Really love your Librarian. Only think I would consider doing is trying to add a proper psychic hood into the armour and/or adding some cabling around his chest plate.

How would you suggest I go about it?

Mike

For the hood, the easiest way is to use the back part of a power armoured Grey Knight with the hood built in but it may be a little late for that. An alternative is to slightly brutalise a spare shoulder pad. It would require a little green stuffing to tidy up though.

For the cabling, green stuff would work if you are good with it. Otherwise though, cheap guitar strings make decent cables.

These things are entirely optional though, the guy looks very menacing and enigmatic already.

Chaplain, I am so glad I found this thread- I was already super impressed with your Crimson Fists, but the rest of your work is just as good! The smoothness of the bronze on your Minotaurs is just outstanding!

How many different armies do you run?

Really love your Librarian. Only think I would consider doing is trying to add a proper psychic hood into the armour and/or adding some cabling around his chest plate.

How would you suggest I go about it?

Mike

For the hood, the easiest way is to use the back part of a power armoured Grey Knight with the hood built in but it may be a little late for that. An alternative is to slightly brutalise a spare shoulder pad. It would require a little green stuffing to tidy up though.

For the cabling, green stuff would work if you are good with it. Otherwise though, cheap guitar strings make decent cables.

These things are entirely optional though, the guy looks very menacing and enigmatic already.

Shame I didn't think of getting a GK back piece befoe I built the Libby. :/ I'll see what I can do though. Thanks for the input. :)

Chaplain, I am so glad I found this thread- I was already super impressed with your Crimson Fists, but the rest of your work is just as good! The smoothness of the bronze on your Minotaurs is just outstanding!

How many different armies do you run?

Thanks Geektom. I have The Fists I'm building, an Emperor's Children army that needs mostly assembling, Necrons and the Minotaurs though I'm in the process of stripping the infantry and selling a lot of the rest.

Mike.

I love the Libby as is , to be honest bud. Psychic hoods don't really do it for me. Much prefer the look you have going on here.

Game wise, he has a hood, its psychic....he has a psychic hood, made from 100% specially charged psychic hood cotton.

Also text me about your minotaurs.

I love the Libby as is , to be honest bud. Psychic hoods don't really do it for me. Much prefer the look you have going on here.

Game wise, he has a hood, its psychic....he has a psychic hood, made from 100% specially charged psychic hood cotton.

Also text me about your minotaurs.

I haven't got any credit 'till next month. :\

Decided to do something different so I've embarked on a little adventure trying to make a diorama, specifically a Blood Angel Captain squaring off against a Black Legion Lord. I haven't got much to show so far except for a bit of progress on the Blood Angel.

The pics are a bit bright and wash out the red and lose the depth somewhat. Trying to get a darker than usual red for this guy and I think it's going alright so far.

gallery_26383_8804_2006.jpg

gallery_26383_8804_19361.jpg

Looks great...but I just stumbled across Vallejo Game Colour Midnight blue and couldn't resist. I'll bare the rest in mind though when I do something in midnight clad ;)

Archived