Quotes that Struck you from the Heresy Series

Emperor's Furor

Except for Loken. And Saul Tarvitz. And...actually at this point it's easier to list the characters who HAVEN'T beaten up Lucius.

IIRC Loken just broke his nose before Lucius had realized the fight has started..........

Delivered a series of pithy remarks, broke his nose, delivered another pithy remark and walked out the ring before Lucius thought to stand up (if I remember correctly)

Delivered a series of pithy remarks, broke his nose, delivered another pithy remark and walked out the ring before Lucius thought to stand up (if I remember correctly)

That's how I remember it as well. That was an awesome scene.

BTW who was it who gave pretty face his first scar?

That's how I remember it as well. That was an awesome scene.

BTW who was it who gave pretty face his first scar?

Does it matter?  Could be aliens.  Could be A-Certain-Lunar-Wolf.  

Either way he got beat.  

Important part is the emotion involved in his (Lucius') defeat

Two of my favs from Betrayer

When Agrel Tal quickly ends a dying Loyalist's life, Khârn tells him mercy suits him, to which Argel Tal replies mercy is for the weak, and in turn, Khârn asks him what that makes him:

'I have never pretended to be anything but weak, Khârn. I don't enjoy war, yet I fight it. I don't relish torture, yet I inflict it. I don't revere the gods, yet I serve their holy purpose. Humanity's weakest souls will always cling to the words "I was just following orders". They cower behind those words, making a virtue of their own weakness, lionising brutality over nobility. I know that when I die, I'll have lived my whole life shrouded by that same excuse.'

And later in the same chapter:

'Sometimes I ask myself how we reached this point', he said. 'Fighting ignorance and slavery with genocide. We can either live in delusion and darkness, or become something we hate. My nights are haunted by the shrieking of a blind girl I failed to save, and a warrior with a mechanical parasite in his skull and the daemon wrapped around my soul are my closest brothers.' He smiled wearily. 'We're definitely on the wrong side, Khârn.'

'How can you say that?'

'Because both sides are wrong.'

" Stand away from that treacherous dog before you join him on an eleventh spear. Do you understand me? This moment is a crucible upon which all else spins. Obey me, or I will kill you where you stand." - Lorgar

" No answers are worth this."- Argel Tal

“Sanguinius.

It should have been him. He has the vision and strength to carry us to

victory, and the wisdom to rule once victory is won. For all his aloof

coolness, he alone has the Emperor's soul in his blood. Each of us

carries part of our father within us, whether it is his hunger for

battle, his psychic talent or his determination to succeed. Sanguinius

holds it all. It should have been his...”

We have received your offer of surrender and reject it; we did not come to receive your supplication but to enact judgement. The time for surrender has long passed. The verdict is writ by your own hands. Now is the time to die."
---Night Lords multi-channel vox-broadcast,
The Pacification of Listrantia IV

thanks Kol saresk this s a good one

!

When the Emperor dies under his axes, when his final thought is of how the Great Crusade was all in pathetic futility, and when his last sight is Angron's iron smile... then the Master of Mankind will learn what Angron has known since he picked up his first blade.

Freedom is the only thing worth fighting for.

That is why tyrants always fall.

Lord of the Red Sands

Edit-typo

01101001 01101110 01100100 01100101 01100101 01100100 00001101 00001010

It was a bit of both. Angron refused to have the Nails removed. The Emperor conducted research into finding out how to remove them.

One of the Mechanicus priests who conducted the research into the Nails "said"(more like he was asked questions and he answered what he was able to while leaving some very obvious inferences) that the research had been cancelled and that what they did know is that even if Angron wanted to have the Nails removed, they couldn't be done so without killing him. His standard physiology was already too different from the average human and the Nails made it even worse.

Interpret the "change" as you will.

Angrons nails were different i thought also it did worse things to a primarchs mind than to a regular space marine. it would have killed him. its always been portrayed as way worse than what the other marines go through with their nails.

It was a bit of both. Angron refused to have the Nails removed. The Emperor conducted research into finding out how to remove them.

One of the Mechanicus priests who conducted the research into the Nails "said"(more like he was asked questions and he answered what he was able to while leaving some very obvious inferences) that the research had been cancelled and that what they did know is that even if Angron wanted to have the Nails removed, they couldn't be done so without killing him. His standard physiology was already too different from the average human and the Nails made it even worse.

Interpret the "change" as you will.

Angrons nails were different i thought also it did worse things to a primarchs mind than to a regular space marine. it would have killed him. its always been portrayed as way worse than what the other marines go through with their nails.

We don't know how different his Nails were though. What we do know is that

1.) His mind is not analogous to a normal human mind. What could work for a human or even a gen-enhanced human, apparently does not, can not and will not work for a Primarch.

2.) Whether it be the Nails, or how his physiology simply reacted to the Nails, they were killing him, as confirmed by one of the very tech-priests that researched into the matter at the order of the Emperor.

3.) There was no way to remove them and he live, also according to the tech-priest. I mean heck, even Astartes barely survived the removal of the Nails and even when they did, they still suffered severe brain damage to the point they might as well have died.

• 2 weeks later...

'The Word Bearers have always... been weak. Never with the strength to
stand alone. You've always needed an excuse.' Brother Apothecary Meros

'Perhaps you should have thought about that before sending countless thousands into the meat grinder at Calth! There is still time to call them perhaps they might hear you shouting from the moral highground!' Angron to Lorgar

'Get up.' Khârn to Erebus when he is showing the pathetic whelp how useless he is.

It's not so much a quote but I still love it.

Very calmly, Lotarra Sarrin drew her laspistol, took aim, and shot the World Eaters Captain in the face.

Corax rose to his full height and unslung his heavy bolter holding it like a mortal man might hold a rifle. 'That was for appearanced do you think I acutally need a bodyguard.'

“There is word from Terra. We are to return immediately.’ I heard a chop of static and a sound like a hammer striking a cracked bell. ‘I have given the order to withdraw. Pull your forces back and–’

‘To where? Pull back to where?’ Laughter edged Tyr’s voice. I looked at the battle projection, at the rune representing Halcyon trying to get clear of the centre of the Iron Warriors fleet. ‘I am not retreating, brother. I am going forwards. I am going to kill our enemy.’ He had always been headstrong, reckless even, and he had never liked me. I smiled at that moment.”

Dialogue between Polux and Tyr (my two favorite charecters)

The Crimson Fist

"Corax rose to his full height and unslung his heavy bolter holding it like a mortal man might hold a rifle. 'That was for appearances do you think I acutally need a bodyguard.'"

Nice D.I.V

Oh oh oh I have another good on from Ravens Flight.

'Corax threw the bloody limb aside and grabbed a grenade from the sargeants belt slamming his fist into another Space Marine the explosive detonating in his grasp.Corax heard the whine of hydrolics to his right as he shook is numb fingers.'

To me Ravens flight is still the best description of a Primarch fighting we have. Yes Betrayer was amazing and I do love the Lion and Curze carving each other apart but ripping a gunner right out of a predator sponson and punching through his spine is just so badass. It only makes the injusdice done to him in Deliverance Lost more vexing.

When the Emperor dies under his axes, when his final thought is of how the Great Crusade was all in pathetic futility, and when his last sight is Angron's iron smile... then the Master of Mankind will learn what Angron has known since he picked up his first blade.

Freedom is the only thing worth fighting for.

That is why tyrants always fall.

I thought the above quote was awesome and a much more compelling reason for the traitors to fight the Emperor.

Then I realized the above passage doesn't fit in with what they have been writing at all. The Horus Heresy isn't the story of 9 sons overthrowing their tyrant father. Its a story of super fantasy gods winning them over in really weak plots with no believable 'spiral into darkness' with the exception of one or two. 

Horus - stuck with an evil knife, then got shown some visions while in a coma and decided he would be a good Emperor, with almost nothing believable or expository said about the neglect he felt or the betrayal at the Emperor's return to Terra. 

Kurze - Crazy visions made him do it. One of the more believable stories, which says more about the others than him.

Lorgar - Found a pantheon of Gods in the Warp, then spent 40 years hatching a plan to overthrow the Emperor. Sadly, all we see is him finding out Gods exist, and then 40 years of character development and Machiavellian planning are glossed over in favor of Argel Tal and his weird relationship with a teenager and his daemon.

Mortarion - Horus asked him nicely I guess.

Angron - Hated tyrants so much he killed lots of innocent people and then decided to become a Daemon. Not even like a daemon who brought justice to tyrants. Just a big one with wings.

Magnus - Joined Horus because... well he had a weird vision quest with Ahriman.

Alpharius - An alien told him it was the only way to beat a threat he had never heard of before. 

Perturabo - Horus also asked him nicely.

I wish they would go back and actually, you know, explain why they turned traitor in specific detail. Instead of glossing it over in favor of Loken being sad, Argel Tal being sad, Lucius drawing his swords on people he disagrees with, Khârn being sad, etc. 

Archived