More excellent painting! Very nice!

Now for the hail of bullets (well, just one bullet, I suppose): the Sternguard kinda don't look Sternguard-y. Terminator Honours to denote Veteran status, or box mags to house Special Issue Ammo would be good. Though this criticism only works if you actually put these guys on the table to play, which you might not be doing!

You are right, I had some Crux Terminatus pads and completely forgot to put them on! :P I'm relying on them having both gauntlets painted red, rare Pre-Heresy armour and my regular opponents not being to fussy. 

Must remember the Crux pads next time though! :P

• 2 months later...

So it's been a while and no, I haven't finished those Crimson Fists, but I do have another Marine based project to attempt to complete. This time Chaos Marines, more specifically World Eaters.

I bought a fairly large World Eaters army at the weekend from a guy at my Club and got a really good deal. For £150 I got 60 Berzerkers (half of which I will be re-purposing as Chosen, Raptors, Havocs etc.) , 10 Terminators with the FW upgrade parts, 1 Zhufor, 1 Metal Khârn, 1 Metal Axe Lord, a FW World Eaters Dread, 1 Rhino and a Land Raider, all of which was unpainted.

Painted this guy up as a test model for the 'Zerker Squads.

gallery_26383_8478_52759.jpggallery_26383_8478_389.jpggallery_26383_8478_67245.jpggallery_26383_8478_29268.jpggallery_26383_8478_11861.jpg

Glad you guys like him. :) Red is one of those colours I've always struggled to paint to a standard that I'm happy with but with my Crimson Fists I think I reached the level where doing a predominantly red army was an option. :)

BlindHamster- They really are showing their age, aren't they? I'd be over the moon if GW released Plastic Cult models!

I love your paintjob, it's a perfect mix of old school (saturated colors) and "modern" (weathering, blood). I haven't seen an old berserker pleasing me for a long time.

A whole army like that will be stunning !

Thanks, high praise indeed. :)

Time for another update full of Khorne goodness!

So this is my test model for my Terminators. I may have been a little too zealous with the blood effects but I like it and think it suits the model. Plus it's really fun to paint and to look at! :P

gallery_26383_8478_42913.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_47568.jpg

gallery_26383_8478_40593.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Really diggin' the Wolf. How did you do the eyes? And any chance we can see more World Eaters soon? 

-Tarvik

I highlighted the grey around the eyes as usual and then washed the eyes and the surrounding grey with Bloodletter red glaze. Really simple but worked much better than I expected.

I'm finishing up some World Eaters this week. ;)

Forte- What is this 'focus' you speak of? :P

Archived