Tzen's Word Bearers WIP Blog!

Tzen

Well, hopefully I will start the Mhara Gal dreadnought, so I can always use it in 40k as a normal dread! :biggrin.:

Totally forgot about that, screw getting 2 copies of the box set, I'll get one of them Dreads and some Gal Vorbak and one boxset. 

Haha. I can't wait for this new game. It means I will have a small Heresy force! :D

With five terminators completed, I thought it was time for a group shot!

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/termgroup1.jpg

I think I will make a start on the Mhara Gal next, it's been waiting for quite a long time!

A fantastic squad! I may have said this before, but what's so great about your painting, apart from the amount of technical precision and accomplishment on display, is how it seems to seamlessly blend influences from GW's own retro paintjobs ca. 2nd era with more modern and contemporary styles -- these look like they should have been in a Codex at some point ;) Brilliant work!

If I have one very minor concern, it's that I think you could become a little more adventurous when it comes to kitbashing and converting. The perfect addition to your force would be some heavily customised models rocking your amazing paintjobs -- I am thinking along the lines of your converted Dreadnought. We need more stuff like that from you!

Ta Kraut! :D

I know what you mean about the kitbashing and converting. I have a few ideas in my head for some things I'd like to do, but I always seem to lacking the time to do them. So I tend to fall back on easy options.

Hopefully in the next few months I will be able to work on some more cool stuff like my dread, I want to do some heavily converted Terminators, and re do my Daemon prince :D

Ta chaps! I am really enjoying painting him so far, I think the torso may present itself as a unique challenge so the novelty may wear off a bit then! :D

Work continues!

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/mharalegs.jpg

The legs aren't stuck together yet, I just wanted to pose them a little so people could get a general feel for the model so far. Still lots to do but quite happy with how it has turned out. I may add some nurgle's rot to the pipes to make them look a little more "ewww". Not sure yet!

I have to agree with dosjetska, nix using nurgles' rot, if ya want the stuff to stick out abit , paint it so that it's glowing yellow or light blue between the pipe segments or somethin'. :happy.:

can't wait for more progress!

I think I will finish the model then see how I feel about it. A few people have said they dont like the idea of the Nurgles rot, so it seems that's off the table! :D

Further work on the Mhara Gal!

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/mharalegs2.jpg

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/mahrabod.jpg

I know the pictures are a little dark, I am in a rush this morning so just took a few snaps. Only a WIP pic so not the end of the world!

How do you paint your parchment? Really liking how he looks like so far :thumbsup:

Same way I do my bone actually. Well in this case anyway. I try to stick to as limited a palette as I can. So in this case it's skag brown > Tau Light ochre > Bone > White highlights. I then do a brown glaze with fleshshade and medium. 

And thanks to both of you, These comments always get me hyped to do more! :D

Archived