Today in the hobby I....

Aegnor

TITH I finally got my Noise Marine after all! Wayland Games had sent me an email that it was back in stock but I didn’t want to get my hopes blasted apart like eardrums again until it

Actually arrived! Stoked!

TITH I ordered some retro RT Colossus robot resculpts. They'll go nicely with the Dreadnoughts I have coming.

Hidden Content
51608056_10155764061562063_3516143520253

Now I just have to get some infantry to go with them all...

Edited by Soldier of Dorn

YITHI played 2k points with my BA Primaris vs Tyranids. We've been playing Tactical Cascade and he got the first turn. I've already seen me losing the game as he easily trapped me in my deployment zone (did that weird quater deployment zone map with the empty circle in the middle), however with some lucky rolls (16 damage turn 1 on a T8 Tyranid with 4 Lascannons while only hitting on 5+ due psychic shenanigans and the floaty guys for example), some really unlucky rolls from my opponent (he rolled a lot of 1s with these new GSC dice ...) and the sick amount of Dakka I had in my list (2 dakka redemptors, 1 Repulsor, 20 Intercessors, 10 Reiver, 3 Bolter Inceptors) I slowly fought my way out again. I was FAR behind on points. Turn 3 I was 10VP behind iirc. By the end of turn 6 I barely managed to pull ahead by 1VP and also managed to table him while still having 1 Repulsor, 1 Redemptor, 14 Intercessors, 2 Reiver, 2 Inceptors, 3 Hellblaster, 1 Lieutenant and 1 Ancient on the board.

Overall a great game and a fun mission even if I had to feel bad for all the 1s my opponent rolled. We both agreed he should do the water test to check if they are really that unbalanced. The GSC symbol is on the 1 and instead of having it printed on like on the BA and SW dice it's carved out.

Overall a great game and a fun mission even if I had to feel bad for all the 1s my opponent rolled. We both agreed he should do the water test to check if they are really that unbalanced. The GSC symbol is on the 1 and instead of having it printed on like on the BA and SW dice it's carved out.

I ordered custom dice for my Raven Guard and the 6 is carved out for their symbol and they roll (IMO) far below average for me. I realize my view is probably biased since I'm on the bad end of the rolls but I'm planning on getting new dice for my new army. I was thinking of having their new symbol engraved onto them but I'm thinking I may just buy a block of them and leave them as is since the colors will match.

TITHI got the last of my resin washed (a load of now oop legs from Anvil and more importantly Alpharius). I also got my moritat nearly built and started on a praevian and vigilator. 

I also resolved to try and do a little bit of hobby each day (where possible) so I can clear the massive painting backlog I have. 

TITHI finished the test marine for my 30k-styled Dark Angels:

mc0dJNj.jpg

I also resolved to try and do a little bit of hobby each day (where possible) so I can clear the massive painting backlog I have. 

I should probably do that as well.... :lol:

TITHI made more posts here than I think I have in some of the past months. Weird, that. Not lurking for once is an interesting change of pace. Maybe once I get around to it I’ll restart my Forge page, just to keep on track.

TITHI Gave into temptation and ordered some more resin crack from forgeworld, Winging it's way towards me as I type are a contemptor achillus class dreadnought and some praetorian breacher shields for my smurfs.

Hopefully my can of retributor spray will hold out for one more model

YITHI Helped my nephew put together the space marine bike we painted on it's sprue Friday, His army is coming along nicely, Also got a small 500 point game in with him (my deathguard vs his smurfs) he did quite well at the end of 5 turns we both had two models left, It seems the dork side is strong in him:biggrin.:

Edited by treadhead

Woot, Today in the hobby I finally got my net back. Which means I can update a few minor projects. Continued progress on a Luna Wolf project is behind schedule but now finally coming through into being. But I stopped in at a game shop and bought a blind box of those heroes and was a bit surprised with what I nabbed. So now I'm all excited to get 'em primed up and painted. Only 2 days of work left and I can get back to the fun stuff.

Anyway, the 65th company now has a 'generic' Tybalt Marr stand-in. Still got a little bit of work to do, but I rather like the idea of it in general (And of note, I love reaver heads. Gotta make a chaplain or two from them some time.)

gallery_107230_14721_40884.jpg

TITHI got some quick basecoat's down on a Red Scorpions Primaris Kill-Team I've been working on and realised I can tidy up overspill and shade marks at the end before highlighting, rather than neurotically as I go along, and it's sped up my painting speed massively.

Today was a good day, considering the pile of shame I have is set to increase massively with all this Shadowspear goodness...

TITHI put down the first steps of a base for a biker, painted the finishing touches of the biker, and cleaned up and prepped the parts for the first member of my Kill Team roster!

All this after doing nothing hobby-related for about six months!

TITH I finished a combat squad of marines. They need varnish but otherwise they're ready for battle.

Y04M1N3h.jpg

I really like your marines, warriorhunter. The finish on them is so clean and smooth. They're a pleasure to look at.

40353245503_9d2d448c1d_b.jpg

TITH I go some more work done on my Red Scorpions Kill-Team. Shades and Highlights next. Trying to speed up my painting and not obsess so much over each detail. Side note, Shapeways pads are awesome, and saved me having to pay insane prices for the Forge World transfer sheet on eBay.