Introduction:

Having just joined Bolter and Chainsword on the day this was first posted I figured I'd get this up and running and start something online to show what me and my friends are doing with our 40k models. So the teams tagged are the ones I'm doing right now I'm working on the Tau army (Tau are and always will be my favourite race in 40k) however as the time goes by I will work on ever single race tagged. 2 of the armies will be full conversions with counts as set up which are the Mechanicus counts as IG and Hrud counts as Chaos Daemons. Anyways me and my friends are building our models lore around the fan made 2nd Emeraldis Crusade which I will get into the meat of shortly. Me and My friends are collectively bringing in every race in the 40k setting except for a few that we don't really want to do. In short the 2nd Emeraldis crusade is a massive fan made story set in the 40k universe made by me and my friends who are all getting into this hobby. I've known about 40k since I was 9 years old and recently I've introduced my friends to the "bright and shiny fun time pony land" place it is. Overall I've got 3 other people involved and would really like to get the awesome story behind it out there. And to show how were replicating it for the Tabletop. So without further adoo I bring the 2nd Emeraldis Crusade

Story Of the 2nd Emeraldis Crusade

On the far eastern rim of the galaxy on the border of the Tau Empire and Imperium Of Mankind lies the Star System Of Emeraldis. With a full 7 inhabitable planets its a rare and strong sector held by Humanity since the days of the Great Crusade were the foul xenos of the Tel'nazam where wiped out and the sector was brought into Imperial Compliance. The Imperium left the sector under the watch of the Ultramarines as the Great Crusade went on. With the outbreak of the Horus Heresy and in the end the second Founding the Ultramarines there split into there own chapter known as the Soaring Swords. The Soaring Swords named the sector their own and have since kept there as the home sector of the chapter. The planets of Emeraldis are diverse and wild form the massive factories of the Forge World of Emeraldis VI to the jungle Death World of Emeraldis II as Emeraldis is diverse and large it is also self sufficient and more than heavily defended with a billion Guardsmen of the Emeraldis legions at beck and call and the chapter of the Soaring Swords it was well prepared when the 1st Emeraldis Crusade of the Brass Skulls Chaos Warband struck. The war went on for 2 years before Chaos was broken but this would not be the last or worst time the sector saw war. For a century after the end of the first Crusade the 2nd was ushered in. The 2nd Emeraldis crusade began when the Tau of the sept of Ra'via the recently established sept from the neighboring sector launched an assault on the sector after diplomacy failed. Led by Shas'o Danen or Commander Darkspear the Tau managed to make headway in the sector before the real battles began. As the 2 factions waged war the Eldar of the craftworld of Zeanor-Vain arrived knowing something of the sector that the primitive race had not yet noticed. For under the sands of Emeraldis III lay the Phaeron Tioq of the Tiuankh Dynasty of Necrons. The Eldar sought to prevent the Imperium and Tau's war from awakening the Herald of the Nightbringer for he was the most relentless of all the Necron kind violent in cruel seeking to purge Flesh from the galaxy. Unfortunately the Eldars action only helped awaken the Necrons and Tioq began the awakening of his dynasty at that moment unleashing the Necrons of Emeraldis III on the Sector. The Orks in the nearby Red Sun Systems could not have failed to notice the fight going down in Emeraldis and as such the Ork Warlord DreddKlaw led the Orks of the Bull Eadz Clan on a relentless charge into the sector looting and pillaging all in there path but focusing more on the Forge World of Emeraldis VI trying to loot the ancient weapons of the Adepus Mechanicus who in turn fought against the Greenskins deploying the Emeraldis Skitarri. The Pool of warfare that was Emeraldis at this point caught the eye of Asbrudael Vect Supreme Overlord Of Commorragh who in turn hired the services of the Dark Eldar Warp Raiders Kabal and their Archon,Silundras. As The Dark Eldar descended upon the sector a new Imperial Force arrived. The Space Marines of the Devil Dogs successors of the White Scars led a company headed by their Chapter Master Xavier into the sector to combat the Ork Threat. Even then though the Genestealer Cults of Emeraldis VII a lesser Hive World started to grow and heralded the coming of a Hive Fleet. Unfortunately for the Imperium Tyranids of Hive Fleet Hydra suddenly appeared in the sector however they did not come alone. For soon after a company of the Diamond Scythes led by their Chapter Master arrived in the sector to do war against the Great Devourer of whom they'd been following for quite some time. But as this hit Strange activity was found in the ranks of the Soaring Swords and it was all but answered when the Chief Librarian of the Soaring Swords turned to Heresy in the name of Tzeentch splitting the chapter in half. As it was the Knights Of Calladar successors of the Dark Angels arrived to help fight against the heretics. They arrived with 3 companies strength led into the sector by their Supreme Grand Master Dioqreudies. But as the battle wages and Imperial Guard forces flock to the sector with a full Liberation Fleet on the way it appears the Brass Skulls have returned led by the Blood Father their Daemon Prince leader they have returned many times stronger than before and with the assisstance of something yet to be explained...

Army Blog Starts Here

While I'm trying to get some pics up I lack the ability to get the files on my computer at the current time it may be later today will see some pics however they will probably be up early tomorrow so I can get some Chaos Space Marine and Loyalist Space marine ones up to.

So to fill in time here's a little about me and my friends who are building this story as time goes on. Me and my friends are really just a group of teenagers (seriously i'm 15) who have found the hobby and taken an interest. I have been into 40k since I was 9 years old and have learnt a fair amount of 40k lore since. My friends found there way to 40k through me after I took them all to the store I buy my models from. Interested and wanting to know more they've gotten started on armies of there own (2x Space Marines and Necrons). I am simply putting the blog here to get the Idea out in the open. If your offended by any of that I strongly suggest you just don't bother with the topic.

So on the note of the 2nd Emeraldis crusade is that the Emeraldis sector was something originally made by my Older Brother for his Space Marines (Soaring Swords) who will probably see the first pics on here. Since getting my friends into the hobby I've rehashed the idea into something further where I can tie together all are armies in a lore binding hold and make it more interesting because we all have our own personnal Fanon. As time goes on you will see more and more of our armies and learn more and more about the story for I will roll out more with each update. In the end I will also create missions and scenarios in case anyone wants to maybe enact elements themselves.

Well I have plenty of power armoured things that will be in here its not just xenos if you read the damn thing all the way through that would be clear but there will also be lots of pics of xenos I'd just like to note that in the end the vast majority of pics that will be in this will probably be Imperial forces because if you also read all the way through you will have noticed that the amount of Power armoured forces involved in the story are pretty much all there is in the canon with only a few exceptions such as SOB and Grey Knights. Its also terrain building. The blog is more 40k in general than Tau

Edit:However I'll set up a blog on Warseer to in case that doesn't pass as exceptable

There will be plenty of Imperial and Chaos related pics in here there will just be some xeno ones to. However the main focus of pics will be the Space Marines and Chaos Space Marines.I'm going to setup a blog on Warseer were the main focus is xenos but here it will be Power Armored factions

Archived