Nice Knight and base (and everything else in the whole thread, for that matter)! 

However, being both Tyranid AND Hacked up by a gigantic chainsword, I would like to suggest the addition of blood, gore- and/or slime strings on the Trygon. If you decide to give it a go, I can recommend this tutorial. 

Good luck with the progress of your projects. The Emperor protects.

Finished my Knight. Getting pictures has been a pain thanks the size of the model and the crap weather, however here it is- Velstadt, t, The Penitent Lord.

10406691_10203938675005796_6592560286603

1538883_10203938674285778_38044587914407

10514483_10203938673805766_5030089983415

10464379_10203938673485758_4962010942576

10457954_10203938673245752_1069109436954

10527874_10203938673045747_3711611174306

The more I look at it the more I like it. And mostly due to the arms being the opposite way round to how you usually see them.

Only thing that I find isn't coming across (and your not the first so don't take it personally) is a sense of weight. Not the easiest thing to show.

The more I look at it the more I like it. And mostly due to the arms being the opposite way round to how you usually see them.

Only thing that I find isn't coming across (and your not the first so don't take it personally) is a sense of weight. Not the easiest thing to show.

You're right about the weight thing. I'm not brilliant with GS and other converting methods so I opted not to reposition the toes or have the foot sinking into the Trygon's torso, which was my original plan. Didn't want to mess up an £85 model. :P

Glad you like it though I wish the photos captured the details like the weathering better. :/

Know what you mean. Photos always seem to show up any little mistakes you make but not little details you'd like people to see (like the veins on my Forgefiend's tongue for example).

wow! Looks truly stunning! Love the colors, and the turquoise goes brilliantly with your metal work. Bravo!

How was the assembly, overall? Things fit together they way they should?

wow! Looks truly stunning! Love the colors, and the turquoise goes brilliantly with your metal work. Bravo!

How was the assembly, overall? Things fit together they way they should?

The model went together really easily and with no issues. It also was a suprisingly quick build for such a large model. :P

Thanks. I'm not too fond of Ragnar's Company markings either, much prefer the lesser represented Companies. :)

The grey is:

Basecoat Eshin Grey

Shade with Agrax Earthshade

Highlight with Dawnstone

Highlight again but with Administratum grey

:)

Stick to one army damn you lol

Great painting fella

I know, I have serious commitment issuses with plastic men! :/

deathspectersgt7- Thanks. :)

Darth Mustard- Glad you like the red and grey. :)

Jimmy - Thanks. :)

Please share how you painted these wolves....that exactly how I wish mine would turn out...great work

The grey is:
Basecoat Eshin Grey
Shade with Agrax Earthshade
Highlight with Dawnstone
Highlight again but with Administratum grey

The red is Khorne Red on the shoulders, elsewhere I highlight it with Evil Suns Scarlet and Troll Slayer Orange.

The Wolf pelts I base with Gorthor brown, Highlight with Karak Stone, highlight with Screaming Skull.

Hope that helps. :)

Archived