Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Yesterday in the hobby I scoured my stuff to find a couple missing bits from my metal talos kit. I only found 1 of two, but I am hoping oyumaru will allow be to duplicate the other forward facing blade.

I also pulled out all my 3rd ed materials for dark eldar, so should be able to create that retro look I was hoping for in the near future!

Today, i gathered all my 40k stuff, put it in a storage container, marked it "40k" and locked it away in the storage area at home.

Firstborn arrived on Tuesday and gas become the herald of a cult of change. He is too cute to be purged, so like a sneaky inquisitor i shall take him under my wing and raise him right so that in about 6-10 years, we can hopefully purge heretics together.

TITHI put the finishing touches on the first three inceptor primaris, a lieutenant, an intercessor sergeant and the ancient as well as the first of my two nurgle drones

next i plan on doing the rest of the intercessors, inceptors and hell blasters after which I'll move on to st celestine and friends (love that bellasarius cawl model)

Today, i gathered all my 40k stuff, put it in a storage container, marked it "40k" and locked it away in the storage area at home.

Firstborn arrived on Tuesday and gas become the herald of a cult of change. He is too cute to be purged, so like a sneaky inquisitor i shall take him under my wing and raise him right so that in about 6-10 years, we can hopefully purge heretics together.

Congrats!!!!   My lil Genestealer just turned 1 last month.  It's a challenge to get hobby time in for sure just got to have patience.  

Word of advice - don't try to wake up at 4 or 5am to sneak in some painting - the little psykers have prescience and will wake up with you!

Last Weekend in the Hobby -  Attempted to make a DIY Foam Cutter using Old Guitar Strings and various old wall wart power supplies.

Never seen a guitar string catch on fire and disintegrate before it hits the ground before.  :thumbsup:  

I need to find a pwr supply around 18v and 15 amps or a potentiameter and soldering gun.  May go dumpster diving.

Edited by Space Truckin

Today in the hobby... I didn't really do much in the hobby directly. But I did follow through with doing a certain something that has worked wonders for my motivation and general outlook on things, in general, including where it is relevant to the hobby, so will definitely be working much more then I have been on my minis.

Thursday in the hobby I played (and won) my first two games of 8th Edition 40K with my Sisters of Battle.
Yesterday in the hobby I did a bit of work on my Ordo Xenos Radical Inquisitrix with the Big Hat.
Today in the hobby I am going to buy my copies of 8th Edition 40K and Index Imperium 1 and 2, and some toys of some description.

This is a nice thread! :)

TithI finished DOW2 retribution.

So I'm basically caught up with the franchise... tho I do need to go back and beat winter assault... I got the everything at once bundle a while back and was destracted by the last 2 dow1 expansions Shiney map campaigns... also debating beating every faction campaign for retribution... ah well.

YITHI finished building my first Intercessor squad and the Lieutenant with sword and pistol. I'd already done the other Lieutenant and the Ancient, so the next stage is either starting on some of the Nurgle stuff for variation or going back to finishing my Black Templar land raider. Also helping one of my brothers get into the hobby with IG, thanks to finding an unused cadian battleforce and some spare parts I've found, the lucky so-and-so has got about fifty Guard to build.

So I'm basically caught up with the franchise... tho I do need to go back and beat winter assault... I got the everything at once bundle a while back and was destracted by the last 2 dow1 expansions Shiney map campaigns... also debating beating every faction campaign for retribution... ah well.

They're basically identical for the Retribution campaigns, but if you get Dawn of War III, let us know what it's like

Hidden Content

YITHI finished building my first Intercessor squad and the Lieutenant with sword and pistol. I'd already done the other Lieutenant and the Ancient, so the next stage is either starting on some of the Nurgle stuff for variation or going back to finishing my Black Templar land raider. Also helping one of my brothers get into the hobby with IG, thanks to finding an unused cadian battleforce and some spare parts I've found, the lucky so-and-so has got about fifty Guard to build.

They're basically identical for the Retribution campaigns, but if you get Dawn of War III, let us know what it's like

Yeah I noticed that when the first mission was nearly identical for IG,SM and orks... just a different enemy and script, but map and objectives identical basically.

YITH I picked up my Dark Imperium box at the FLGS and got it cheaper than expected because the Inceptors flying sprue was sticking out the bottom of the box. Guess they're good for something after all!

TITH I opened up the rule book and read it in full. First real rule book I have owned for 40k (I made it through all of 7th without one and got a scanned copy of 6th ed book from friend) so I am rather excited by the fact.

ITFITH (in the future ITH) I need to build and paint and base all of the Primaris plus some other models for the Iron Gauntlet in two weeks...good thing I have most of that time off!

TITH I put in an order for the parts to convert my Inquisition Land Raider. Gonna be fun!

Today in the hobby... I didn't really do much in the hobby directly. But I did follow through with doing a certain something that has worked wonders for my motivation and general outlook on things, in general, including where it is relevant to the hobby, so will definitely be working much more then I have been on my minis.

What is that certain something if you don't mind me asking?

I'll have what he's having

What is that certain something if you don't mind me asking?

I'll have what he's having

I... uh, I went out with a young lady I've grown rather fond of recently. Something I've never actually done before, a result of my relative youth and my general disinterest in casting my nets wide, as it may be. Gave me a good deal of confidence, started looking on things much more optimistically - even discounting the fact that things went rather well, I found myself simply grateful that I had the opportunity to do it - which is far and away from my normal outlook on things. So yeah...that's what happened. Bit off-topic, but I think it's been good for me in general.

TITH I started sorting out the bits for my first challenge in the Arena. Going for a rather tactical approach to my Intercessors, which of course, is the the only proper way to approach building Raptors. Will run up to GW and purchase the necessary paints not currently in my possession this weekend.  :)

What is that certain something if you don't mind me asking?I'll have what he's having

I... uh, I went out with a young lady I've grown rather fond of <snip>

Well heck....... that's not gonna work for me! :( Not nice to get an old lady's hopes up.:) Back to the hobby motivation drawing board.

TITH I attempted to make sense of list building in 8th. 

Nothing seems to "click" for me yet. What used to be an 1850 point force for me in 7th is now a 2700 point monstrosity with a couple of invalid builds. (Looking at you, TL plas/las Razorbacks)

What's the usual level games are happening at now for points and power levels? Old list was a half/half drop pod/razorback combined arms force.

And looks like my freehand-numbered Tactical squads are going to need some changes, too. Sigh. 

Ah well, hopeful that the changes will lead to some great stuff in the hobby! (Been in since the tail end of 3rd and the age of 15)