Regular SOB looks great! I know its early WIP but the gap between the female termie legs is pretty huge,  looks a bit off.  I also would of thought the legs would be a bit longer? 

The MK IV jump pack is WAY too big to fit between the wings. Since she's working for an Inquisitor, I figure they were able to get her some kind of fancy anti-grav propulsion system in place of the old Seraphim jump pack, represented by the rods just behind her arms. I could snip a few more off of some PA GK backpacks and add them to her spine.

Brilliant !!

The DE models works very well, I think, for skinny or female humans. 

I like the body position. 

I would, and with the GS skills that you have it will be a walk in the park, add details to take the armor as far away from the DE armor as possible. 

The boltguns might be a little big. My immediate idea associate to seraphim is the one sculpted by Goodwin, the one with a flamer. 

I´m using the same kit but going into Tzeentch direction :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a small update for Sister Sneer, adding the connector parts for whatever the cables around the collar are supposed to be, and the front half of her... habit... thing.

http://i.imgur.com/xkA6fMY.png

I also did the back side of it today, but someone picked it up from my desk and put a giant thumb print right in the middle of it. I'll have another go at it tomorrow.

Funny how little people with tiny fingerprints always get away with murder :)

Regarding the sista:  great work.

Your sculpting manages to take away the Dark Eldar original model. So it's pretty impressive.

I always found strange that sister were having the same haircut. Maybe it's somewhere in the background.

I wonder if another haircut will take away from their holyness or not.

big fan as usual

I don't have any kids. It's my younger brother, who's just barely a year younger than me. >_>

Today turned into one of those days where I intended to get a lot of stuff done and life kept getting in the way. I did a little work, adding a little more surface area to Sister Sneer's shoulder pads, started chopping up a marine backpack for her to use, and also did some more stuff on the Seraphim - who wouldn't stay blue tacked together long enough for me to photograph and I didn't want to glue her all together just yet.

http://i.imgur.com/sG3QzAt.png

So just have to finish the back of the habit, do a little work at the ankle joints to blend them into the feet a little better, put the gloves on the arms and then the habit sleeves, finish the backpack, and do some decorations on the shoulder pads. Damn, it sounds like a lot more when I type it all out like that. *sigh*

She looks awesome. My only complaint is how large the bolter is. The weight and power is convincing, but the Godwyn-Deaz fits unaltered human proportions much better. Perhaps a modified Umbra pattern could pass for its sleeker appearance? Eh, something minor to fuss over.

Oh, and the Seraphim is another level of kickass.

By the way, I'm working on something that might rekindle your interest in a certain Legion. ;)

I agree that the bolter looks too big, but there's not any Godwyn-Deaz available as separate bits as far as I know, and the cheapest Umbras I've seen on eBay were ~$30 for a set of ten or parted out that would come to almost $10 each. Either way, it's a bit too much for a single conversion. It's too bad the new combi-weapon sets are Tigris and not Umbra pattern(or Phobos, for that matter).

Maybe I can find a cheap recast of the FW boarding marine with his combi-melta Umbra weapon. I bought one of them a while back and unfortunately, the bolter was miscast pretty badly.

I think I've decided to give the Seraphim flamers, but instead of doing hand flamers, the idea I have is to make them underslung on the arms with the fuel tank at the small of her back. Or something. Glad you like her early mock-up, though. :)

What do you have in mind for a certain Legion? My interest is still at the smoldering coals level, mostly waiting for me to dig myself out of the financial hole I've been in for the last year and a half so I can buy some more resin. I can see a light ahead and maybe even catch a whiff of fresh air, so I hope it won't be too much longer.

Time to build your own smaller guns, you lazy sculptor :D

or add some belts or servo arms on the armor.

The big gun should look smaller when she'll have some sleeves on

We wouldn't want the daughters of the Emperor to catch a cold, right?

I think that the bolter is quite a good fit to be honest. Yes, it's massive, but they are meant to be huge after all. This one just looks particularly big because it's a combi-weapon. With power armour they would have a few strength enhancements, not on a par with marines admittedly, but still a bit. If you hook it up to the backpack perhaps, like hellfire lasrifles on the old storm troopers and Kasrkin maybe that'd justify it better?

Inspirational work, Brother-Chaplain. The conversion work is fantastic; they're immediately recognisable as Sisters but have a modern feeling. 

If you're unsure about the boltgun, perhaps you might consider the FW Umbra pattern ones? They're slightly than the standard boltguns. Alternatively, you might look at boltpistols. While they look small compared to boltguns, I think they'll fit convincingly in the hands of these slight Sisters.

+Edit+ Derp; just read your note about the Umbra bolters' price. You might be able to find some RTB01 boltguns/marines much more cheaply. These are slightly smaller, and with a little trim and shifting backwards of hte magazine, look near-identical. How about that?

Edited by Apologist

So, I dug around until I located the Umbra combi-bolter from that FW boarding marine. The miscasting issues weren't quite as bad as I remembered, and luckily, most of it is on the left side of the bolter. I think it works really well.

http://i.imgur.com/oOmRtyq.png

I've also started on a respirator head for the Seraphim, blending in the Cadian bit so it looks a little more natural than the bit just glued onto her face, as well as trimming down the long xenos toe armor.

http://i.imgur.com/X8hWkIs.png

I think I'll remove her from the base and straighten up the legs a little bit, so she's more properly vertical. I tried to heat up the wings so I could bend them into a different pose, but that didn't work very well and I nearly broke one of them.

I think that the bolter is quite a good fit to be honest. Yes, it's massive, but they are meant to be huge after all. This one just looks particularly big because it's a combi-weapon.

True, but I did think it was a touch too big, and the new Umbra is here to stay. Here's some comparison pics of the different bolter sizes:

http://i.imgur.com/aeLotzZ.png

Inspirational work, Brother-Chaplain. The conversion work is fantastic; they're immediately recognisable as Sisters but have a modern feeling.

Exactly what I was hoping for! Thanks for that, brother.

I like it, nice archaic look. Definitely a step in the right direction. 

It's been many steps to get this far, lol. Augh, curse of the builder.

yes yes yes 

the seraphim is going to be great !!!

I hope so. :smile.:

I had a fairly productive time last night and this afternoon with Sister Sneer. 

...that sounds... wrong.

Anyway, sleeves, back of the habit-thingy, a skull for thing on her chest that the hoses connect to for God-Emperor knows what reason(which you can barely see from the angles of the photos), and trying out a backpack from a chopped up marine version.

http://i.imgur.com/w8UU6Ni.png

I'm about 80% on the right sleeve and quite a bit less on the left one. It just wasn't cooperating with me for some reason.

I think the finish line is in sight now; not too much left to do on this one.