I think the fingers look great - what makes it look sketchy is the fact that you sculpted the thumbs as fingers. If you look at the picture you took as inspiration, you see that the thumbs begin just below halfway between the ears and the eyes, not immediately below the eyes like the fingers. Does that maybe help?

I didn't sculpt the thumbs at all and there's only eight fingers there - I knew it wasn't going to be easy and wanted as much time with the GS working window to devote to the clasped fingers and would add the thumbs in later if I liked it.

Ah right, I see now - I didn't count the fingers. Reason I thought the top-most one was a thumb was because it bends. Made me think - wait, if that thing would have been only a millimeter or two to the left (from the viewers POV) it'd look perfect. 

Still, amazing work. 

Ludo, don't worry man, I'm ten times harder on my work than anyone commenting here is, and I've just finished the second attempt on the mask. It does look better, but I'll wait until I get some pics of it to really judge it. This face mask has really kind of hit home that I need to get some kind of magnifier for work this detailed.

For the priest?

Here's the figure painted, so it might give a better idea of how it looks than the bare metal.

http://i914.photobucket.com/albums/ac348/RackhamMiniatures/Griffins%20of%20Akkylannie/SeredTemplarCommander.jpg

I think it's his waist and legs that are throwing me, they seem out of proportion; the waist seems a bit wasp-ish, and his legs look too short for his upper body.

Eh, maybe it's just me, though....

I did get that, though I wasn't sure if it was metal made in the likeness of hands or leather made from real hands. Either way I think you are closer to the mark than you are letting yourself accept. Though what do I know, except that it is excellent work :-) Edited by Fenbain

The fingers don't look right at all. Try putting your hands together clasped, the fingers wouldn't sit like you have them, they would be raised resting over the other hand. If you want them to sit in the gaps of the fingers there isn't really enough room (unless I have strangle proportioned fingers). As it is the fingers looks odd because they are to small.

Kudos for trying to tackle this man, I feel like if all the fingers were a bit longer it would really help pull the look off.

Exactly what I was thinking. If you make the fingers just a wee bit longer, it'll look much better.

However, second attempt is better than the first :tu:

Alright, damogaur sketch complete.

http://i.imgur.com/1ZNrLwC.png

Now to start finishing it up. Gotta sculpt a new hand holding the combat shotgun, add some pouches and whatnots, and add the backpack to run the rebreather.

The knee pad is one of those things that looked OK while I was working on it, but having not seen it since last night at looking at the pics again... yikes.

Here's a better look at the shotgun I converted.

http://i.imgur.com/DbISY7s.png

It's a tad large, but without building something completely from scratch (which I don't have time to do for this event), I couldn't find anything else handy that had the sort of brutal feel I was wanting from it.

I feel like an alternate position for the shotgun might be in order. It's in what seems like a very un-natural position, more like he just picked it up than he's planning to shoot people in the face with it.