Quotes that Struck you from the Heresy Series

Emperor's Furor

Lots of great quotes so far, but few or none from one of the most interesting and devilish Legions around. . .

"Are we in agreement on this?"

"Aren't we always?"

-- Alpharius and Omegon discussing plans after Omegon uses Ranko and Co. to obliterate the alien device/station without Alpharius' knowledge

I just love the game within a game within a game aspect of the Alpha Legion.  Omegon turning on his brother opens up so many delicious possibilities.

I hope we see more Sharrowkyn though. Only person to beat Lucius in a fair sword fight? Badass ALERT

Except for Loken. And Saul Tarvitz. And...actually at this point it's easier to list the characters who HAVEN'T beaten up Lucius.

Which by my count is...Kasper Hawser and Treyze the Sin Eater.

Except for Loken. And Saul Tarvitz. And...actually at this point it's easier to list the characters who HAVEN'T beaten up Lucius.

IIRC Loken just broke his nose before Lucius had realized the fight has started. The second bout went to Lucius eventually unless I remember it incorrectly.

“IT HAD OFTEN been said that a Space Marine knew no fear.

Such a statement was not literally true, a Space Marine could know fear, but he had the training and discipline to deal with it and not let it affect him in battle. Captain Saul Tarvitz was no exception, “he had faced storms of gunfire and monstrous aliens and even glimpsed the insane predators of the warp, but when Angron charged, he ran.”

I hope we see more Sharrowkyn though. Only person to beat Lucius in a fair sword fight? Badass ALERT

Which by my count is...Kasper Hawser and Treyze the Sin Eater.

Fair fight. As in swordwork only, no kicks, grappels, or Loken nose breakers

“IT HAD OFTEN been said that a Space Marine knew no fear.

Such a statement was not literally true, a Space Marine could know fear, but he had the training and discipline to deal with it and not let it affect him in battle. Captain Saul Tarvitz was no exception, “he had faced storms of gunfire and monstrous aliens and even glimpsed the insane predators of the warp, but when Angron charged, he ran.”

Haha that was mine from an earlier post but that one was great :P

For the second fight Sharrowkyn

opened by emptying the clip of a needler pistol at Lucius...who was swinging around a creepy tentacle whip thingie in addition to his sword.

It still wasn't as awesome as the scene when Malcador takes him in "Flight of the Crimson Mark of the Prince of Unremembered Treachery".

Granted, it was a cool Lucius moment when he sliced the boulder in half to show off his skills, but then Malcador is all "Boulder no hit back" and he calls Lucius out with those twin Chinese butterfly swords.

It's still my favorite part of the novella. Even over Mortarion and Guilliman discussing philosophy while they're killing those squid ninja alien things.

For the second fight Sharrowkyn

opened by emptying the clip of a needler pistol at Lucius...who was swinging around a creepy tentacle whip thingie in addition to his sword.

It still wasn't as awesome as the scene when Malcador takes him in "Flight of the Crimson Mark of the Prince of Unremembered Treachery".

Granted, it was a cool Lucius moment when he sliced the boulder in half to show off his skills, but then Malcador is all "Boulder no hit back" and he calls Lucius out with those twin Chinese butterfly swords.

It's still my favorite part of the novella. Even over Mortarion and Guilliman discussing philosophy while they're killing those squid ninja alien things.

Which novella is this??

I have a feeling you are all confusing BL with WG.

He is a prolific scribe in his own right.

Sorry for forcing you upon my noobishness with acronyms but what is WG?

wade Garrett, aka Lord Soth, he gentlement who posted the story you were inquiring about (ie, he made it up, it was in nothing published by BL)

• 1 month later...

The entire scene of the Mornival facing off eachother on Isstvan III was by far one of the most inspirational for me. And the last stand of Saul Tarvitz with the rest of the loyalists.f

when i first read this scene i pictured mozarts requiem playing and have some slowmo parts some really good facial expressions to let the betrayal really sink in. they need movies so bad

Archived