Battle for Humanity (Legion)

GhostMalone

I'm thinking once this project is done some vallajeo and an airbrush will help with some admech and titans.

How do you find handling other colours that aren't GW?

I bought some of the Vallejo game and model colord to try and gave away all of my GW paints a few years ago. When GW redid their paints I bought some to try and to teach my kids how to paint minis with. I gave all of those away as well. I mainly use Vallejo, especially the model air line. They are ready to go in my airbrush and thinned enough to paint with a brush right out of the bottle. I have a few of the GW inks that I still use, thats it.

Any photos of finished vallajeo minis?

I'm tempted to switch but I need to know which paints to transfer to, can't stop unison within the company

I don't have photos of finished minis but I'll be using their paints on my DA and I'm starting my log tonight if I can get some good pics of my primed minis.

Well I thought it would still be a contrast in colour like the TS but easier conversion potentials and I can have them defending whilst trying to outflank/overrun my world eaters that could be besieging a garrison.

Plus trench warfare with two loads of pshycotics could be fun ;)

I still want to do a squad of thousand sons as a showpiece but I think blood angels are on the table ill just avoid sculpted breastplates as I hate them

Dark angels- too many people like them and I don't want to go back to them. It's hard enough building the kits for my cousin let alone do it for him and me

Emperors children- I would consider it but I'd need to learn how to do a marble purple effect

Iron warriors- good contrast and great for sieges plus sworn oath brothers, yet I don't think I could pull it off

White scars- I'd love to do but I need asiany bare heads which I can't seem to find any decent ones

Space wolves- I don't want to become like my brother who is a hardcore wolves fanatic

Imperial fists- perfect opposition I'm just not sure on painting yellow

Night lords- I know heinrich and kol would love me to do them but I know my ability isn't up to that standard

Blood angels- easy conversions and paint scheme to close to the WE though

Iron hands- I think I could do it if I get a good black recipe :)

Ultras- I've always been weary of them as it's the go to army at my club

Death guard- perfect if I wasn't already doing a heavy support theme

Thousand sons- scared of the conversion side and the legion organization

SoH- I hate abaddon but love loken, sort of not sure but I'd like to do it

Word bearers- as much as I love lorgar argel-tal and the whole back story I worry on the scheme

Salamanders- I need convincing and I don't like the skin and eyes combo

Raven guard- high possibility just not liking heraldry

Alpha legion- all mk vi all helmets no adorning anything and they're done

So yeah guys I need help

There's several ways you can organize the Legions, in my opinion, this is how I see them(emphasis for fluff thugs that want to argue with me about my own opinion)

The broadest category to me is whether they're primarily shooty, stabby, or a hybrid of the two.

Shooty: Iron Warriors, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands, Death Guard, Thousand Sons, Salamanders, Word Bearers

Stabby: Emperor's Children, Space Wolves, Night Lords, Blood Angels, World Eaters, Raven Guard

Hybrid: Dark Angels, White Scars, Ultras, SoH, Alpha Legion

Since WE are definitely Stabby, I'd go with either a Shooty Or Hybrid choice.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i438/furioso-prime/tumblr_l96b01l36p1qdhmifo1_500.jpg

well out of those I vote;

1. Iron warriors-because we don't have any yet. and, I have a great recipe for Iron! if you want to see it, I am using it on my Black Templars(which, Ironically, are not black!)

and I have two different versions of the "iron". and the BT tester will be on my BT thread. but I'll post it here so you can see.

2. Imperial fists-as a former Lamentor player, I have a super easy yellow recipe that is a little more subdued than the Cannon Yellow of the 40th.

3. Iron Hands- Black recipe, gotcha covered there as well. the largest army I ever collected was about 6K of Black Templars. so yeah, I am a little decent with the black paint jobs!

4. And of course i am going to recommend Salamanders. I love your world eaters, and would equally love to see your take on the "ORIGINAL" boys in green!

@kage- I'm thinking shooty rather than a hybrid as I want my WE to be the footsloggers and I do like how you broke those down

@prime- hmm these recipes I must see :)

@grotsmasha- yeah johno I looked on there a while back I'm just not sure on the weapons if anything, plus that adds up quite quickly for the resin but I'm considering it.

What I want from this second legion is something I can use as loyalists and traitors. But at the same time I'm thinking fists IW IH or maybe even Sallies.... But I like the aesthetics of the TS

Archived