The Scouts look ACE!!! the Sgt needs a Bike and a Cigar.

He wishes! :P

Really nice scouts. I love your work.

I must say that Space Wolf a couple of pages back is beauty. Lovely combination of colours.

What do you have planned next?

Thanks! :)

I have 5 Tactical Marines I'd like to get finished before next week when the ETL starts for which I'll be painting more Tempestus models. :)

Decide to finally have a proper stab at a Heresy Era army and again I'm going with Emperor's Children. 

Cobbled together 7 MKIV Marines from bits used in my other armies which, whilst meaning I had to tear apart some primed Crimson Fists and a Minotaur or two,  gives me a decent start along with my Kakophoni and Fulgrim.

Test model is done except for the base. Pretty pleased with how it turned out, especially the face.

These guys will be the traitors that followed Fulgrim and be set after the Maraviglia (spelling?) so will feature some Chaos parts through out.

1907987_10203413450875521_701871300868881509113_10203413452075551_68223876199814

That is an amazing take on the purple and it's 1000% the image I have of the iiird

Thanks Jaspcat. :)

do feel like the mini is off centered by only on shoulder trim being gold, but that might just be me. What are you planning for the base?

I was worried the gold on only one pad wouldn't work. Do you think I should paint the other trim gold to balance out the scheme or drop the gold completely?

I'm not sure about the basing. The 2 Kakophoni I finished were to be part of my Chaos army so have my standard grey bases but I think I want to try something different.

Any suggestions?

Absolutely stunning. Lovely colours and the freehand really stands out. Be good to see what else you come up with.

Thank you Forte. :) I have a few ideas but I'm thinking my next lot (after the Tac Marines) will be a squad of Palatine Blades. ;)

All I saw was 'tore apart primed crimson fists to make traitor EC's'

Brother......I'm loading the boltgun with vengeance rounds that have a tiny capsule in that full it hellfire firery deathness....

Nice purple though lol

Brother......I'm loading the boltgun with vengeance rounds that have a tiny capsule in that full it hellfire firery deathness....

Nice purple though lol

But see this is what I think could happen now mikey can build fluff for the IF on terra fighting ransacking EC and building up a vendetta and hatred for the sons of fulgrim ;)

The best part mikey is that a lot of BA parts look good on the IIIrd

Nice purple though lol

Ha ha, yeah, I also kinda 'repurposed' the MK IV and MKVI Vets that I had painted as Crimson Fists.

What can I say, I'm a cheap skate! :P

Jasp- BA parts do look good on the IIIrd. My mock-up of a Centurion is based on an old metal Sicarius model with a Sang Guard sword and shaved down Death Mask. ;)

Another box of Sang Guard are a must. :)

I do think painting the trim on both shoulder pads would balance it out, and I always imagine all of the Emperors Children with gold on them somewhere. As for the base, I think something with a little green would be a good start, as it would contrast well with the purple. Perhaps something with a little grass? Or is grass not gritty enough for Warhammer? 

-Tarvik

I think you're right so I've decided that both trims will be gold on these Marines. 

Maybe a dark brown base with patches of dead grass, or at least grass that isn't too bright?

Thanks for the help Tarvik. :)

Finished a second Pre-Heresy EC, this time the Sgt. I know his armament isn't a legal choice but I don't care and I doubt my regular opponents would either. :P 

Also my start pic for my ETL vow-

1526189_10203445045625370_15552558761316

1908302_10203445045305362_86928922404473

10304438_10203445045065356_4970115342051

1012591_10203444515572119_65763482741581

Archived