The art of sisters

Dread

Definately strange. I don't even know. And blue isn't a Sisters color. :huh.:

I'm not sure where you're getting this from. Sisters are not limited in their colour choices. It's just that there aren't many Orders that use blue around. I think Miko's had blue in hers. I might have to make an Order in blue now just because! :laugh.:

Oh, it's not a rule I suppose. Just, all the major orders use black, white, and red. Not that you can't do others (heck, the Sisters shown in WD 293 alongside the Liber Sororitas are like light brown or tan or something).

And I have thought of doing other colors

http://bolterandchainsword.com/uploads/gallery/album_12132/gallery_83651_12132_5191.txt

But to stay withing the traditional colors I might go with something like this (this is for another DIY Order Minoris I might do at some point):

med_gallery_83651_12132_3299.jpg

I stomped around DoW:SS a fair bit with a white and blue scheme, looked really cool :) Not that I've settled on a DIY scheme yet, though that won't be a surprise to anyone following my CSM WIP :lol:

White is a great colour for SoB (I may be slightly biased), but I think like black it would need a complementary colour to offset it. Perhaps a cream colour for the robes?

Either the 3rd or 4th edition rulesbook mention the main colors of the sisterhood are black, red and white.

Incidentally they're also men and women's favorite colors for their girlfriends' lingerie. Says a lot about the making of the Adepta Sororitas. :laugh.:

And sisters of battle have worn blue for as long as Kirsten Williams has had them:

gallery_70393_9750_38650.jpg

Edited by Knight of the Raven

• 3 weeks later...

I made a thing!

med_gallery_83651_12132_799599.png

med_gallery_83651_12132_69127.jpg

med_gallery_83651_12132_502628.png

(Using the art form the Rogue Trader rulebook - the image sits across 2 pages, hence the crease/distortion on the left side; I just lined up the bolt blase as best I could)

Feel free o use them to assert our dominance over the Adeptus Astartes :P and here are smaller versions, if for some reason you do actually want to put this in your signature :D

sml_gallery_83651_12132_69127.jpg

sml_gallery_83651_12132_502628.png

• 2 weeks later...

I made a thing!

(Using the art form the Rogue Trader rulebook - the image sits across 2 pages, hence the crease/distortion on the left side; I just lined up the bolt blast as best I could)

Don't show it to Aquilanus!

Edit: Editted out wall of text.

Edited by Scion of Ferrus

I made a thing!

(Using the art form the Rogue Trader rulebook - the image sits across 2 pages, hence the crease/distortion on the left side; I just lined up the bolt blast as best I could)

Don't show it to Aquilanus!

Edit: Editted out wall of text.

Too late, I saw it. And besides my favourite faction (Sisters) fighting my favourite Chapter (Rainbow Warriors) - why would I object? :lol:

Those blue sisters are sick!!!

Can't believe I haven't seen them before now. I'm stealing that color scheme for a future project.

I cherish and regularly reopen that white dwarf with the pics - but I find it hard to reproduce such pristine whites and blues myself . Tried it but I was never satisfied (maybe it's because I compare it to Kirsten Williams' work :) ) Edited by Isolia

Either the 3rd or 4th edition rulesbook mention the main colors of the sisterhood are black, red and white.

Incidentally they're also men and women's favorite colors for their girlfriends' lingerie. Says a lot about the making of the Adepta Sororitas. :laugh.:

And sisters of battle have worn blue for as long as Kirsten Williams has had them:

gallery_70393_9750_38650.jpg

There are some good conversion ideas in that top row. I have so many duplicate of my Retributors, I like the idea of giving them two weapons (gun and sword). It could be a good way to distinguish them as Celestian.

I cherish and regularly reopen that white dwarf with the pics - but I find it hard to reproduce such pristine whites and blues myself . Tried it but I was never satisfied (maybe it's because I compare it to Kirsten Williams' work :smile.: )

Kirsten Williams primed her sisters black since she finds painting white from a black undercoat "easy."

She's obviously a witch.

I cherish and regularly reopen that white dwarf with the pics - but I find it hard to reproduce such pristine whites and blues myself . Tried it but I was never satisfied (maybe it's because I compare it to Kirsten Williams' work :smile.: )

Kirsten Williams primed her sisters black since she finds painting white from a black undercoat "easy."

She's obviously a witch.

*primes flamer*

I don't really know who this person is, but you said witch!

She's obviously a witch.

Good whites I can do. Blues, not really sure.

And White from Black may be easy, but white from white primer is easier hahaha

I tried to paint white from black primer once. Never again.

She's obviously a witch.

Good whites I can do. Blues, not really sure.

And White from Black may be easy, but white from white primer is easier hahaha

I tried to paint white from black primer once. Never again.

Actually, now that I think about it, the Sisters I have painted have white robes and hair, and they where primed black

The thing about painting white from white primer is that you cant really get that much more color depth since white is pretty much the extreme of one side of the spectrum.

Sure, going to white from black sounds like a backbreaking endeavor but, it does let you get more depth out of it by using greys and the like to bring in more character, at least imo.

The thing about painting white from white primer is that you cant really get that much more color depth since white is pretty much the extreme of one side of the spectrum.

Sure, going to white from black sounds like a backbreaking endeavor but, it does let you get more depth out of it by using greys and the like to bring in more character, at least imo.

I agree.  I used the studio scheme on my Retribution of Scyrah and found black or grey primer to be far easier than white.  It's still a monstrous pain.

I love white armor schemes...but then you have to paint white armor...  :sad.:

• 1 month later...

This needs a thread needs a revival like Saint Celestine.

Speaking of which:

http://i.imgur.com/6Hf5PDt.jpg

Also let's get on the hype train and ride it all the way:

http://i.imgur.com/6PUQ05a.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uX09q7Y.jpg

i prefer Inferno pistols myself; more focused and less likely to set something on fire that's not supposed to be on fire. (Yet. :smile.:)

I feel like someone doesn't understand that EVERYTHING is supposed to be on fire.

I prefer to carry a full flamer. And a backup. :P

A hand flamer just doesn't burn enough.

And I'm still not convinced we are getting any plastics beyond Celestine, but I could be wrong.

Edited by Servant of Dante