Tzen's Word Bearers WIP Blog!

Tzen

Haha ta chaps!

Might do some terrain and the Forge World rogue psyker next. Just to mix things up a bit! (And I need more terrain).

Dude. The Mhara Gal looks great.

Also this WIP log started in August 2013. I wish I had your dedication. :biggrin.:

Funny thing is, this isn't my first thread for these guys, it got wiped out by some technical issue a while back! :D

Thanks Hydra! :D

Two comments have cropped up more than once since I posted the finished Mhara Gal. 

First  - How big is he? Can we get a marine next to him for scale?

Second - You should take a picture of him with the Gal Vorbak and your Possessed marines. 

So who am I to disappoint? :D

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/mgndave.jpg

Mhara Gal and "Dave" the plaguemarine. 

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/mgnfrands.jpg

Gal and friends!

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/mgnmoarfrands.jpg

Gal and more friends! :D

The difference in the shade of red I use now and when I painted the rest of these minis is pretty apparent. I wont re paint them, but just find it interesting.

Oh and I much prefer the "desk top" pics I take. I just like seeing people's work spaces, and I think the light box pictures come across a little sterile. Just my opinion mind!

Ta chaps! :D

Great Group shot.:thumbsup: Sir I have a Target lock!!!

Haha, who knows, maybe one day our armies will meet on the battlefiled! :P

The Amhara Ghal and the Gal Vorbak together just look awesome! That picture alone is swaying me to the ways of the Word Bearers.

Join us! And we can rule the galaxy as fa... no wait... wrong setting... JOIN US ANYWAY!

Sometimes I buy a miniature simply to paint. I imagine many of you lot are the same. However I have to admit, right now the model on the left of this picture is probably my favourite miniature.

http://www.golden-throne.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/twopsy.jpg

I can't tell you why, I just knew the minute I saw it many years ago that I had to own and paint it. Well recently a trip to Warhammer World finally allowed me to purchase it!

There are loads of models I have bought purely because I thought they looked rad as hell, but I honestly think the floating Chaos Psyker has to be the top. There's a few out there that compete with it, but if I had to sit and choose one, this would be it. 

Anyone else have a model they bought purely to own it!?

I totally agree with you about how "busy" the Mhara Gal looks and it's why I don't have one yet myself. My eyes always feel a bit confused by pics of the thing, but I think you did a great job showing all the (very nicely sculpted) detail without making the model look as messy as it unfortunately tends to. I'm not sure it would have worked with your brighter paint scheme, but with the new darker one there's such a strong contrast between the base colors and the highlights that it makes the whole thing much more visually palatable. Anyway, astoundingly clean painting as usual, Tzen. :)

I agree with you on the worktop shots for showing off minis, feel it gives them more character, although decent light box shots allows you to show off details better. Also I have two tubs of minis that were bought with the notion of painting them just for the hell of it, that I'm slowly just getting round to.

Regardless of the change in recipe, your Word Bearers still look impressive together.

Haha, my entire necron collection was just for the hell of it, i had to borrow friends' pieces any time i wanted to play as 'em (the unbuilt tombstalker in my room is my pinnacle of that idea!)

Then there's the riptide.... still alone and unsupported on my shelf... :unsure.:

someday.

someday.

Gotta say that i hate trying to snipe those damned floating psykers with a lascannon when i play the space marine campaing on hard, they're annoying as all hell to hit and they strip your shields away like nobodies' business!!

Aaaanyway, can't wait to see the new psykers painted. Have fun with 'em!!

Archived