ETL2 log - Longfang66

Greetings one and all to my ETL2 thread. I hope to do justice to the Eternal Crusade, and hopefully together we can give those lesser chapters a good paddlin!! Without further ado, here are the pictures of the models in my first vow.

gallery_55332_8585_1219574.jpg

gallery_55332_8585_631989.jpg

gallery_55332_8585_785902.jpg

gallery_55332_8585_327122.jpg

gallery_55332_8585_871167.jpg

gallery_55332_8585_1654777.jpg

Seem's good Brother, Emperor is proud of your dedication, none shall find you wanting.

Awesome model's, and also a good number of models :D

I wish I had that many to paint, especially the Land Raider, very eager to it done.

Also what is that on the first backpack?

Lord bless.

Nice models. I've always liked that Chaplain model. Sadly I already own 3, and don't need more. tongue.png Land Raiders on the other hand! Judging from the model, you've got yourself a standard LR? With FW doors, offcourse! happy.png

You can't go wrong with the Emperor's Champion. Ever. (he's mandatory. wink.png)

I do like the excessive amount of Crosses you put on the Rhino! thumbsup.gif

I'm very eager to see your treatment on your chaplain. You do your chapter proud with your dedication.

Onwards brother!

P.S. I totally dig your sig

Update time already! I began painting as soon as I made my vow, and a number of these have been sitting on my desk finished for a week or so. First up, the Crusader squad with its Rhino transport.

gallery_55332_8585_1151470.jpg

gallery_55332_8585_406423.jpg

Next, the Vindicator. I feel I could do more on the dozer blade/shield, but for now it is finished. Don't think it would suit hazard stripes.

gallery_55332_8585_173037.jpg

gallery_55332_8585_121194.jpg

And last up, the Reclusiarch, which I just finished this afternoon. Really pleased with how he turned out.

gallery_55332_8585_322998.jpg

I'll get the Emperors Champion finished tomorrow, and then i've got a few days off work, so I can probably complete the Land Raider, and then think on my next vow.

For Sigismund, and the Eternal Crusade Brothers.

Nice going! I'm loving those Crusaders. Do you use the Transfer sheet on the shoulder pads? If so, tell me your secret! ph34r.png

The Dozer blade needs a huge slogan on it, preferably something which glorifies the Templars or the Emperor, or denounces your opponents as Heretics, witches or Unclean...people...things...xenos...whatever. devil.gif

Loving the clean detail work on the Chaplain. thumbsup.gif

Andhil, thanks Brother.

As for the shoulder pads, they're Forgeworld decals. I put down a layer of gloss varnish first, and leave to thoroughly dry. I use Micro Sol and Micro Set when applying the decal. It does make them very fragile, so care needs to be taken. Once dry, I apply another coat of gloss varnish to give it a bit of protection. There, not a secret anymore, but don't tell anyone.

Nice going! I'm loving those Crusaders. Do you use the Transfer sheet on the shoulder pads? If so, tell me your secret! ph34r.png

The Dozer blade needs a huge slogan on it, preferably something which glorifies the Templars or the Emperor, or denounces your opponents as Heretics, witches or Unclean...people...things...xenos...whatever. devil.gif

Loving the clean detail work on the Chaplain. thumbsup.gif

Andhil, if I were to use the crosses on the transfer sheet - and I'm not saying I do! Hjolda! - and I didn't use solvent, I'd take my Exacto knife and cut slits in the transfer between all of the arms on the cross before soaking it. I'll betcha you won't have any problem gettin' 'em to sit really purty on them curved shoulder pads after that.

Again, thank you for the comments Brothers. Land raider has most of the detail colours blocked out, but not much time for anything else as I had a few games yesterday instead. Two wins and a loss, so not a bad day, even if I lost to Tau on the last game, dirty xenos. Pictures tomorrow of the LR and the finished EC.

Greetings again Brothers. Thank you all for your comments and ongoing support.

First up tonight, pictures of my finished Emperors Champion. This is just the standard model as I plan on taking my Templars to Throne of Skulls in a few weeks, and if they make a model for a codex entry, you're supposed to use it!

gallery_55332_8585_603555.jpg

gallery_55332_8585_49713.jpg

And to round off todays work, a WIP progress photo of my land raider, the last model in my first vow. Huzzah!

gallery_55332_8585_970718.jpg

gallery_55332_8585_610907.jpg

gallery_55332_8585_797005.jpg

So, tomorrow I should get the bulk of the LR finished, and then its on to decals. C&C as always Brothers.

eek.gif

Again, I am amazed at how clean that looks. The Front hatch on that LR looks amazing.

You are forcing me to repeat myself when I say that your EC's looks great, and very cleanly done. tongue.png

And, once again, I eagerly await your next pictures. You do the Templars proud, Brother! Keep up the good work! thumbsup.gif

Keep the photos coming. These look great. Clean models are very inspiring (a little too much so -- I have an exam next week, but after looking at pics on the BT forums, all I want to do is get to work on my vow).

Nice choice on the banners hanging at the front sides of the LRC, btw -- they match one another in style, but I notice you have them both blowing slightly back as if the LRC is in motion.

~K

Some pretty sweet stuff here. I do enjoy the cartoony style of flat, unblended colors like what you've done on the Champ's tabard and the seals. The lascannon's coils came out quite well too.

But skipping all the edge highlighting on infantry models strikes me as cheating when it comes to Templars tongue.png

There's the unfortunate problem of your black paint touch ups on the vehicles, particularly the side shot of the Raider. Unfortunately the Chaos Black paint is a shade different than the Primer, so with a certain lighting it really stands out when you used the former on top of the latter sad.png

I've always hated that, especially because it stands out like a sore thumb when used to clean up the edging on vehicles. wallbash.gif

Thanks Brothers for all your comments.

Andhil - should have a photo of the LR tomorrow.

Krikey - thanks, and good look with the exams.

Firepower - I do a subtle edge highlight on the majority of the figure, but it doesn't show very well in the photos. I not a big fan of heavy edge highlighting, and my hands arent as steady as they once were lol. As for the black, I ran out of chaos black spray and used some army painter black instead. I don't like the shineyness, and its a pain to paint over with chaos black. As for the touch-ups, I assume you're referring to the front panels. These were going to be off-white, but I've decided to leave them black, and have painted them in since the photo was taken.

Thanks for looking guys.

I've never liked the look of most highlighting I've seen. Some guys do amazing work, and then it looks awesome, but imo it needs to be done perfectly, or it'll look silly. And I, granted, am lazy bum who doesn't want to spend hours of highlighting with 3 different tones of grey. dry.png

I am not rich in money or time, so I just spend what little I have of the latter in my detail work. But that's just my humble opinion. tongue.png

I can't wait for your LR picture, Brother longfang! smile.png

Judging by how well your scripting is done, I'm hoping some day my hand gets to be as shaky as your. I like what I see. A lot.

I also very much like your EC. The classic sculpting on the figure doesn't seem to beg for too much attention. I also like how you did your sword.

Onwards Brother!

Greeting everyone. Today I present my finished Land Raider, and with it the completion of my first vow!

gallery_55332_8585_96699.jpg

gallery_55332_8585_760276.jpg

gallery_55332_8585_1836102.jpg

So, what to do next? Well i've got a Terminator command squad on my desk, and a TDA Marshal WIP awaiting a few bits I ordered, so it looks like those and maybe my contemptor. Keep checking in Brothers, and thanks again for the support.

Nice and motivating. I also have LR on my vow do here are some nice ideas. Tell me one thing those letters on sponsons (cross and letters on red part of LC sponsons) are decals or they're freehand. If decals tellme where you get them.

Archived