Ravenwing Interrogator-Chaplain

SRSFACE

I've been working on this guy for awhile. Once I realized Hit and Run applies to the squad and doesn't say every guy in said squad needs it (just one model does!), I could utilize Zealot to get rerolls in just about every combat ever. It's like the Ravenwing Command Squad I run alongside this guy hit and run with their bikes just long enough to remember how much they really hated those guys so they go back in for more.

Plus, I-C's have I5 so if you do choose to hit and run, it goes off his initiative even though he doesn't have the ability. Rules abuse! Hurray!

So meet Interrogator-Chaplain Brennus.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/sandmanccl/2013%20August%20-%20Figurines/Brennus_zpsc426d4ae.png?t=1377397637

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/sandmanccl/2013%20August%20-%20Figurines/Brennus_01_zpscd2f1d78.png?t=1377397664

(Other side of model here, and close up of face here.)

I literally just took these photos and as always seems to be the case, I notice a ton of stuff to clean up, but, it's like 95% done so I feel comfortable sharing photos.

I run him with the Mace of Redemption as it's one of the best relics in all of 6E in any codex, as far as I'm concerned. I went with a dull glow look to it for a few reasons. 1, I didn't want it to shine so bright I would have had to apply light sourcing to the rest of the model. 2, I wanted it to look like it was warming up. It has the "Blind" rule to it, so I imagine it shoots super bright light when it connects to things. Pretty cool imagery, personally.

The bike itself was a regular bike. I was going to kit up the guns right but wanted to use one of the cool front ends from the black knight box. After I had already attached it, I couldn't get the boltguns to fit because the holes were just not right, even after trying to cut it down with my knife. So, I just ended up throwing the plasma talons even though it's not an actual wargear loadout. Quite sad. Still, most people get what I was going for with him and don't seem to care and let me still run him as though it was the boltguns.

Torso and legs are the Ravenwing Champion bits out of the RW Command Squad box. I had to hack off the automatically attached exhaust pipes. In fact, because I wasn't quite sure how to get those legs on the bike at first, I ended up hacking off the left side of the bike's exhausts before I realized I couldn't fit these parts on so I ended up having to greenstuff on the pipes. They didn't come out that great, but hey, it's only really noticeable if you're looking for it.

Right shoulder is out of a Khorne Berzerker box. Head is one of the robed heads out of the Deathwing Terminator box as is the mace, obviously. The wings on the back are chopped up backs to the Ravenwing Command Squad parts so they'd fit together.

That's actually one of the reasons I always take pictures. Yeah, showing it off online to friends is the obvious reason, but I always spot little things that I can clean up so I go back at it to truly finish it. :) Luckily my phone's camera is pretty good.

cool! i've just recently started going back through my models etc and want to make a chaplain on bike also, but since I have no awesome skills I'm basically going to use the actual chaplain on bike model and just try and some ravenwing/dark angel bitz etc :p

But interrogator chaplains can't have a plasma talon...

Counts as plasma pistol?

the last paragraph in original post explains :)

@Philby: I thought about that, but that model is so old and ugly! (And more importantly, out of print!) I know a lot of long timers to the hobby get upset when I say that, but it's true. Their sculpting has come a long ways since then. I also simply prefer working with regular ol' plastic. Pewter has a way of falling apart on you, and Finecast literally melts in my car as I transport it around because I live in the desert.

Plus, I mean, no one else has quite got this guy, so that's always fun, too. :)

@Philby: I thought about that, but that model is so old and ugly!

I used the old oop model, because I was able to get it second hand via ebay at a fraction of the normal price, but yes, it isn't the best model in the world, and is also smaller than the more modern plastic bikers. Still, though, I like my "aren't you a little short to be a chaplain" biker. smile.png

yeah i know it is a fairly old model and prob not available now, but since i'm just starting to get back into things and have had it sitting around in the box for years i might as well use it! i don't think i have enough spare bitz and skill to scratch-build/convert another one yet.

Archived