.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j332/SubtleDiscord/2016%20WIP%20Photos/Shield_Generator_21.jpg

Designation yet to be determined; behold, the fully operational (if not painted) Shield Generator, complete with armoured construction, external ladder leading to battlements, full sized door access, and the option to run it by cord or 4 AAA rechargeable batteries. Made from 42 cast components combined with a Vengeance Weapon Batter, it stands 18 cm from the ground to the battlement deck, and 22 cm total. Seeing it finally complete, I think it may become a 'Heavy Plasma Shield Generator', but that seems a little to obviouscould easily change.

Note: I current have 1 final kit of the first 4 made and it's available exclusively to the B&C community before I begin offering these through my shop. My kit will include all the pictured cast components, a 3" plasma globe, and all of the magnets required for assembly; first-come-first-serve. See my Legion Rising W.I.P. thread for details and pricing.

Today, in the morning (yes, you read that right, folks, AM) I built my deathwatch marines (as in converted from models I already had, not the new box).

25 glorious heroes of the Imperium, to be horribly overpriced and shot down when anything remotely tough goes anywhere near them.

Maybe it's time to do some more terminators...

Hi

Your lack of faith is disturbing .TITH

A small mind is easily filled with faith. Mine? Not so much.

This morning I finished upgrading my guys to Deathwatch levels of nonsense gear - even finding a couple of extra holstered pistols and immediately sticking one onto the last guy carrying a single weapon! A couple of auspexes will soon be added, as well.

Furthermore, after a bit of sorting last night, I now have ten terminators ready to be done as squad upgrades. Perhaps having some 2+/5++ will restore my belief...