Looks fantastic, BCK! I honestly don't think the original combi-melta was too big, the Umbra one isn't that much smaller, IMO, but they both look nice. The small skull is very cool. Do you have any further flourishes in mind for the armor to enhance its "SoB-ness"?

So far, the fleur de lis decorations are absent, and since I'm going to be doing 3-4 Sisters, what I'm going to attempt on my next day off is sculpting several of them of vayring sizes out of a polymer clay, baking it, and then making press molds out of them. Beyond a few grenades and the rosary, that's about it.

Looking really good and solid .

The robs make a huge different.

Doesn't look eldar anymore.

The backpack works.

Could have been cool to use something more religious like for the vent. Maybe some dark angel parts or other kits. Maybe even a modified chaos backpack would have looked gothic no?

She looks balanced, human size, and fierce

So great freaking work ... as usual

I did a little painting on my Vostroyans today, very aware of the ETL deadline looming on the horizon, and also wanted to start work on the third SoB for the =][= retinue, but I had a hankering to do something for my VIII Legion.

Thanks in advance to Heathens for a bits care package he sent me a little while back containing a few of the beautiful Phobos bolters.

http://i.imgur.com/Iipuv5p.png

The helm mod is my own version of one of the Iron Hands heads from the upgrade pack. I wish I could buy about 20 of just that helmet, but alas, I might just have to convert all of the ones I want.

Ah the 8th... you know where it's at :wink:

Business is looking good buddy. Can't wait to see Sister Sneers and Sister Aerial Antipathy come all the way together.

Aerial Antipathy, lol. I like that. But yes, too long had I been away from my Crimson Sons. Even if it was just a quick mock up and a 15 minute conversion on the helm, it felt good to do.

And God-Emperor, woman, how many of those Frozen avatars do you have?!

Glad to hear it! You definitely do the 8th justice. 

And as for Elsa avatars? So, so many. I've only done two elements so far :wink:

I'm surprised you haven't found or had done an Elsa-SoB crossover yet.

I'm glad you and some other folks think I do the VIII Legion well. Speaking of which, I think the winds have died completely on my =][= dabblings and shifted back to my sons at full force. Another mock up today for a Night Raptor member.

http://i.imgur.com/XNBWukl.png

Oh boy, do I love these HH models.

http://i.imgur.com/XNBWukl.png

Oh boy, do I love these HH models.

The HH models are awesome! I really like your approach to the 8th it's not garnished in skin and skulls (I do like that aswell alot) but it's different look forward to more

The HH models are awesome! I really like your approach to the 8th it's not garnished in skin and skulls (I do like that aswell alot) but it's different look forward to more

The Crimson Sons are all Terrans and split off from the Legion after their campaign in Oxitania during the Unification Wars, and I envision them a lot differently than what the Legion became after Nostramo and Kurze were found. I didn't want any of the large bat wing decorations or gory trophies usually associated with the VIII.

He's one (series of letters samuel L. Jackson is known for)!

lol, thanks

I was asked how that chest piece would look with other heads, so here's the MK III and IV:

http://i.imgur.com/eiDozIU.png

The collar is a bit restrictive with the lower jaw and chin on the MK III, but not so bad that it can't be used. I think I'll still go with the MK II. The mono-eye slit seems to look more menacing, imo.

The collar is a bit restrictive with the lower jaw and chin on the MK III, but not so bad that it can't be used. I think I'll still go with the MK II. The mono-eye slit seems to look more menacing, imo.

It's not even just the monoslit eye piece BCK, it's that the mk 2 helmet and it's roundness perfectly accentuates the curvature of the torso, shoulder pads, knee pads (with the unobstructed rim on the helmet mirroring the trim on the leg plating) and even the gauntlets the lightning claws are housed on.  The mk 3 helmet, by contrast, has a harshness in its mouthpiece angularity that disrupts the flow of the model in terms of aesthetics. 

So yeah, mk 2 is the way to go in my mind. 

I'm liking the MK2 better as well.

I think it looks a little more integrated into the war plate. I really like how the bottom just dips under the collar of the chest piece, kinda like Ashen Circle lite.

I approve :thumbsup:

Definitely mk.II, imho

Yeah, it just works better.

Yep, mk II is best. A real brutal looking fellow.

Brutal is exactly what I was going for. ;)

It's not even just the monoslit eye piece BCK, it's that the mk 2 helmet and it's roundness perfectly accentuates the curvature of the torso, shoulder pads, knee pads (with the unobstructed rim on the helmet mirroring the trim on the leg plating) and even the gauntlets the lightning claws are housed on.  The mk 3 helmet, by contrast, has a harshness in its mouthpiece angularity that disrupts the flow of the model in terms of aesthetics. 

So yeah, mk 2 is the way to go in my mind. 

I hadn't considered all that, but you're right. All the pieces do flow together really well.

I prefer the Mk III to the Mk II. Aren't those Mk III shoulder pads and legs as well? I can't quite place the torso and jump pack.

MK II helmet and jump pack, Death Guard torso from the upgrade kit, MK III legs and right shoulder pad, MK III Legion Praetor left shoulder pad, and MK IV lightning claw arms. Special thanks yet again to 1000Heathens for the arms and helmet in his bits gift pack.

MKII Head for the win, those single eye slits are brutal, some of my favorite!

I like the helmets and shoulder pads of MK II, the arms are ok, but I don't care for the chest or legs at all, so I'm definitely going to mix and match some of that in with the MK III.

I agree with the others, mark II works best. He looks very menacing.

This is giving me an idea for XIX legion predatory fleet. And by idea I mean rip off. Except in very dark grey.

Glad you like it, and just shoot me a line when you recreate it. ;)

I'm liking the MK2 better as well.

I think it looks a little more integrated into the war plate. I really like how the bottom just dips under the collar of the chest piece, kinda like Ashen Circle lite.

I approve :thumbsup:

Funny you mention that, because that big collar and the helmet of the Ashen Circle is the best thing about them, imho. The axes and under-slung flamers are a close second, but the disco-dancing poses and all the goofy sigils carved into the armor is very meh.

Has to be mkII for me too, looks awesome.

Whilst mkIII is my favourite in general, that mini specifically looks awesome with the mkII helm :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jono

Right there with ya, Hex and Grot - MK III and MK IV are the two champs of the HH armor marks as far as I'm concerned, but the MK II helm does good if used correctly. :D

Thanks for all the encouraging comments, brothers and sister. It's always nice to know that a kit bashed figure strikes a chord with the other members of the board. More soon.

-BCK

Red Rover...

http://i.imgur.com/mLdsbZC.jpg?1

Red Rover...

http://i.imgur.com/aX8Iz2u.png

Let the Dusk Raiders come over.

http://i.imgur.com/EwEhg93.png

Once again, red paint is being a complete PITA to photograph. In the second picture, it's much darker than the actual paint, and in the third, it's much brighter.  *sigh*

I've wanted some of these Grave Wardens since they first came out, and I'm liking how they're shaping up. Although, I will say that assembling them was one of the worst experiences I've had with FW models. The top of the waist area, just above the big belt buckle, that's supposed to mate with the underside of the torso, isn't tall enough to actually touch the torso. In addition to that, without modification, the torso sits very low on the legs to the point of the extended hip armor on the legs being hidden under the torso. It makes them look really squat and weird. I used brass rod to pin the figure together as well as lengthen the waist to normal proportions, and filled the gaps that would be visible with green stuff.

Even though I have another five of these guys to assemble, I am not looking forward to it.

But damn they're pretty.

Ooooh, pretty. 

Can't wait to see what you do with these Kage. Out of all the specialized terminators, these are probably my favorite.