+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

@ spikyjakes: you are a huge inspiration mate! The force you built during the ETL is beyond awesome! Thanks for sharing it with those fantastic pics... :tu:

Completion and 5th vow registered!

Has anyone seen Keyaetus? He has a second outstanding vow and have not seen him here recently... I sure hope he makes it... :unsure:

Howdy Howdy, I lost hope when alot of my posts got removed, the thought of having to re-upload them nearly turned me from the path of the Lion. Then the powers of chaos (forever in me) started to poke and prod, making me try to forget the oath and repaint my legion as word bearers...or someone, I came so very close, but nay! I remain true to my oath.

So I need to paint the command squad and that's my oath complete...I'm just unsure whether I need to reupload everything again and if I need to also re-oath my second vow.

Praetors! I need guidance! (Not from any of the lesser legions ofcourse..)

Howdy Howdy, I lost hope when alot of my posts got removed, the thought of having to re-upload them nearly turned me from the path of the Lion. Then the powers of chaos (forever in me) started to poke and prod, making me try to forget the oath and repaint my legion as word bearers...or someone, I came so very close, but nay! I remain true to my oath.

So I need to paint the command squad and that's my oath complete...I'm just unsure whether I need to reupload everything again and if I need to also re-oath my second vow.

Praetors! I need guidance! (Not from any of the lesser legions ofcourse..)

No need to re-upload anything, Captain Semper has been keeping a record of everything that everyone has completed so far.

I think there was about 2 weeks worth of post that went with the recent trouble.

James

@durfast...stunning contemptor mate! well done...and thanks for the brass recipie, got it jotted down just before the crash..cant wait to see more.

final tactical squad done so I think that's vow complete...and once again I have to say what stunning models you are all producing! well done to you all!

and thank you capt semper for all your work you have put in to this event

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/31.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/32.jpg

Great stuff Caplain Mortis, that's what I like to see, another completion :D

Talking of completions.......

Here's Vow no.5 all done;

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/spikyjames/PH%20World%20Eaters/null_zpse498c645.jpg

And here they are with the other three and their Adept (if I'd known I was get it done in plenty of time I'd have added him as well)

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/spikyjames/PH%20World%20Eaters/null_zpsa9c1f801.jpg

I think that's the best part of 4000+ points I've done over my 5 vows :D

James

I have to say, I am loving the beetle black heads on the Mechanicus units. I had only seen the unpainted models, and I didn't really like how they molded the heads. Making them black glass domes gives them an absolutely amazing sci-fi look.

Thank you for taking my one dislike and turning it into a major like.

First the official stuff: both Chaplain Mortis' and Spikyjames' completions are registered! Congrats guys!

@ Chaplain Mortis: Beutiful Death Guards there Chaplain! I really like the image of ranked DG - it's so... Heresy-like! :D And the individual work you put on each mini it shows and speaks tons of your skill - well done! :tu:

@ spikyjames: Right. Put them all on the table and take a pic with everything! I think your 4,358pts deserve a family pic! :)

@ spikyjames: Right. Put them all on the table and take a pic with everything! I think your 4,358pts deserve a family pic! :)

I'll take a pic later, unfortunately it'll only be the World Eaters due to the Sons of Horus now being in the US, there is still 3500 ish points of them though. :D

James

Hey guys. Again really sorry for not getting my vow done. I left it a bit late to start painting and rl has got in the way massively. Was hoping to at least give you a pic of one finished model but I don't that's going to happen. Still I'm thinking of starting something new, so I will keep an eye on whatever painting challenges you throw at us next Captain Semper, although I now know not to get over ambitious with what I say I will paint.

Its been great to watch this thread unfold, I have seen some fantastic models and got some really good ideas from you all.

Right, I have decided that you all paint too fast. Please slow down. :p Apart from Demon, who, like me, is more than a bit rubish in that regard, and therefore awesome. :) And so I hearby, and with absolutely no authority to do so, declare Demon and I the winners of this years ETL! Congratulations us! ;)

In all seriousness, it has been a real pleasure seeing all of your work over the past few months. The standard of painting and modelling had been excellent, and i hope you are all justly proud of your efforts. :)

It's like a little auspex type thing that comes with the AC kit. The original pose was going to be him stood like but with him looking down into an auspex in his left hand, but then I found that and realised I'd be straying into "Yo Dawg" territory if I gave him two of them. rolleyes.gif

And yes, I very much fear all my models will be like this. ohmy.png When this army started I stuck a little bit of brass etch on my first mkIV marine, just to jazz him up a bit. Then I started repositioning arms. Then I decided to have a go at re-sculpting plastic torsos into earlier armour marks. Now I've scratch built some legs. I fear I may becoming the modelling equivalent of an iron Hand. ohmy.png This time next year I'll probably have replaced all my limbs with sculpting tools crafted out of greenstuff. msn-wink.gif

What do you mean, "closest"? He looks superb! That blue is the perfect shade for the Alpha Legion, and that silvery-gold is sublime. I also love the fact he's not finished, there aren't ten him and you aren't blithely informing us that you'll have twenty more of his mates done by half past yesterday! msn-wink.gif

Cheers mate :) I still have lots to do though, the metal isn't finished, I need to add some markings, like Hydras on the chest piece, and the claws need a good healthy bit of lightening. Plus I'm no where near getting the rest of my vow to this stage and have to time to paint.

Archived