Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Today I finally took my 1st step towards realizing my dreams of a full beaky army. Only took a lot of practice to figure out how to make small molds and make bubble-less casts. On a side note...anybody need 90 or so original plastic BaC MK IV heads that I won't be using? lol

http://imgur.com/XwA3KQS.jpghttp://imgur.com/wmVFiae.jpg

I would be more than happy to take those off your hands mate... If you were serious. Wanting to change all my heads to either BA specific or MK4.

Also, nice cast on the beakys.

Edited by The Unseen

Suffering from withdrawal symptoms today.  The plastic crack has been locked up in the attic since late April / early May.

Keep catching myself either constantly checking BnC or combing ebay for deals on  the Calth boxset, lost patrol or that imperial knight box. 

work + newborn + new home = no free time

edit:  i just caved and bought lost patrol off of ebay.  

I feel so dirty.

Edited by Space Truckin

Tith I made my 1st special order at my FLGS. A full psykana division, Yarrick, and a missionary (to use as a priest).

I feel that this will begin my fall from the emperor's grace as my next order will probably be deamons for summoning purposes.

Today I finally took my 1st step towards realizing my dreams of a full beaky army. Only took a lot of practice to figure out how to make small molds and make bubble-less casts. On a side note...anybody need 90 or so original plastic BaC MK IV heads that I won't be using? lol

I would be more than happy to take those off your hands mate... If you were serious. Wanting to change all my heads to either BA specific or MK4.

Also, nice cast on the beakys.

Sure i sent a PM. should be easy ship since we're both in USA.

Update on *Beaky Quest*

Today in the Hobby I successfully copied the MK 6 shoulder set that came with my Tac Squad.

Because I have no pressure caster I have to use a blunt pin to pick each of the little bubbles out of the studs before putting the other half of the mold down.

The results work very well though i do get tiny airbubbles on the inner shoulderpads which don't really matter.

http://imgur.com/1Zc5snz.jpg

I also tried casting the entire torso but it's really rough on the molds since my parting line is right under the belt, making for a completely mold-line free cast. I could only make about 10 or so before my molds broke up, but I can always remake them in a few minutes (sans 4 hour RTV cure time)

Here are my results thus far. THe Gun arms are a little loose since they're pinned but not glued in yet to facilitate easier painting

http://imgur.com/JmG00cT.jpg

I'll probably keep at least 1 original of every MK VI bit (Heads, torso, shoulders) so that I can continue to expand my Beaky army of doom.

Considering tearing all of my BaC marines apart in order to convert them to Beaky-ish marines but with MK IV arms and legs kinda like the FW ravenguard calth upgrades

**EDIT**

During a boring HR Phone Conference I started painting up a ravenwing sergeant. 

Black marines are sorta like a cop-out for painting. I just airbrush them black and then add in eshin grey highlights and details by hand. Buuut.. I'm lazy so I'm happy with the result (and yes, I put myself on mute and just started airbrushing during the stupid phone conference) 

I'll do the bike later

http://imgur.com/wtoimUl.jpg

Edited by Duymon

Tith I finally got around to making a full unbound list of all my SM models and ended up at 4000 points :woot: .  has crept up without realising from the 1500 or so last time I counted!

TITH I was asked what system I played the most.

tumblr_n6wf1by0uY1qirsuqo1_r1_500.gif

Today in the hobby I saw a gif of someone from outside the 40k universe saying "heresy." 

Freaking Heretic.

But yes. There can be no talk of other systems when one is a servant of the Immortal God-Emperor of Mankind!

TITHI Finished base coating my fire raptors hull and started dong the smurf blue and metals for the first ball turret, Also did a gk list for a 1850pt game on tuesday (only 21 models but one is a knight titan crusader) this will be the first time I've bothered using a nemesis strike force as i usually just run a cad

Fingers crossed my usual lack of luck with deep strike armies doesn't come into play.

In a dark corner of southern Canada. The sound of crickets in the night?

*Rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet...*

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j332/SubtleDiscord/2016%20WIP%20Photos/Shield_Generator_06.jpg

*Rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet...* Oh, nope. Subtle is just finishing his detailing.

TITHI have... almost... finished... the... Shield... Generator... *Rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet... rivet...*

And rightly so psycho it's a very nice bit of kit bashing, as for the mold lines spotting them is half the reason i take pics of my work, because the eye always misses one (or two) but the camera (and by extension all of the web denizens) never does:biggrin.:

@subtle discord: love your work can't wait to see the finished (assuming you do finish placing all those rivets with such micro metric precision:wink:  ) article