Jeremy1391's Imperial Fists! Gravis captain 14Feb21

jeremy1391

Army painter daemonic yellow spray paint!

I then do my detail work (guns, decorations,pad rims etc.)

Any goofs I do I do a jagged black dot and fill in with lead beltcher (makes damage effects easy)

I then wash with seraphim sepia

That's it.

And that method has been working a treat on my IF!

Chaplain done

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/6B8F5115-E9CF-4205-8F9A-53E726C0EAB7-13513-00000BADDAE7D2B9_zpsd35cc2a5.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/55B102E4-BA73-4EAB-89CD-103929549062-13513-00000BADD47AEBBC_zps0570cfbc.jpg

Not too happy with him...

Well, the photo's a bit dark but I think he looks fine...good in fact...except for his eyes.

I'd recommend getting a very fine pen for doing eyes.

I use a Deleter Neopiko 003 for eyes and scribbletext on purity seals and the like. The finer the pen you can get, the better, though be sure not to make the whites too big. Don't want too much sanpaku. I sometimes use a fine brush and a flesh tone paint to narrow the eyes after doing the whites and pupils.

Not a bad fix, coulda been like me last night and applied the wash to a termi w/o doing the highlight, then be so anal that you go back and do the highlight, and have to then apply another layer of wash to dim the highlights, therefore ending up with 1 termi who is a shade bit darker than the rest.......was so pissed think I smoked 3 times before comming back inside to work on the next model.

My preferred method for doing eyes is to black the whole area out, then do two tiny blobs of white paint either side of where the pupil would be, using a Fine Detail Brush. This usually looks more convincing than trying to paint in the pupil over a white area.

My problem with most finecast and metal models eyes is that they arent clear there is almost always gunk in the eye area that needs cleaning, and the eye is never distinct enough.

So I got these guys done for my big game with cain21 tomorrow...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/91A0AEDA-0A13-4F0D-8BEC-535410944F7E-13934-00000C171EBF7569_zps77133141.jpg

That sergeant is awesome, the pose just screams "you came to the wrong planet heretic" 

Well tommorow he'll be screaming I am sorry I called you a heretic please dont kill me. ;)

Well the game was very fun, we played the siege warfare mission out of the sentinels of terra supplement.

Cain21 brought his force of imperial fists and salamanders

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/B6302A19-E5AC-4840-8AA4-8314A8483D73-14273-00000C6300FF3C52_zps9edaeaa1.jpg

His list looked like

Lysander

Terminators with 1 chainfist and assault cannon

Tactical squad with heavy bolter and a grav gun I think in a rhino

Scouts with bolters and a heavy bolter

Flak missile Devestator squad

Heavy bolter Devestator squad

Centurions with lascannons and missile launchers

A dakka pred

His allies were

Apothecary Herath Shen

Tactical squad melta multi melta combi melta

Rhino

Tactical squad melta multi melta combi melter

rhino

Grav centurions with hurricane bolters

Legion of the damned with combi grav melta multi melta

Storm talon with sky hammers

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/41407EAA-B534-4639-ADF5-002E2CC54CBF-14273-00000C631A7EB780_zpsfbeb471d.jpg

My list was

Epistolary korsway

Ml2, bones of ossract, force sword, bolt pistol

Chaplain markov

eye of hypnoth, bolt pistol, crozius

Fast attack

Storm talon

Sky hammer missiles, twin linked assault cannon

Bike squad

X2 grav guns, combi grav 2 extra bikes

Troops

Tactical squad

Vet sergeant bolt pistol power fist

7 bolters, grav gun

Rhino

Tactical squad

Veteran sergeant combi melta

Melta gun, missile launcher (flak), 7 bolters

Rhino

Tactical squad

Veteran sergeant combi melta, power sword

Melta gun, missile launcher (flak), x7 bolters

Rhino

Tactical squad

Veteran sergeant combi flamer

Flamer, heavy bolter, 7 bolters

Heavy support

Devestator centurions

X3 grav cannon and grav amp

X3 missile launcher

Omniscope

Devestator centurions

X3 grav cannon and grav amp

X3 missile launcher

Omniscope

Devestator squad

X2 missile launchers (flak), x2 lascannon, X4 bolter, sergeant bolter and signum

Predator

Twin las, lascannon sponsons

Predator

Twin las, lascannon sponsons

Assault terminators

X5 thunder hammer and storm shield

The table looked like this

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/E1A0478B-30F1-4B0D-A9F2-0394EFDAD82F-14273-00000C6326044336_zpsb18474ca.jpg

We rolled off to see who was the defender I "won" the roll off.

I deployed as such

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/EF3E9C34-9870-4386-8A9F-4682A2119B7E-14273-00000C632E509255_zpsa55c033c.jpg

I tried to make a rhino wall to prevent a break through of his troops and had all my tactical squads hidden in buildings, this stagnant deployment would ultimately be my undoing

My first turn was rather uneventful I killed a rhino yay.

Cain's first turn saw my librarian and his squad ultimately destroyed due to the combined fire of most of his army....

My turn 2 I reduced one of his salamander tactical squads to two men from the combined fire from a predator a storm talon and my bikes

My terminators whiffed on the charge against his bikes which would hurt me my next turn

Cain's turn two he killed my bikes and popped some rhinos and killed my terminators and my storm talon

His legion of the damned almost scattered off the board but managed to kill 7tactical marines

His scouts came in outflanking

His grav centurions shot my terminators to death

My turn three

I killed his legionnaire squad by pouring a 2 centurion squads and the remainder of a tac squad and my predator into them

One of my tactical squads charged his bike squad.... We kinda just had a slap fight and nothing happened...

His turn three

His talon showed up and finished off a tactical squad

His scout kill my pred

Lysander and pals show up near my bastion

He kills one of my centurions

His tactical squad joins the melee with the bikes I kill one he kills one... Slap fight..

My turn four

I pour fire from my chaplains squad, a grav centurion squad , a predator into lysanders squad and manage to kill two guys and put two wounds on Lysander ..... (Dice betrayal I full effect here)

Slap fight with bikes and tactical squad continues

His turn four

His grav centurions kill mine.... His las centurions blow up my other bastion killing 7 devestators in the process... His talon kills my predator.... LE sigh!

Lysander and pals charge multi charge my chaplains squad and my remaining bastion, I kill his sergeant with massed bolter fire, Lysander challenges, my sergeant accepts, I do a wound to Lysander, he kills my sergeant, his chainfist guy damages my bastion down to armor 11..... Sigh!

Tactical/bikes vs tactical slap fight continues.

My turn four

2 remaining devs whiff against his talon, centurions whiff against his talon.....

Lysander kills my chaplain I kill his assault cannon guy.

His turn four not much happened but I kill Lysander with my remaining tac marines!!!!

He kills my bastion..... That's it game over....

So in conclusion

My end: I screwed myself with my deployment, my dice betrayed me, siege warfare is stacked in the attackers favor of they run a fist list.

Cains end: great dice rolling, strong side deployment worked great, commuting all his forces to one side and just ploughing through own the day.

Moments of note: my slap fight champions tactical squad made me chuckle throughout the game, when I managed to kill Lysander with tactical marines I threw up my hands and shouted!

Well I guess I'll get back to the painting table... I at least know I'll win there!

Thanks Cain21 for a great game, next time you get to defend!

Edited by jeremy1391

Dont judge my army by that dev bolter squad, that was a trade that happened 2 hrs before game, everythi g else was painted tho.

But definately a fun game, and that mission is set in the attackers favor so much so that I dont know how the attacker could lose all I had to do was kill terrain or have a model in base with it at end of game.

And as for rematch, got a wedding this weekend but maby sunday if not the week after, but I think thats the big apoc weekend iirc, hopefully the strike force I ordered makes it here soon and I can bulk my fists more.

I just retread the rules for siege warfare.... You still won because your storm talon was touching the rubble of my other bastion but you can control it even if it suffers total collapse, still a very fun mission!

Defenders must be embarked or I base contact and no attacking units must be embarked or in base contact (even if a total collapse has occurred) .

Attackers must be embarked or I base contact and no or be embarked or in base contact (even if a total collapse has occurred) regardless of the presence of defenders.

It's on page 103 of sentinels of terra.

Some updates!

This is what happens when you buy your wife a new iPad!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/CD7A28FB-74A3-4A5D-B4A8-50CFD6818163-15514-00000D930320A12E_zps9cd122f0.jpg

Also tried my hand at a DIY predator executioner

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/FD389D95-3E37-4D78-A2DF-42392D5D08E1-15514-00000D92FDAB8D43_zps39b43cb8.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a148/jeremy1391/7FD7B7A1-9BFF-4C9B-944F-2F99BB51E7BC-15514-00000D92F7EA5AD6_zps991d86b1.jpg

Kinda rough but it's playable, I'm happy with it.