+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Black Templars Strategium+++

Finally finished my vow. Took staying up most of the night before I left on vacation but slight grogginess was a small price to pay to uphold Dorn's honor!

Master of Sanctity

Master Of Sanctity Pre

Land Raider

Lander Raider Pre

Terminators

Terminators Pre

Finished Terminators

Squad 1

Squad 1 Pre

Finished  Squad 1

Squad 2

Squad 2 Pre

Finished Squad 2

Assault

Assault Pre

Finished Assault

Full Shot

Finished full

Battle Brothers of the E Tenebrae Lux II Crusade!

We stand at the end of a golden age. Within Two days the 2nd Annual Dark Angels' Challenge Crusade will come to a close. 

Two Days.  Forty Eight hours.

That moment will mark two events in our history. 

The day that we went down in history fighting, ever onward, to keep our title as Forum Champions.

And the last time our beloved 4th Edition Codex: Black Templars will partake in such a challenge.

Next year, we will likely stand under a combination of new texts. Codex: Space Marines.  Codex Supplement: Black Templars, maybe?  No matter the fate that lies before us, we must remember our Devotion to the Eternal Crusade. 

It matters not our Codex title.  It matters not if the rest of the universe believes us to be simply Space Marines.  We are still Dorn's Knights. 

Where there is uncertainty, I shall bring light.

Where there is doubt, I shall sow faith.

Where there is shame, I shall point atonement

Where there is rage, I shall show its course

My word in the soul shall be as my bolter in the field

-Litany of Devotion

Heed these words Brothers, for this fight is not over! The Eternal Crusade continues ever onwards! 

Our armour is still black and we still Knights of Dorn. 

We will take the battle to the enemy time and time again. 

We stand in the face of insurmountable odds with pride and purpose. 

We stand ready to let no blow go unanswered. 

We Accept any Challenge, no matter the odds.

We are the embodiment of fear and righteous zeal. 

We are the true chosen of the Emperor, the finest of the Astartes.

Finish this fight, brothers. Remind the galaxy that we are no mere Space Marine Chapter. Remind them that we are much more than that.

We are the Black Templars!!

NO PITY! NO REMORSE! NO FEAR!

Vow II Completed:

http://i.imgur.com/fQ8GAPQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/OpXrqXi.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/qk3cen0.jpg

Right, an impressive performance just a day before the finish (Krikey, fantastic work btw)! Well done gentlemen all completions are registered (Krikey, Lysere, Brother Darklight [new vow and completion], Castellan Cato, brotastic) and you're making an excellent last minute effort! However your rivals are not sitting idle - so keep going to the last minute! There is still time!

Wish I had better painting skills, but at least I've completed my initial Vow. Was hoping to fill out a full 5 completions, but I'm afraid the remaining 4 have been lost to Hivefleet Thewifeandkids...ravenous devourer of time, money, sanity, plastic, and whatever else is close at hand...

This represents a third of my entire Noctis Crusade, now all painted to the same mediocre standard. I'm going to need more models if we're going to do this again next year. biggrin.png

Before:

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg543/Mystech1/Models/P0000443_zps34f590d1.jpg

After: The flash makes the white pop a lot more than I expected. Far from master painted, but acceptable by my standards, considering most armies at my LGS are barely assembled much less painted. sweat.gif

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg543/Mystech1/P0000454_zpsda8135ba.jpg

Venerable Dreadnought. I think the extra armor mods turned out well.

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg543/Mystech1/P0000461_zpsebf75811.jpg

Command Squad. The flash on the white is covering the tiny penned letters on the banner. It says "We may die but we are taking you with us" across the top.

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg543/Mystech1/P0000452_zps04b2c269.jpg

Always liked that old Marshal model with the axe. smile.png

I've been wondering, do you know if it was originally marketed as a BT model, or a "generic" Captain? The only place I've seen it in is in (inisinitinitis MADNESS) our Codex, but I haven't seen other old marine codices anyway. I was under the impression it's a BT model what with the full tabard and all, but when I got mine this week I noticed it doesn't have any embossed BT heraldry.

I think it was listed as a generic SM captain but I only remember seeing it in Codex: Armageddon as an example Marshal. There was also a green one in there too, don't remember the chapter.

I converted mine with twin lightning claws and he served as my Marshal for a long time. :)

Definitely works great as a BT given the tabard anyway. And of course now that I think about it, since the model is from 1999, pre-Codex: Armageddon, I suppose there wouldn't have been a reason to particularly market it as a BT model, since BT was just a color scheme at that point.

My particular model's gonna end up being a SB/HG I suppose smile.png I made a foolish error in basecoating it with a different spray than the other two, and it turns out the consistency is different so the surface areas look different, and it's even more matte. Yet, despite being a primer version of the other spray, it doesn't seem to adhere any better. Bah!

Work Complete.... hopefully this boosts the Templar Campaign in some sorts... I'm only going to post the collective shot of the entire vow here and reenter the points cost for the 1st vow...

sorry I couldn't add to the effort Brothers, and mainly because I got too personnal to some of them to the extent of painting eyes and symbols/effects when they should've just stayed 3 layers.....

also, if you want to view them in detail they will be posted individually at the Vengeance Crusade thread....

anyway without further ado... I give the latest reinforcements for the Vengeance Crusade from the Forge World of Ash Cot Veil:

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o622/Marshal_Roujakis/Warhammer%2040k%20Displays/DSC_0049_zps85e543ef.jpg

• Master Gerrar - Master of Sanctity + Artificer Armour + Power Weapon + Storm Bolter + Auspex + Bionics + Frag Grenades + Holy Orb of Antioch + Krak Grenades + Master Crafted Crozius Arcanum + Terminator Honours + Cenobyte Servitor + Cenobyte Servitor + Cenobyte Servitor- 230 pts.
  • Reclusiam Command Squad - Flames of Hate
  1. Sergeant - Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Crusader Seals + Terminator Honours + Power Fist + Bolt Pistol + Power Fist+ Combat Shield + Artificer Armour
  2. Banner Carrier- Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Crusader Seals + Terminator Honours + Sacred Standard + Bolt Pistol + CCW + Combi-Flamer + Artificer Armour
  3. Champion- Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Crusader Seals + Terminator Honours + Artificer Armour + Storm Shield + Power Axe + Combi-Flamer
  4. Apothecary- Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Crusader Seals + Terminator Honours + Master Crafted Power Sword+ Bolt Pistol + Combat Shield + Artificer Armour
  5. Sword Brethren Veteran - Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Crusader Seals + Terminator Honours + Flamer
  6. Total: 391 pts.

• Lord Lupher Master of Sanctity + Storm Shield + Combi-Plasmagun + Artificer Armour + Bionics + Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Holy Orb of Antioch + Meltabombs + Master Crafted Crozius Arcanum + Space Marine Bike + Terminator Honours - 243 pts.
  • Master Etanus Master of the Forge (Techmarine) - Full Servo Harness + Space Marine Bike + Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Terminator Honours + Storm Shield - 168 pts.
  • Artificer Desmon (Techmarine) - Full Servo Harness + Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + StormBolter + Terminator Honours + Bolt Pistol - 129 pts.
  • Assault Terminator Squad - Squad Apemantus - 7 Assault Terminators - all Lightning Claws - 280 pts.
  • Assault Terminator Squad - Squad Hiponus - 6 Assault Terminators - all Storm Shield and Thunder Hammers - 240 pts.
  • Sword Brethren Shock Attack Squad - Squad Eren - 6 Sword Brethren Space Marines - Terminator Honours + 5 Storm Shields + Frag Grenades + Krak Grenades + Power Fist + Power Weapon + Crusader Seals - 284 pts.
  • Ancient Malciber - Venerable Dreadnought - Heavy Flamer + twin-linked Lascannon + Extra Armour + Smoke Launchers - 163 pts.
  • Ancient Dartanian - Venerable Dreadnought - Twin-linked Lascannon + Missile Launcher + Extra Armour + Smoke Launchers - 163 pts.
  • Furious Sparrow - Storm Talon Gunship - Typhoon Missile Launchers - 145 pts.
  • Piercing Eagle - Storm Talon Gunship - Typhoon Missile Launchers - 145 pts.
  • Templar's Wrath - Stormraven Gunship - Multi Melta - Assault Cannon - Search Light -201 pts.
  • Land Raider - Aquilus Metallica - Dozer Blades - extra armour - Storm Bolter - Search light - Smoke Launchers - 274 pts.

3081 pts

Sorry Again Capt. Semper I seemed to have missed one Space Marine in Squad Eren has a Storm Shield... the guy with the Power Fist has indeed taken up a Kite patterned SS

to better perform Breaching Assaults against Enemy Fortifications....

The Cenobyte Servitors are by the way represented by the Priests, they have studied and learned the Imperial Truth, instead of the Imperial Creed and vowed, Under tutelage

from Master Gerrar himself, to teach all that would hear about the great teachings of the Emperor himself, all those who wish no to listen and deny the teachings of the Eternal Crusade, will burn in the fires of the Flames of Hate

Good Luck Brothers...

"No Pity! No Remorse! No Fear!

jawdrop.gif

Mystech and Roujakis!!! This is a fantastic last stand!!! Congratulations to both, your vows have brought you to the second place at 30k - marginally ahead of the Codex (29.6k) and withing reach of the DAs at 41k (if some secondary vows fail the margin will close further)!

Completions registered!

Brother Honda, I really do wish that aries pattern land raiders were game legal

Brother, why is it not game legal? GW published an Apoc sheet for it for v1.0? I know it hasn't been in recent books, but you can still find images of the Ares on a search. Failing that, it can always proxy for an Achilles.

I'd say go for it as it is a distinctive look regardless of which LR you are emulating.

And to be fair, I bought this model on ebay. I have bits to build my own, but didn't have time to build and paint (which didn't turn out like I wanted).

Onwards Brothers, the enemy weakens!

Have no fear, vow 4 completion is here:

http://www.tvih.net/stuff/wh40k/etl2013-vow4-complete.jpg

And this concludes my E Tenebrae Lux II Crusade. Could've done more, could've done less... could've gotten lung cancer from all the spraying!

Brother Larden reports the completion of his vow! -634. points

Here it goes!

Before:

gallery_62076_8586_15576.jpg

After:

gallery_62076_7388_27536.jpg

- 1 master of sanctity Artificer armor, axe,mantle,termie honors,bp -196 points.

gallery_62076_7388_14457.jpg

gallery_62076_7388_30267.jpg

gallery_62076_7388_60702.jpg

- Crusader Squad of 10 initiates with power weapon/ flamer/ crusader seals/frags -206 points.

gallery_62076_7388_30676.jpg

gallery_62076_7388_136762.jpg

gallery_62076_7388_94901.jpg

- 3 bikes 3 plasma gun kraks -116 points.

gallery_62076_7388_62226.jpg

gallery_62076_7388_37633.jpg

- 3 bikes 3 plasma gun kraks -116 points.

gallery_62076_7388_84217.jpg

gallery_62076_7388_55041.jpg

gallery_62076_7388_3936.jpg

P.S. I am sorry for such a late completion, and for quality of the pics, but it is late in the evening and i dont have my camera close...so this is the result.(

P.S.2. Will try to upload a better quality pic somewhere around friday evening.

P.S.3. Sadly was able only to do 1 vow...

I haven't forgotten my vow. 1 Stormraven with hurricane sponsons 230pts

Here is the WIP shot.

IMG00127

The finished Stormraven

IMG00129

IMG00131

I assembled it with a typhoon missle launcher bringing the total to 255pts, if it's too late for that don't bother.

It took far longer to build and paint than any model I've ever done but I put that down to laziness on my part.

Be relentless...

Be unswerving...

Be confident...

Now is the time Brothers, while the enemy's arm is weak, strike with the assurance that zeal, true zeal will deliver your unanswered blows!

Stand tall, leave no doubt that on this day they stand in the shadows of the Templars!

Vow complete!

http://i1318.photobucket.com/albums/t653/MarshWolfhart/ETL%20II/20130815_014534_zpsb1ff6548.jpg

Just realizedi vowed those termies with 1 AC but building them with 2 bringing the vow to 755 instead of the set 735. Might just as well be a very mastercrafted stormbolter if it objects devil.gif

Dear brother honda, your speeches are indeed a torch lit by Him on earth for the souls about to bow down. Posts like these sent me back to my painting table so many times... the emperor indeed protects!

Always liked that old Marshal model with the axe. smile.png

I've been wondering, do you know if it was originally marketed as a BT model, or a "generic" Captain? The only place I've seen it in is in (inisinitinitis MADNESS) our Codex, but I haven't seen other old marine codices anyway. I was under the impression it's a BT model what with the full tabard and all, but when I got mine this week I noticed it doesn't have any embossed BT heraldry.

If I remember correctly (and I might not be as it was a long long time ago) this was a limited edition captain model that came in the first 3rd edition starter box I purchased. It was re-released as a BT Marshall with a combi-melta (instead of the Stormbolter) when Codex Armageddon came out. This is actually the very first HQ model I ever owned. I realized this when, after stripping off the top paint layer, I found he had originally been painted a bright green color I remember trying out before deciding to play Black Templars. That brought up a whole lot of nostalgia considering that box of models along with the artwork on the outside is what started me down the Templar path to begin with. yes.gif

Now that I'm all nostalgic again, I'm going to have to strip him down to base metal and repaint him in a much slower and more detailed manner. He deserves it. thumbsup.gif

VOW COMPLETE.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7323/9511722467_523bffb876_z.jpghttp://farm8.staticflickr.com/7331/9514509298_44b6b1644d.jpg

I swear its painted! Its Black and grey tones! Im not (that much of) a lazy neophyte!
LRC with Storm Bolter. I am no where near to be a painter, so this is my A game and I think I didnt do too bad

I finally got everything I needed and finished my small, 325 pt, crusader squad. i am looking for my camera now as I write this. Well done to all the brethren and their amazing vows completed! i hope net year my situation will be better and i can contribute much more!

Right, tons of things to do so ill be brief:

@marine: your completion is registered for 255pts. Well done!

@ Marshal Wolfhart: your completion is registered for 755pts! Is this a trend or what? :D

@ ShottyScotty: excellent! Completion registered!

@rychdarius: congrats for completing, but I need the pics to register it. You got 12hrs. ;)

I apologize for the poor quality of pics. i think I need a new camera. I don't know if you can see the tabards I sculpted myself and other hand-made extras I put the effort in on.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/rytchb42/CrusadeRytchdariusCrusadeSquad005_zps5425fe65.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b297/rytchb42/CrusadeRytchdariusCrusadeSquad004_zps520b18cc.jpg

I tried to take closer pics but they came out blurry. sad.png I'll try during the week to take some outside when the weather is nicer but it's almost 1:30am here. This a crusader squad- 10 neophytes, 10 initiates with 1 power fist, 1 melta gun, frag grenades, and crusader seals. 325 pts.

I posted the before pics in this thread: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/277624-crusade-rytchdarius/

i do hope this suffices. :) I also apologize to my fellow brethren I couldnt do more but things came up days after I made my promise for the first vow.

Archived