The art of sisters

Dread

I like that more realistic chest armour, its not boob armour with lots of weak points but rather a single chest piece.

Agreed, not only does "Boob plate" look stupid but it's a proven fact it's actually counter-productive to the wearer's protection as any weapon striking it is likely to deflect off the "breasts" and into the Sternum where the plate is less angled and therefore easier to pierce and even if it doesn't the Sister is still taking the full kinetic energy of the blow straight to her Sternum, potentially breaking her ribcage under the force. It's just so stupid...

I completely agree, in a real world sense, about "boob armour" being illogical and dangerous.

That being said, on the table, the "boob armour" immediately identifies my little toy soldiers as being women. It's not like their faces are sculpted so well as to appear feminine. The only thing that readily identifies their gender is that armour.

I also play dark eldar, and their kits have the same arms, heads, legs; the only thing that differentiates the females from the males is "boob armour"

I am not saying that real women are defined by their breasts, but it does help my miniature ones.

I wouldn't be at all put out, if new models (Emperor make it so!) didn't have the "boob armour", nor would I be upset if they kept it. Just don't overtly sexualize them. I like to keep my nerdiness and my naughtiness separate.

I like that more realistic chest armour, its not boob armour with lots of weak points but rather a single chest piece.

Agreed, not only does "Boob plate" look stupid but it's a proven fact it's actually counter-productive to the wearer's protection as any weapon striking it is likely to deflect off the "breasts" and into the Sternum where the plate is less angled and therefore easier to pierce and even if it doesn't the Sister is still taking the full kinetic energy of the blow straight to her Sternum, potentially breaking her ribcage under the force. It's just so stupid...

Yup

I hate fantasy armour, really annoys me. There are several examples of women in armour from history and they all wore the EXACT SAME armour as the men, no adjustments.

Female samurai for instance, there are several accounts of them in conventional samurai armour. Joan of Arc wore normal chainmail and a simple breatsplate.

There is something stupid about overtly sexualising female combatants.

The BotL sorta-kinda Sister-alikes will hopefully come minus boob-plates, if we ever get round to modelling them.

Based on the new Wood Elf models, i think boobies are here to stay

The Sisters armour really doesn't bother me. I get that it's illogical from a protection standpoint, it just doesn't bother me.

Since I don't particularly like change, I think I'd prefer the Sisters appearance not change, but I don't think I would have a problem with more reasonable armour if they kept the overall look (the trimming and rivets and so on). It might even help stem all the stupid Sisters related stuff on the internet (not likely).

This is all me just being wary of change, not going "oh my gosh they want to take away my boob models." Blek.  That should be obvious given my opinion on the Repentia sculpts.

Edited by Servant of Dante

Yup

I hate fantasy armour, really annoys me. There are several examples of women in armour from history and they all wore the EXACT SAME armour as the men, no adjustments.

Female samurai for instance, there are several accounts of them in conventional samurai armour. Joan of Arc wore normal chainmail and a simple breatsplate.

There is something stupid about overtly sexualising female combatants.

Ugh, most female fantasy armour are the bane of sense, personal dignity and good taste, the infamous Chainmail Bikini being the most immediate example that comes to mind. There are more ways of making a character attractive than just leaving 70-85% of their skin exposed. Hell, some of the videogame women I've personaly found the most alluring were among the most covered up/armoured. (Hildegard Von Krone of Soul Calibur IV fame, Mass Effect 3's default FemShep & Liara T'soni, Mei Ling Zhou of Overwatch, Quistis Trepe in Final Fantasy 8, etc). Edited by SanguiniusReborn

Why bother making them attractive, they are warriors not fashion models? ;)

Yeah, I hope the general aesthetics remain but that the boob plate and high heels go the way of the dodo (on models that have them). Plus, some scarred and angry looking faces would probably look good too. Let's be honest, any army that glorifies burning their enemy alive is probably going to look terrifying, even those who might otherwise be beautiful. I want faces contorted with rage and disdain!

Why bother making them attractive, they are warriors not fashion models? :wink:

Yeah, I hope the general aesthetics remain but that the boob plate and high heels go the way of the dodo (on models that have them). Plus, some scarred and angry looking faces would probably look good too. Let's be honest, any army that glorifies burning their enemy alive is probably going to look terrifying, even those who might otherwise be beautiful. I want faces contorted with rage and disdain!

Righteous Zeal, and determination are also valid expressions. We aren't Khornate Cultists. Edited by Servant of Dante

Have these been posted here yet?

http://i.imgur.com/yfKHZqB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qutGnxR.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/qILUeKs.png

http://i.imgur.com/y6lmwZK.png

http://i.imgur.com/sebpb92.png

I know we have had some stained glass before, but I think these might be new (but I've only been around for a portion of the thread). I like the last 3, for different reasons, since each is a different style. My favorite here is the third from the bottom, I would think.

The BotL sorta-kinda Sister-alikes will hopefully come minus boob-plates, if we ever get round to modelling them.

Based on the new Wood Elf models, i think boobies are here to stay

The Sisters armour really doesn't bother me. I get that it's illogical from a protection standpoint, it just doesn't bother me.

Since I don't particularly like change, I think I'd prefer the Sisters appearance not change, but I don't think I would have a problem with more reasonable armour if they kept the overall look (the trimming and rivets and so on). It might even help stem all the stupid Sisters related stuff on the internet (not likely).

This is all me just being wary of change, not going "oh my gosh they want to take away my boob models." Blek.  That should be obvious given my opinion on the Repentia sculpts.

Well, our "Daughters of Daer'dd" aren't Sisters per se, so if we do flesh them our properly we have a little more freedom to switch things up.