Vazzy's Big Heresy Thread-Word Bearer Test Scheme 4/7/16

Vazzy

Today was a good day for the XIII, My Limited Edition boarding marine came in. Best $6 I ever spent. Sadly My brother hasn't shipped my praetor model from home, and I forget my glue and clipper. Dammit. 

Untitled by vazzy2012, on Flickr

6 bucks!? 

You're kidding.

Negative. the elegen/tg/entlmen pointed me in the right direction. Based Chinaman is based.

Sense, this does not make.

What's not to get brother Kol?

Does this conversation have subtitles? huh.png

Anyway, have fun with the fancy ridiculously cheap model. I've always loved it, short of the helmet crest, but those are fitting for Ultras.

It does indeed have subtitles since I'm not sure on the boards stance on certain methods.

You can say the word "recast". Just don't go any further with it, like links and how-to. Basically we won't discuss it. tongue.png

Still, the quality looks surprisingly good compared to some of the recasts I've seen before.

Fair enough Darth yeah, It's a recast, and a stellar on at that. Assuaged my fears of ordering my Fell Glaive now...

I'm torn on the subject of recasts. I understand the pros and the cons. That's why I do try pay for all music movies books and so on. Plus FW get nearly all my money so I don't judge.

Sometimes it's easier and I bought something from that FW discount to check the quality as I was actually unaware of it some months back.

Now I'm wiser

Indeed. For an excellent price. 

Also Jasp. I used to feel bad. But Considering how much I've put inot the hobby, and Forgeworld, The Occasional Recast aint gonna kill anyone. Granted, I've been going from occasional to often, but still. 

I still don't understand why GW would pull older versions of something when a new one comes out, especially with marines. It's not like they had a complete remake in the last 20 years, like, say, Dark Eldar. I suppose it's to limit the selection to pay for the expenditures of making new molds and all that, but still, the old Sternguard have surely paid for themselves long ago and it's all profit at this point if they kept selling it.

I don't know man. All I know is is that when I first started playing, I blew close to $3500 dollars the first 6 months. As a sophomore. As such, I generally feel pretty good about saving money on my legion stuff. 

i just don't say :cuss about it. If they don't like it, thats cool, but considering my GW manager pointed me in the direction (Love ya Matt!) I think I'll be ok. Plus, people love looking at my army, so there's that. 

A bit of a short story I'm "sort of" working on right now. I plan to tie my Toughest girls in the Galaxy models into my Ultramarines background. i'm bored and have nothing to do, so expect random post and edits throughout the evening. It's not edited, and I'm sure it suck, but as stated, I felt like writing and this sort of spewed out. 

“I think it ridiculous we’re not joining the invasion right off the bat. I mean, we’re the 129th for Emperor’s sake!” Heromen grumbled, shrugging the auto responsive plate at his shoulders. Next to him stood the grey bearded face of Captain Konnere, The companies second in command, who smiled at the youth’s impatience. 
“Peace, Brother. We shall be called upon before you know it. Someone has to defend Calth though. And it’s an honor to do it. Never forget that.”

Heromen nodded, and called forward to their Captain ahead of them. “What about you sir? Is the old man right?” He grunted as Konnere elbowed him in the ribs. 
The Captain never turned from the view of the Arcology below. “Aristodemus speaks the truth of it. We have been assigned to guard Calth, and it shall be so.” 
Fidelitas watched as the 129th deployed outside of the Arcology, hab tents and ammunition stocks being unloaded from the gleaming stormbirds. 

Heromen nodded, and went silent, realizing it was not wise to press the matter. All three Captains now overlooked the sink hole occupied by the Ultramarines and the 432nd Imperial Army regiment. Nicknamed the Amazons, the 432nd was an all women’s regiment, recruited from the 129th company’s “homeworld” Talassar.  The command group was personally known to the three Captains, and had been since their joint founding 150 years previously. Their current commander, Ivanka Skorzeny was a personal friend to Luciel, and considered a competent commander by the Captain. 

Luciel smirked; tan skin pulling tightly around the corners of his face. The Greenskins were a joke, an opinion most of the Company knew, but was rarely voiced out of respect for the Warmaster and his wishes. Secretly, he agreed with Heromen, and desired to put in the Vanguard, but knew his place was here.  Before he could speak, a small petite woman, ran up to the Captains, chest heaving. She skidded to a halt and snapped to attention, blond hair waving beneath her peaked cap. 
“Lord Fidelitas?” He nodded, amused at the girls attempts to stay composed in the prescence of demi-gods given form. 

“I. I. I have, an, uh. I have a message from Lady Skorzeny sir. She cordially invites you a meet and greet at the Arcology in two hours. “

Luciel laughed, a deep booming sound that caused the girl to unconsciously take a step back.  “Tell your lady, we shall be more than happy to attend!” Heromen paled, and Aristodemus winced, knowing how well they performed at social functions. He would’ve rather chosen to talk to the XVII instead. It was going to be a long day. 

Archived