Vazzy's Big Heresy Thread-Word Bearer Test Scheme 4/7/16

Vazzy

Very subtle Assassin's Creed reference there, Vazzy. Nicely done, Brother!

These guys are top-notch, and a wonderful display of the Legion's dark side. Keep it up!

Thanks Dragonkin! I was wondering if anyone would catch it.

Loving it!

Your Carnifex can come chill out with my VIII Legion boys anytime. Sounds like they could have some interesting things to discuss.

Indeed. Indeed. Maybe one day I'll visit the VIII legion

Hadn't stopped in here for a while. Looking snazzy Vazzy. You've done the Ultramarines proud. Sorry to read about your troubles with the Storm Eagle. That's my favorite among the FW kits, but all the horror stories have put me off.

Appreciate it Veteran Sergeant. The Storm Eagle was a disaster but the Fire Raptor went together like a charm so it may have just been bad luck. I think it's more likely FW got their :cuss together but one way or another it happens.

The cape on your scout sergeant where is it from?

Once again Anvil Industries delivers. I can't recommend them enough. They're great guys and super polite.

The Scout SGT looks GOOD>yes.gif

Thanks man. I wanted to try some stuff out I'm glad you like him.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5473/11023272025_1c03ba9bf2_z.jpg

"On the Nature of the Legiones Astartes"
The path of the warrior is not that of strength, cunning, or power, but rather that of courage of the soldier and trust of his brothers.

-Unknown XIII Legionary

H
eromen cursed as yet another of the Heathen wretches flung itself at him, scrabbling at the upraised wing of his shield. With a sneer he shook it off like a dog and crushed its skull beneath his boot. His greatsword “Imperalis” cut a massive swath through the ragged forms in front of him as the 129th pressed onwards in their counteroffensive slowing driving the forces of the XVII back. The sky still burned a deep red two days after the initial assault, but the efforts of Ventanus and Lord Guilliman had turned the tides firmly in the XIII favor. Heromen reflected on what the XVII had become. Heretics. Traitors. And recently it seemed, Corrupted. 

He ducked a clumsy swing and kicked out crushing the torso of the crazed woman who swung at him, then smashed his shield into the Astartes who dueled with Konnere, throwing the marine off balance and allowing the older man to separate the Word Bearers head in a flash of steel.  The old man nodded his crested helm in appreciation, and blasted the head of a collapsed traitor with his Serpenta coating the cerulean plate in a patina of blood. 

“Nice strike boy. Unnecessary. But nice.” The old mans north Albian accent still tinted his words, giving him a very unique sound even the vox couldn’t erase. One of the first Astartes, Konnere had seen it all, and acted the weary, cantankerous old man. But it was just that: an act. The older man could be coaxed into telling old war stories or teach you a new technique he’d picked up fighting with the Imperial Fists.  He was veritable treasure trove of information and the young marine often believed him unkillable.  

“Aye sir! I thought I’d give an old man like you some assistance! Need me to find your walker?” Heromen and Konnere fought back-to-back, Heromens sword cleaving in great sweeping arcs whilst Konnere fought like a cornered viper, his sword dancing and weaving in between the defenses of those who rushed onto his blades.  
“Aw screw off ya git! I’ll sit my arse down when I’m good and ready! And quit callin’ me old! I’m only 250 you sack of grox :cusse!” He ducked the screaming chainaxe of a Word Bearer assault trooper, disemboweling the frothing madman with two swift cuts. All around the two Ultramarines mounds of bodies grew in height as cultist were forced to scramble over their own brothers and sisters to reach them. 
“I think we’ve broken them, sir. There’s a lot less of them coming and they’ve seemed to stop.”

He heard Sawn sigh loudly over the vox. “You stupid :cusse. Why would you say something like that? You know-“ He stopped as the ground began to shake beneath them and a guttural roar rang out. Suddenly the wall of cultists exploded and in its place a hulking abhuman stood, clutching a massive thrumming hammer.  It growled, spittle and rool running over its inflamed flesh.

“Skulls! Blood! Hafrid Slays for Urizen!”

Sawn turned to the grinning Heromen, his irritation plain, even through the polished MK IV helmet. “Wipe that stupid :cussing grin off your face boy…” His voice trailed off into a disgusted murmur that Heromen could hear over the vox. “Stupid boy. Running his bloody mouth I swear. Always the ogryn too, stupid strong Ogryn. Why can’t it ever be Ratlings? No, has to be Ogryn. I swear to Guilliman. Always Ogryn. “

"Brother, your channel is still open...."

"I know."

Heromen couldn’t stop himself. He laughed at the grouchy  old man who he considered his closest friend.  He laughed and ran at the growling Ogryn, eager to fight something that might challenge him.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3759/11769406215_75cc2d435c_c.jpg

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5507/11769663353_0f9d14e1da_c.jpg
{Pict Capture//+2:16:37 Delras//Captain Sawn Konnere: status-K.I.A.REF:ALLANT RNDKNG}

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3670/11769674543_10bb8ca593_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7459/11769428295_09c39d4c27_c.jpg

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3733/11769432915_a2c7d53438_c.jpg

{Pict Capture//+2:16:37 Delras//Captain Alexei Heromen: Staus-Active(First Captain//SHATTERED SUNS}

It's Ramirez!

But of course.

Great pair! Almost makes me rethink my own plans for the Praetor...

I try haha. Looking forward to seeing it.

Best two models IMHO biggrin.png

Awesome job....loyalist scum tongue.png

Hey, us loyalists are outgunned by you traitor folk. Someone has to save the imperium.

Vaz my brother your improved beyond the terminology of leaps and bounds... Full army shot now!!

Hopefully Wednesday when I have all my stuff damn near painted. I'm facing off against Deathguard and I'm going to get pummeled. If someone wants to look at my army list let me know.

Damn I like the mark 3 praetor. I need to go back to the drawing board.

As in my take on it? Or just the model itself. It's a fun kit, and that dude has sat in my head for nearly a year....

I just want to thank you guys for all the support and comments. It means so much to me as a writer and painter. I know I can count on my Brothers of the B+C anytime and it's a good feeling. It's amazing to see a thread of mine at 10 pages. I never expected that. I never thought I'd have guys like 1000Heathens, Noctus Cornix. M2C or BCK or any of the big hitters commenting on my stuff. It's a great experience and I like to think I've grown in skill and technique over these pages. It sounds sappy but I love you guys and wouldn't choose to be anywhere else.

Ave Imperator my friends.

That pose is better than the one I had planned. I was going to do something more like Tyler Mengel's Corien Sumatris, but Heromen's pose feels more natural for my captain. Mengel's model feel like a champion, but my guy is supposed to feel harsh.

That pose is better than the one I had planned. I was going to do something more like Tyler Mengel's Corien Sumatris, but Heromen's pose feels more natural for my captain. Mengel's model feel like a champion, but my guy is supposed to feel harsh.

Gotcha. Mengels is a pretty model as well, and I like his(I just like mine more sweat.gif ) But yeah, his seems like a hero, whilst Heromen comes off more as an arrogant prick. Which he is, just not as bad as Crixin.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5473/11023272025_1c03ba9bf2_b.jpg

"Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
We laughed at him, we leagued with him, old chum.
No soldier's paid to kick against His powers.
We laughed, -knowing that better men would come,
And greater wars: when each proud fighter brags
He wars on Death, for lives; not men, for flags. "

-"The Next War" Wolfrod Owin Circa. M2

*Note * The

following is an excerpt from Natale’s treaty “The Warrior Kings of
Ultramar-Builders of the Imperium”

Selected Quotes
"I know not what awaits me in death, nor do I care. I am at peace knowing my hands have paved the way for Humanity's enduring survival."

-Unnamed Ultramarine

Y
ou once asked me what it meant to be an Ultramarine.  What it was like to be the son of a God? In

that moment, I had no answer, I was young, arrogant, I knew nothing. But I have
fought for nearly 250 years, and as the Company ancient for 150 of those years.
And I have come to realize what it is to be a member of the XIIIth legion. What
it is to BE an Ultramarine. When one thinks of the Thirteenth, one inevitably
thinks of our Armor, the Cobalt of Macragges skies, or our worlds, the ideal
visions of Man Himself.  But these thing
do not make a warrior of the XIIIth. No, that is a simple by product of the Warrior
Kings of Ultramar, and the ideals they uphold for Humanity. What makes an
Ultramarine is Courage and Honor.

Courage. Courage is every Ultramarine willing to lay down
his life for the man beside him, the children behind him, and his Lord above
all. It is doing what is necessary to ensure victory is not a bloodbath and
restraint is shown. It is charging once more into the breach, not because you
have to, but because you choose to. Because that’s what Courage is. Honor.  Honor is treating those you have conquered
with respect, for they most assuredly have earned it if they have survived. It
is taking the difficult route, because it is the correct thing to do. It is
ensuring that what we leave behind is remembered and regarded as Good. We are
not ignorant savages like the Wolves, or the soulless sons of Nostramo. Nor are
we stoic, clinical men like the Fists or Hands. 
And still some argue we are glory hounds like the Cthonians or Iron
warriors, citing our empire, our successes. But they too, are incorrect. We are
loyal sons, simply doing what is asked in an attempt to finish this Crusade. We
know it shall not last, and we hope to hasten the end, creating a golden age
for Humanity. Our role is of no consequence, as we serve Humanity first, not
the other way round.  We know this. We
accept this, and so we serve. So my dear Nat, it is not our modifications, or
our armor, or our success that defines the legion. It is our ideals, what we
believe that make us Ultramarines, nothing more nothing less. And make no
mistake, as long as one Ultramarine still stands, there is hope for our beloved
Imperium.  To me, that is what it is to
be an Ultramarine.  Never forget that.”

- Ancient Aristius, Standard Bearer of the 129th company

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3724/11865508265_0515ef658c_c.jpg

{Pict Capture//Ullanor Triumph//Mark +250:24:23//*Note the shattered haft of the banner, alledgedly broken by Xenos specimen "Gorfeeder" Slain by Aristius in personal challenge.*}

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7458/11865944814_b44755035c_c.jpg

*Heraldry of the 129th Company upon the banner. Note extensive company honors as well as the Star of Ultramar awarded by Lord Guilliman for the Companies heroics upon Ullanor VI*

Loving it!

There are very few models I like that MK4 champion head on. This is decidedly one of them. Also, I didn't know how cool Ultramarines look with a different colored faceplate. Ideas of terror markings carrying over a bit? The 8th does have such a captivating way of bleeding into a man... ^_^

Great work on the banner, bro. smile.png

Thanks man. Was hoping people would like it. I'm very proud of it.

Loving it!

There are very few models I like that MK4 champion head on. This is decidedly one of them. Also, I didn't know how cool Ultramarines look with a different colored faceplate. Ideas of terror markings carrying over a bit? The 8th does have such a captivating way of bleeding into a man... happy.png

You'll be pleased to note I've begun work on the Carnifex, and Terror markings made the cut...

Great job on the Banner the central symbol reminds me of the 1st Mar. Div.

So it does, so it does. Unintentional but cool nonetheless.

Reading Kol and Flint13 talking about this made me take the time to look for it and read through it.

Amazing stuff, Vazzy. Nice to see people tackle the Ultramarines and actually take in the sheer scope of their immense numbers. A lot of the fluff is pretty good as well. I skimmed through quite a bit, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already or not, but I like some of the Dresden File's references, intentional or otherwise.

Reading Kol and Flint13 talking about this made me take the time to look for it and read through it.

Amazing stuff, Vazzy. Nice to see people tackle the Ultramarines and actually take in the sheer scope of their immense numbers. A lot of the fluff is pretty good as well. I skimmed through quite a bit, so I'm not sure if this has been mentioned already or not, but I like some of the Dresden File's references, intentional or otherwise.

Thanks man, much appreciated. I used to be a big "smurfs" hater, but now I can't see myself not being XIII legion. 

I like the unit symbol Vazzy. Very cool idea. Harkens back to the rogue trader markings.

Yeah, that was about a weeks worth of English lectures in the making....

Really? Nice. I was almost certain it was intentional. It's very reminiscent of how the Marine Corps does a lot of its Battalion and higher logos.

I figure if there's any Legion that would be like the US Marines, it would be the Ultramarines, lol.

Really? Nice. I was almost certain it was intentional. It's very reminiscent of how the Marine Corps does a lot of its Battalion and higher logos.

I figure if there's any Legion that would be like the US Marines, it would be the Ultramarines, lol.

Yeah haha. Must've been all marine buddies rubbing off on me. 

Thanks man, much appreciated. I used to be a big "smurfs" hater, but now I can't see myself not being XIII legion. 

>I like the unit symbol Vazzy. Very cool idea. Harkens back to the rogue trader markings.

Yeah, that was about a weeks worth of English lectures in the making....

Hey Vaz check it out! We're becoming mildly internet famous!

Archived