Quotes that Struck you from the Heresy Series

Emperor's Furor

The knight stepped back, his duty done, the final smears of blood rain-washed from his sword. His brother staggered, clawed hands clasping his own neck. A dark, liquid torrent was gushing between his grasping fingers. He was trying to hold his throat closed, and he was failing...... The Knight-Lord wasn't a soul given to smiling, nor was he petty enough to mock a fallen foe. He lifted his blade in salute, crosspiece resting against his crowned forehead, honouring a slain enemy.

'I told you,' the Lion said to his dying brother, 'I would be the end of you, Curze.'

and....

'This is Sevatar to the fleet. Let me be clear, brothers and sisters. I am not losing to these pious, deluded, rag-wearing whoresons twice in the same month.'

both quotes from Prince of Crows by A D-B

Edit - spelling!

The knight stepped back, his duty done, the final smears of blood rain-washed from his sword. His brother staggered, clawed hands clasping his own neck. A dark, liquid torrent was gushing between his grasping fingers. He was trying to hold his throat closed, and he was failing...... The Knight-Lord wasn't a soul given to smiling, nor was he petty enough to mock a fallen foe. He lifted his blade in saute, crosspiece resting against his crowned forehead, honouring a slain enemy.

'I told you,' the Lion said to his dying brother, 'I would be the end of you, Curze.'

So very awesome...

"I was there the day Horus slew the Emperor". Such an iconic line in the series, and instantly the one that springs to mind.

Perhaps my favourite comes from Angron, in Betrayer. A fantastic book that changes our perceptions of the lord of the Red Sands. In particular, when we find out more about Angron on Nunceria and the subsequent attack by the Ultramarines. After Lorgar breaks off from fighting Guilliman, and Roboute diverts his attention to Angron and calls him childish, Angron (understandably) goes nuts.

"Childish? The people of your world named you Great One. The people of mine called me Slave. Which one of us landed on a paradise of civilisation to be raised by a foster father, Roboute? Which one was given armies to lead after training in the halls of the Macraggian high-riders? Which one of us inherited a strong cultured kingdom?

And which one of us had to rise up against a kingdom with nothing but a horde of starving slaves? Which one of us was a child enslaved on a world of monsters, with his brain cut up by carving knives?

Listen to your blue-clad wretches yelling of courage and honour, courage and honour, courage and honour. Do you even know the meaning of those words? Courage is fighting the kingdom that enslaves you, no matter that their armies overshadow yours by ten thousand to one. You know nothing of courage. Honour is resisting a tyrant when all others suckle and grow fat on the hypocrisy of others. You know nothing of honour"

It's a long quote, granted! But it speaks volumes and adds a lot of depth to the image of Angron we were used to of KILLMAIMBURN

The entirety of the description of Curze and the Lion fighting in Prince of Crows was stunning - in particular, though...

"... His movements were faster, jerkier stutters too swift for the eye to follow, between moments of unnerving serenity. Each heartbeat of calm lasted just long enough to convince the witness it was real, before the laughing murderer moved back into his twitching, killing paroxysm."

For some reason that bit, and the following bit where Sevatar recalls that this is what Curze used to be - "A creature of gaunt limbs, hollow cheeks, and sunken eyes, fuelled by some bleak energy brightening his gaze with the promise of dark fire. Lank black hair flowed across his shoulders, washed by the random spray of foes’ blood and never anything more. His smile was a gruesome flourish of filed teeth between the whitest, thinnest lips." - seriously struck me as powerful. The execution was just perfect.

"So, you have hope for the future of the Imperium after all?"

"Hope is but the first step on the road to disappointment, brother.  You can fight for hope if you wish.  I will fight to bring Honor to the Dead."

-Tullian Aquila answers Septivaul in Honor to the Dead

''A thousand battles,ten thousand,ten times ten times ten thousand to bring about the new age.All of the certainties of the past torn down,all the beliefs that made them turned to ashes.War on every front,stretched across time until none can know when the final blow with come.There is no disaster for all disaster serve me alone.'' -Horus in Warmaster

One of my favorites.

Blah. It's been awhile so these might not be quoted the best.

"I want cover fire so thick I can walk on it."

Fulgrim to his (probably devistator squad leader) - Fulgrim

"But we did win today. The best battles are won without a shot fired, and with no lives lost."

Omegon, (probably in Legion)

I've got another from Sevetar and Prince of Crows I couldn't find it at first so was unsure if it was in the audio but not the short, anyway here it is:

'He has leashed us for three years. I am done with obedience. To the abyss with Horus and his arrogant whims. He is no better than the Emperor'

‘Your walk is ugly and foolish,’ said Fulgrim. ‘You move like a greenskin. It offends me, and I do not wish to see it. Stay behind me until you can perambulate with some grace.’
‘Yes, my lord,’ rasped Eidolon, retreating in the face of Fulgrim’s ire.
‘Perhaps I left it too long to retrieve your shrivelled head from that emptied barrel of victory wine,’ said Fulgrim. He shook his head and smiled. ‘No, the fault lies with Fabius and his imperfect work. Remind me to punish him for making you stupid and ugly.’

Angel Exterminatus

and something more serious:

‘Do you fear death?’
‘We are the Legiones Astartes,’ said the Word Bearer. ‘We know no fear.’
Khârn met his brother’s eyes. His silence served to ask the question again.
‘Yes,’ said Argel Tal. ‘I do. I’ve seen what waits for us on the other side.’
The sincerity in the other warrior’s voice made Khârn shiver.

Betrayer

Archived