+++E Tenebrae Lux II - Horus Heresy Strategium+++

Finished my first tactical squad, no the sharpest of pics;

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/spikyjames/PH%20World%20Eaters/DSC_0011_zpsb1d57cf0.jpg

And here's whats next;

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d42/spikyjames/PH%20World%20Eaters/DSC_0021_zps73253051.jpg

Legion Centurion and Rampager squad.

I'll be putting more pictures on my blog over the next day or so.

James

@spikeyjames: they look fantastic! I really wish the pic had better focus so we could appreciate the details more... Like the blood splattered all over the armour! ;)

@ Lucian: you make the DAs proud brother! The claws look really great with the lightning effect! About the reflection on the legs, maybe add another layer to make it fade more smoothly? Or is it the flashlight that makes everything really sharp? :) still way better than anything I could do so yeah, keep it up! :tu:

Damm fine marines right there.

Edit:

VIP of the first of five cataphractii terminators. Totally new to OSL from weapons.. Sadly its raining like crazy here, so I cant go out and prime the remaining 4 -.-

gallery_56449_8109_255427.png

Invest in brush on primer. It will save you a lot of headache. :)

Cracking work guys!

@MordentHex - Really liking the OSL on those power claws, agree though that the transition could be a little smoother. Really great work though.

@spikeyjames - Another brilliant squad, james, but I'm not particularly enamoured of the sergeants face. I don't know if it's simply the sculpt or the way you've shaded around the eyes and nose, but it looks to me like he's just realised someone in his squad has farted. biggrin.png Looks a bit funny to me for a raging berserker. smile.png

Got cracking on my own vow this weekend, and completed one whole legionary (Not much for 2 days work when compared to James' mighty effort, I know, but he's a well known cyborg sent back from the future to make slow painters like me feel rubbish about their output! msn-wink.gif)!

They were forged with a singular desire. To be Incomparable. Unstoppable.
Immortal. No matter what horrors should await them out beyond the dark,
they would endure and overcome. For the glory of Mankind.

But there was one foe they were never designed to face. A trial to which no
one had even conceived of putting them. When brother turned against
brother and the stars themselves wept blood, the Astartes found in
themselves an enemy they had never before encountered. Equals.

And so, amidst the shattered ruins of Istvaan III, the immortal warriors
finally came face to face with their own mortality. They died in droves.

- Unknown

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000143_zps4a7810bf.jpg

Here he is with the other 4 members of his squad, but only his points are eligible. giving me a whopping 15 compared to James' 45,233,81! msn-wink.gif

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000134_zps9b298ffa.jpg

amazing work again guys!

my hat is off to all of you!

if nothing else, there will be loads of mouth watering armies coming from the heresy forum!

and @ spikeyjames...you will have to share the recipie for the world eaters! please!!!

amazing work again guys!

my hat is off to all of you!

if nothing else, there will be loads of mouth watering armies coming from the heresy forum!

and @ spikeyjames...you will have to share the recipie for the world eaters! please!!!

We may be a lot fewer than some of the other subforums, but we are legion. ^^

"I'm not an Ultramarine" LOL!!!!

So the Vindi is done, (super cool btw :tu: ), the Praetor is done and half the assault squad is done... Plenty to go still, so keep it up! :D

HORUS HERESY
Here we enter the realm of the connoisseurs… The deep understanding of the soul of each Legion can be seen in the work of the Great 16 who strive for perfection both in terms of technical quality and capturing the feel of this legendary bygone era! Although extremely difficult to challenge the more numerous factions, they are in a battle with their own souls (which is very appropriate in the HH context). So can they muster a completion rate close to 100%? Alternatively, can they muster the highest completion rate of the entire event? We’ll be closely watching…

What say you brothers? Shall we strive for  the 100% completion and show the others how determined we are?

The imperium of mankind was build on the shoulders of the Legions, now is our chance to prove ourselves worth again!

(No, don't mention how we almost wiped out the imperium later...)

Im trying my damnedest...Literally!!

Edit. Finished the terminators a few minutes ago, need to add a little brown in with the blood, other than that im done andthey will be on the way to being sealed with the others.

Try to get better pictures tomorrow when the lighting is better and maybe add my own unique sense of humor too. tongue.png

Link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/248163-mordenthexs-chaos-workshop-of-heresy/?p=3398143

Next up! Dreadnought! should be fast enough. :)

A sort of update. Im still waiting for the last bits to finish off my Praetor, and trying to find the energy to finish sculpting the Alpha Legion symbol onto the Contemptor. As I want to get painting I'm going to get started on the Recon squad and Master of Signal, then finish the rest up when the final bits arrive. Hope to get some pics by the end of next week.

Converted Vox operator completed. :)

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000171_zps730b08a8.jpg

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l38/RAPTOR192/Citadel%20Minatures/Emperors%20Children/P1000174_zps347fb121.jpg

@ Spikeyjames: There is savage and then there is spikeyjames WEs... :lol: This is developing into an amazing force! Can't wait for a group pic!

@ Laborious: Great progress and very well made Laborious... You gotta love the vox minis - so evocative! :D Keep it up!

@ Zhoolda: You can still take part as an out-of-competition entry. Check your PM! ;)

Well, ideally you can replace it with an equal points figure of less... You can go a bit more if you cannot come up with anything else, but what I want to avoid is people bypassing the 5-vow limit by signifiacntly altering their vows.

Master of signal is out but there are plenty of other Centurions out there for you to choose... Just dont come up with three super-heavies ;)

Archived