Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

Well this week anyways..

- finished building my first Dark Talon(waiting on some liquid mask for the canopy to paint)

- read Angels of Caliban

- started prep/build of an Agressor squad the wife bought me for Christmas

- tried to make a 2x BN formation of DA work on Battlescribe for 2k pts

TitH I found a half-finished Space Marine Devastator with a plasma cannon. He looked sad not to be properly painted, so I broke out the brushes and finished his paint job properly. He is now happily with his fellow heavy weapons bearers.

TITH I lost 10-9 to Ad Mech. That combination of stuff where you can make Kataphrons chuck out 3 damage plasma shots that hit really easily is dumb. Dude did 18 damage to my Predator in one volley.

Dragonlover

TITH I unpacked my half painted Morty from storage. Will see if I can manage to get some paint on him before the GuO is out.

Yes I suffer from New Shiny Syndrome.

Be calm there is a cure, all you need to do is sign up for my low cost 13 step plan and you too can be free of shinyitis

Caution results may vary, no responsibility for any relapses are attributable to the firm, all sales are final as we have attack lawyers

YitH I finished my very first Craftworld model, a Dire Avenger. It was the test for what basing scheme to use for the rest of the army. Now to finish the rest of the bloody army! :smile.:

Edited by Montford981

TITHI Finished basing 20 intercessors, 6 inceptors, 10 hell blasters, redemptor dreadnought, primaris ancient, captain and a pair of lieutenants also did their transfers.

On top of which i put some transfers on my leviathan dreadnought and swapped out some plastic cataphracti terminators arms for forge world pieces

Today I received two books from the Administrium.    Farsight and The Warmaster.     I still have not finished painting my first eight Primaris marines and one  of my command squads for the Ultra Marines.  Also two tactical squads.    I have hit a painting wall again.   

TITHI Played against orks with my smurf primaris list victory was won by the fourth round due to some really good rolling at times on my part and some bad rolling on the ork players part.

29 stormboys and zagstrukk vs 10 intercessors and 3 hell blasters with guilliman nearby (but not involved in the combat), overwatch killed 7, h2h killed 14 against the orks kill total of 1.5 models

@treadhead. I read your batrep three times, laughing. How on earth do you kill half of a model? (But I do know how to half kill a hobbyist.)

Anyhow, TITH I straightened my workbench, deep cleaned my brushes and airbrush, and updated my mountain of shame spreadsheet. Next I pulled out a 10-man MkIV assault squad and checked to make sure I'd gotten all the mold lines. I got all set up to shoot them with primer... and the skies opened up. Nuts! I'm gettin' me a barometer with an alarm on it that let's me know when it gets above 60%.

@treadhead. I read your batrep three times, laughing. How on earth do you kill half of a model? (But I do know how to half kill a hobbyist.)

It was a squad of intercessors lol

Edited by treadhead

TITHI tried my hand at airbrushing... and failed miserably. :tongue.: I don't know whether it's the paint thickness or wrong pressure or something else entirely, but I clearly have a lot to learn. :smile.:

It's a learning curve, but not a terrible one.  Hang in there :tu:

What was the problem?  Clogs?  Spidering?  Spontaneous combustion?