The art of sisters

Dread

Either the 3rd or 4th edition rulesbook mention the main colors of the sisterhood are black, red and white.

Incidentally they're also men and women's favorite colors for their girlfriends' lingerie. Says a lot about the making of the Adepta Sororitas. :laugh.:

And sisters of battle have worn blue for as long as Kirsten Williams has had them:

Red matches her hair.  She is also stunning in pink, too.

also ...

♫If you could only see how blue her eyes can be when she says,♪

♪ When she says "Collect Me!" ♫

It's the wings, just so plain.

I feel we can claim the paint scheme for that. That and we don't have Imperial Eagles or Fluer-de-lys on every feather. Or both.

I'm still contemplating the best way to make the wings more eye-catching and it's come down to a couple of options:

1. Free hand designs onto the feathers

2. Use a dark to light blend from root to tip of the wings so that they start at a dark grey and fade to bright white (could lend well to acting as a NMM attempt too)

3. Use a darker white as a base with bright white highlights and a darker shade to seperate the feathers more (likely a blue or purple wash).

i think it'd be interesting to see an almost flame effect on them. starting at red-hot at the base and blending into white hot at the tips.

That's what I did on my old ones sword, and I'm thinking about doing that on her wings.

"repost" of this one, because this one doesn't crop off the mystery priest on the right (who is the only person in detail other than our lovely Saint).

http://i.imgur.com/8sjhNH4.jpg

EDIT: From Regimental Standard:

http://i.imgur.com/uFIKNyS.jpg

Edited by Fulkes

The BotL sorta-kinda Sister-alikes will hopefully come minus boob-plates, if we ever get round to modelling them.

BotL? what's that short for.

The Brotherhood of the Lost, also known as the Icarion Insurrection, is our Alt-Heresy Universe group project in the Special Projects section made entirely out of Lost Legion/Primarch concepts from the Bolter & Chainsword.

Here's a link to our introduction thread if you're interested: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/321361-the-brotherhood-of-the-lost-here-to-start/?do=findComment&comment=4524269

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, even though I was the one that went through this entire thread, I'm still not aware of any properly colored Order of the Valorous Heart art. Everything is Martyred Lady (well, most things). Does anyone know of any Valorous Heart art (and of course I'm being picky, so ideally what I'm looking for are things like white robe linings, silver fleurs, the red chaplet (that's kinda a big one) and so on.

Hidden Content

http://orig06.deviantart.net/d8dd/f/2012/228/a/5/a539c81fbb88c0a6f385556ba20b5ab6-d4gyfsn.jpg

this is the only reasonable one I saw in this thread, but I don't love the shape of the chaplet or some of the detailing on their armour, and I'm reeeeealy not a fan of the style the faces/hair are done in.

5288baaa11e01d287795712fcdd71248.png

Almost close? but not really the art style I prefer.

gallery_70393_9750_8158.jpg

black armour and black robes, but her chaplet is gold.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if this has been posted, but I'm preparing something big for Templars / Sisters / Ordo Hereticus and I've just found it. I love the attitude, though I realize the style might not be up everyone's alley.

http://i.imgur.com/lQ6kcqW.jpg

I has been posted before 2 times if I'm not mistaken :D but I doubt anyone but me would know (I compiled every image from this thread into a much more compact gallery thread a while ago).

Not my favorite piece, but it certainly is distinctive.

I think this one is actually new to this thread. Quite a feat :tongue.:

376d94aa8679cb3947cd0ec5cb7b0273.jpg

To much Inquisitorial iconography for my tastes, but still.

I'll go add it to the Art of Sisters Gallery . . . 

Edit: Image added to part 20 of the Gallery.

Edited by Servant of Dante

Not sure if this has been posted, but I'm preparing something big for Templars / Sisters / Ordo Hereticus and I've just found it. I love the attitude, though I realize the style might not be up everyone's alley.

http://i.imgur.com/lQ6kcqW.jpg

Anyone else reminded of Nick Fury when they see this piece?

Edited by taikishi

Nick Fury's younger, meaner sister. :laugh.:

Nicole Furia?

EDIT: Aaaand now I can't stop trying to imagine a Sisters version of the Avengers, curse you all.

Captain America- "Canoness Terra" Sister Susanna Rodal, a once-frail orphan genetically augmented by a pious Inquisitor who sought to create new super-soldiers for the Imperium "purer" of body and spirit than the flawed Space Marines, Susanna was the only survivor of the experiments after Alpha Legion infiltrators sabotaged the project and murdered the Inquisitor and his staff. Bears the not-so metaphorical Shield of Faith?

Iron Man- Sister Tessa Stark "the Iron Maiden", more machine than woman, Sister Tessa is riddled with bionics from a long & storied career. By necessity Tessa has become a trained expert with machinery, which allowed her to modify her power armour into a one-woman Retributor squad after her convent was overrun by Ork raiders. Tessa and a handful of wounded sisters and civilians became trapped in the armoury where, once her modifications were done, Tessa lead the survivors in a vengeful counterattack that saw the Orks repelled and slaughtered.

Thor- Freyja Stone-Arm, "the Vylkyrii" a native of Fenris and cunning warrior-maiden, Freyja prided herself on her fighting ability, often boasting no man on Fenris could best her until one day a stranger came to her village having heard the tales of this undefeatable warrior-woman. The old man, clad in tattered grey rags challenged Freyja to a duel and she gladly accepted, eager to prove herself once more. However in the fight that ensued Freyja was soundly beaten, though too badly battered to continue fighting Freyja refused to accept defeat, attempting to rise over and over as the stranger would knock her back down again and again. Pleased with the young woman's spirit and skill the stranger threw off his psychic disguise, revealing himself as a Rune Priest of the Allfather's Sky Warriors. As a reward the Priest gifted Freyja with three boons, the first was a rune-etched Thunder Hammer sized for a human, the second a custom-forged suit of power armour, and the thiird, Freyja was permitted honourary membership into the Sky Warriors by drinking from the legendary Cup of the Wulfen which heightened her reflexes and sharpened her senses akin to that of a true wolf. Finally Freyja was charged with a great task to fulfill, she was to travel the galaxy alongside her Astartes brothers and slay the enemies of the Allfather wherever they might be found.

Edited by SanguiniusReborn