It's hard to really judge the proportion legs at the moment as it doesn't really look like power armour, but ones you've bulked out the waste and added so detail to the legs I'm sure the propotions will look better. On his bum, what I want yo know if why he has the rune for day (a question for GW really)

It's hard to really judge the proportion legs at the moment as it doesn't really look like power armour, but ones you've bulked out the waste and added so detail to the legs I'm sure the propotions will look better. On his bum, what I want yo know if why he has the rune for day (a question for GW really)

Oh that's easy, The Hydra.

Those are his day-pants!

BCK: nice truescaling you've got going on!

I think  the upper arms are too small now. Elbows reach to slightly below the rib cage. An armoured elbow would reach almost to the upper hips. So I'm glad you said you might go back to that (also to free up the chest piece to do some sweet detail there. ;)

What happened to all that glorious Space Wolf detail on the greaves???

somehow I managed to miss about 85 pages and was referring to a really early mini. I blame being distracted by small children.

Awesome work and plenty more for me to read through to catch up properly. 

Ah, you're probably talking about Maestoros. He's the only one of the four Iron Warriors I finished from the very start of this thread.

What happened to all that glorious Space Wolf detail on the greaves???

Well, you know how I have to do things differently, right? This guy isn't going to look like your typical 40k Wolf.

I got a little update on the wolf.

http://i.imgur.com/q9hfDye.png

Got the arms in a better position, and although hard to tell from the angle and because the left slipped a little from not being glued in place, he's resting the end of the plascannon on his knee pad. It lined up that way once while I was moving the weapon and the longer arms around to see the range of motion I had, and I thought that might be something he does when at ease to take some of the weight of the weapon.

The body is now all one piece and I'm getting closer to finishing up the torso.

http://i.imgur.com/ou2nGVA.png

Edited by Brother Chaplain Kage

Well... no. At first I had planned on leaving them how they were, though the wolf skull and celtic knot looking stuff on the right leg looked like crap because of finecast, but then I decided that normal true scale wasn't going to be big enough for the warband and I wanted to increase the size of the greaves. I am going to sculpt some similar stuff back on, but I work slow. :(

Looking good although it is a shame about losing a lot (all) of the details. I almost feel you could have gone with a bog-standard terminator. Did you make press moulds of any of the designs which you liked, so you could add some back in.

I am looking forward to seeing how this guy turns out. Are you going down the same lines design/ visually as teh Space Wolf you tried working on earlier in the year?

I'll reserve the Wolf-howls & tears until we see the end result ;)

PS there is no such thing as a typical wolf :D

Pose looks great now. The arms have the right length and he looks very natural and dynamic, even though he's at ease. :thumbsup:

For these warbands, I didn't want a bunch of action poses. A few here and there, but one of the challenges I set myself was to see what I could to make good non-action poses.

Looking good although it is a shame about losing a lot (all) of the details. I almost feel you could have gone with a bog-standard terminator.

PS there is no such thing as a typical wolf :biggrin.:

Like I told Heinrich, originally I hadn't planned on removing all of the wolfy bling. No, I didn't make press molds because the only thing that might have been a challenge to sculpt back was the wolf skull and I have several plastic ones - one of which will be going back on his right greave. He won't look much like the 30k Wolf that I started because I wanted to do something to separate the 10k years of time between them.

And aren't the Wolves in 40k pretty much the same? Long hair, wolf pelt tabard with wolf skull, wolf pelt cloak, wolf skulls, teeth, and rune stones everywhere. Screaming bare head with funky hair do and some facial hair. Should I go on? I'm sure I could do a compilation of minis and art to show overdone and cliche the 40k Wolves aesthetic is.

Got some more work done on the chest, going for a Mk IV look.

http://i.imgur.com/DTwJtB1.png

With the arms (that aren't finished yet) and the gun.

http://i.imgur.com/dE9lWI4.png

Finally, I'd like some input on some head options I've chosen. Yes, most likely, he is going to be wearing a helmet, as long time readers may now I find it terribly unrealistic for marines to go running around in combat zones without a brain bucket on. That just makes it so much harder to believe that a Wolf could live long enough to become a Long Fang in the first place. Anyway, the contenders are:

http://i.imgur.com/XZOTNsD.png

...oddly enough the Centurion Head looks more to scale than the other alternatives so I'd probably use that as a base if its aesthetically not to your liking.

Damn, that wolf is looking pretty good!

I'd go with number 5 for a helm. Between the chunkier profile and those sweet optics, I'm sure you could make something awesome happen.

Not to be the voice of dissent among the ranks, but have you no actual SW helmets?

There are no helmets on Space Wolves.

Pretty sure I could find some photographic evidence to the contrary, but fair enough, I'll cast my vote for No.1. MK.2 always looks good no matter what.