Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

YITH I finished putting together my Shogun (CM) with custom jump pack. Also glued together some painted parts of my command squad and then glued them to their bases (only mentioned because they're special bases). Also finished reading the entire "This is the Liber II" thread. 60-odd pages, dear Terra....

TITH. I got my butt handed to me (turn five wipe, if I'd made one more save I would have been down but alive) on a silver platter in a 25 PL game vs. AdMech. I just couldn't make any saves turn one, whereas what sounds I managed to get through got saved. I miss chapter tactics already. Most annoying thing about the game though? 1st turn I knock his dunecrawler down to 7HP, and then he heals back to ten with his Dominus. It stayed at full effectiveness for the whole game. I think next game I'll bring my own tanks/walkers.

TITH I also started painting a Primaris Intercessor the GW manager was giving away at launch. Eventually he'll be a Lieutenant with Bolter, but he needs more work.

TITH ordered some bases . Saw the new primaris stuff:facepalm: welcome to 8th edition Grim Dark is gone . I guess Hello Kitty Chapter will be next.

Is there a shapewyas pad for that?

Asking for a friend ...

Not that I have seen . I was thinking about requesting some but all the guys I buy from are buried in requests . I've been waiting for a year on Charnel Guard pads from Pop goes the Monkey.

Had my first game of 8e 40k. 1500 pts, Blood Angels vs Chaos Space Marines. Berzerkers are the choppy gits I hoped they'd be, and Plague Marines are still tough as nails. In cover they proved *very* hard to shift. Lost, 8 points to 9, Big Guns Never TIre mission. I had 2 objectives and Slay The Warlord, he had 2 objectives, First Blood, and Line Breaker. Still, fun was had, and no big issues cropped up.

Started to paint a SM tank to meet a local challenge with only 5 evenings(5-8hrs free time max over that period) to do it in. eeek!   I've only had from the start of the month to get it done.

Edited by Eberious

TITH I started putting together new lists for 8th Edition using the new minis I've picked up over the past month - a Start Collecting box for Deathwatch and Militarum Tempestus.

Now I just need to work out how the heck I'm supposed to shade a white Taurox Prime...

Two minutes in the hobby I reread a reply to a comment to one of my blog entries (yes, I'm vain) from 2015. More specifically:

Warhammer 40,000 is a science-fantasy universe based around models ranging from small infantry to tanks to huge walkers. It is a setting rather than a story, unlike Friendship is Magic, so the plot will never advance but that's okay because there are ten millenia worth of history to explore.

Ha ha ha ha sob sob sob.

TITH I reached the point of ":censored:  it, good enough" with my gaming table so I've decided its finished :smile.:

0 02 05 14cdc993d5d9cbd81b7330252af9445a0397bdb9e636d405bd8ca502e6e33bd6 full

Might add more detail in the future, but for now its ready for 8th edition.

Also Im sick of having it in my living room every day :teehee:

TITH I updated my VII Legion plog's OP with some new fluff that I wrote a few months ago that better reflects the current plans for my army, after some discussions with Rohr last year. Not much, but I'm getting a small order in tomorrow that will be immediately used for my Fists. The Warwrought will stand and die in the name of Dorn.

Today in the hobby, I didn't get much in the way of hobbying done, but, I did receive a pile of books today: Dante, Dark Imperium, Lemartes, The Carrion Throne, Index Imperium 1, Index Chaos, and my 2nd copy of the 8e rulebook...Now, which of the novels to read first...

TITH and YITH I managed to get some more of my Fists rebased into 32mm. Not super keen on the fact that my Honor Guard Squad is now 3 separate characters and two dudes. But, they have become much more awesome as individuals. After searching the Imperium 1 book, I found that Teleport Homers are no longer available wargear. My old Vet Sgt Scout no longer carries one into battle. Thanks AdMech for improving our Teleportarium. It's only been 10000 years, but better late than never.

TITH I finished the build phase of my first Eldar figure for what I hope is my new army to start playing the game again. I haven't done so much sculpting on a single in such a short time since I can't remember when. The muse is back and I hope she sticks around.