+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Black Templars Strategium+++

Doors of the Reclusium fly open.  A bloodied, scarred suit of power armour stands with one hand leaning on one of the doors.*

"Holy Terra! First the Ultramarines want us to join in their silly little wargame exercises... SUDDENLY, friggin' Orks out of nowhere.  That's just dandy, we're out of ammo because the boys in Blue decided we needed to 'work on our aim'.  Once we stomp them out, the damned Tyranids CREEEEEEED their way into the picture. Whatever, Powerfists do the job..."

The Reclusiarch continues his rant as he walks through the hall.  Those around listen, both stunned and amazed.  Not at the stories he tells but more so at the Knight's sudden reappearance

"...Next, the Grey Knights said we needed to deal with some silly Heretics in, what was basically the stupidest One-Flag Capture the Flag scenario I've ever seen. After that we were pulled to--"

"Brother Darklight."  The voice was Brother Honda's.

"What!?"

"Where the hell have you been?!  Do you have any idea what day it is?!"

"Of course I d--" A moment of pause whilst the date sinks in. "Where's the most up to date ETL transmission?!" 

"Here..." Honda tosses the obviously confused Reclusiarch a dataslate.

"Damn.  Someone get me a long range Vox..."

"Why?"

"I need to contact Captain Semper of the Dark Angels." The Templar began to storm back out of the hall.

Honda stood puzzled, "Okay, but... why?"

"Looks like I need to know how to paint Bone White armour, after all!"

Captain Semper sat silent on the command throne of in the bridge of the Consecrators Destroyer "The Lion's Wrath". The bridge was active but the noise level was nevertheless subdued...

- Master...  The voice of a 10th Company Sergeant disturbed the silence. The Master of Recruits made a nod allowing the Sergeant to speak.

- We just received a coded message from a Black Templar Reclusiarch sir.. it is difficult to decifer, it does not abide to standard Imperial codes...

- Which Reclusiarch is that Sergeant?

- Brother Darklight sir.

- I see.. and what does this message say sergeant? The code that's so hard to crack?

- Well the message says simply: "Prepare the white protocols. Be there to collect them in 7 standard days - Brother Darklight"

- I see... thank you sergeant.

As the Sergeant bowed and departed he missed a rare occurance - something that he might have noticed if it was not for the winged helmet of Master of Recruits. Captain Semper was smiling...

Any news from Roujakis, Mystech and ValkyrieUndead? Getting those mega-vows completed would certainly inflate our points total. Though at least DA has a few mega-vows brewing as well...

@Brother  Darklight

So is that your epitaph...that you want to be known as the Templar who made a heretic smile?

It is not done unless you let it be so.

@Brother  Darklight

So is that your epitaph...that you want to be known as the Templar who made a heretic smile?

It is not done unless you let it be so.

Unfortunately, Brother, the deal was that I'd paint those Dark Angels if our chapter as a whole couldn't keep them in their place as of July 15th.  I shall not start on this penance until this fight is over though, rest assured. 

Seeing the current state of our mighty sub forum in the ETL makes me regret even more having missed the deadline to enter. I can only hope that we maintain our own standing here so that next year I can bring the full wraith of my brushes to the fight!

well Tvih, if you were paying attention, i AM done with one of the guys for my second vow, I've just only posted him in my crusade thread. Not a completion, but I am making progress. I'm also currently painting/almost done with the second chaplain, and plan on having the captain done tomorrow. Gotta love days off from work!

Here he is again, for those of you who don't follow my crusade thread (the Tempestas Crusade)

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z41/urkh/jumpchappy.jpg

My brother's phone is not available atm to take a picture, so here's a crappy one taken with my phone of the terminator chaplain w/ lightning claw.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z41/urkh/termiechappy.jpg

Sorry the quality is so horrendously awful. I'll get a good picture of all three of them together when they're all done. All that's left is the terminator Marshal!

hmm, i have an issue, i go on holiday tomorrow for 2 weeks, and i am yet to finish my vow. That is fine, i am taking models to paint with me, my issue is a complete lack of internet connection. If i finish my vow and upload the pics when i get back would my word of honour that i finished them before the deadline be acceptable? of course i understand completely if not.

Also update on valkyrie undead, his gf got a new job and they had to move house at very short notice so he has not had much time recently. Not sure where he has got to with his vow, he might get it in, but he is having to prioritise other things at the moment

I'm pretty sure in the chaos at the gates forum you said you wanted to give me an award for worst picture ever taken or something like that! I'll actually have a new phone on the 14th in which i can take real pictures with, but I'd rather get the vow done and posted.

One thing to remember when taking pics with phones is generally not to try to take it from too close, phones don't necessarily have exactly excellent macro (close-up focusing) distance. You just have to crop the pic afterwards.

@ Gaius Maximus: I'm afraid I cannot accept a completion without a picture. It is not about beleiving you or not, it's about keeping a level field for all. As it happens there are 350 participants in the ETL and if I let something slide here I will have to allow it elsewhere too. Do not take it personally, I'm sure you're a man of your word nd in any ther context I would be more than happy to allow it. But with more than 350 participants in the ETL one has to keep to the rules to make people comfortable that the event is air-tight.

Suggestion: It appears you have contact with valkyrie undead - why not send him a pic of your vow through your mobile phone and have him post it here clearly saying it's your vow - We have enough goodwill to accept that... biggrin.png

i understand cap, no problem at all. The issue is i am somewhere where there is no phone signal at all, so doing that might be a problem. I will try to come up with a way around it though, i am a templar after all, there is no such thing as an insurmountable problem tongue.png

east coast of england, it's a massive dead spot in that area. If i go 3 miles off shore in a boat i get signal, but not really convenient to be sending/uploading photos when im doing that

I need to investigate if i can do the uploads directly from my phone, hopefully we can. That just leaves me the issue of actually finishing the vow :D

One thing to remember when taking pics with phones is generally not to try to take it from too close, phones don't necessarily have exactly excellent macro (close-up focusing) distance. You just have to crop the pic afterwards.

yah, you suggested that in my crusade thread as well, and i've tried it. It takes an even worse picture than up close, and cropping and blowing it up makes it even worse than that!

yah, you suggested that in my crusade thread as well, and i've tried it. It takes an even worse picture than up close, and cropping and blowing it up makes it even worse than that!

Ah, that was in your thread? My apologies for foolishly repeating myself, then, no offense intended :) While generally speaking what I said is valid advice, a phone can certainly just be a crappy camera indeed no matter how you try, like my 3,5-year-old phone's camera is as well - it just can't do close-up photos. Luckily in my case, I have a DSLR for this stuff. Though I wish I could find my compact digital camera (once again I suspect DA sabotage) for battle report pics so that I wouldn't have to use the phone, as I'd rather not haul my DSLR around in addition to the mini boxes.

Archived